Brooklyn, NY

Mary Queen of Heaven School 1

Posted November 08, 2009

Posted August 03, 2008
@TwoStar Review posted 10/17/07----Untrue. As a former graduate/helper of the Afterschool program, I can assure that homework is handled straightaway (as soon as they arrive, in fact) and all students who fully concentrate on their work are able to complete their homework within an hour. Student volunteers/members of the faculty are there to help as well. As to other aspects of the school, (based on 11 years worth of time there) I can say that the curriculum is well based and well balanced. Trouble is dealt with properly (meaning not too harsh, not too lax). Environment is constantly clean and friendly. Of course, Spanish could use a bit of stepping up (since foreign language is indeed a very important part of education). Also, tips learned from everyday events help in high school (such as a systematic switching of classes/constant time schedule for students grades 5-8).

Mary Queen of Heaven School 2

Posted October 17, 2007
The academic program could be extended. The students are lacking in math and english. They need to have a foreign language. They don't have a worthwhile music nor art program. Nor do they have a sports program. The afterschool program was a waste of money because they did not even touch the homework until an hour after the program began.

Posted June 13, 2007
My child has been at MQH since Pre-K3. School is safe, clean, and very friendly staff. Children are constantly rewarded for doing well or excelling. I commend the Principal Sister Donna for doing such a fine job. She is very strict, and we need that in schools today. However, she is very well respected and friendly! School needs more extracurricular activities.

Mary Queen of Heaven School 1

Posted May 26, 2007

Posted February 11, 2007
I have two children at this school. After their school closed two years ago I thought I would never find a great school for them. Sister Donna is the best! She transformed my children. I will miss her very much when we move later this year.

Mary Queen of Heaven School 4

Posted January 23, 2007
My daughter have attended this school since PK3 to present(3rd grade). By the first month of the school year, the principal knows every child by name (300+). Great accademics and the children are well disciplined.They are taught about God. I agree that a foreign language should be taught at an earlier grade. There is a wonderful rapor between the parents and the teachers are hands on.The custodial staff and principal are strict with safety for the children.

Mary Queen of Heaven School 4

Posted August 15, 2006
My husband and i did not receive a catholic education and we are so grateful a friend recommended MQH. With high regard. We have two children here and words cannot express our gratefulness to god, the staff and church for accepting our family in such a reassuring way. We are confident that they are obtaining a good education.(Both academic and spiritual)they have people around them that sincerely care for their future and well being. The principal has outstanding leadership and we must cooperate to keep this school at its level of excellence!

Posted September 22, 2005
Excellent school. Staff is wonderful.

Mary Queen of Heaven School 2

Posted April 02, 2005
Good school with good curriculum. Very dynamic principal who takes pride in her work, the quality of her school and education. Could do more with art and music as well as start early with foreign language. Not much is done with athletics.

Mary Queen of Heaven School
1326 East 57th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11203
Last modified Mary Queen of Heaven School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mary Queen of Heaven School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top