No rating

Our Lady Of Guadalupe School

Private | PK-8 | 42 students

Living in Brooklyn

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $655,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,390.

Posted August 30, 2011

I still remember when I went to that Guadelupe in 2005, I really used to hate it. They tried to take my favorite toy away, and always put me in the naughty corner, probably because I still didn't know English at all back 7 years ago. Now I'm 12 and I passed my New York State Reading test with a 4, and I just decided to share this now that I properly can. So if you have any other options other than this school, I really do suggest you reconsider them, this coming straight from a past student. Maybe they changed some of their ways, but if that same school principal is still roaming there, well just think it over again. It might end up not being worth it after 7 yrs.

Posted February 21, 2010

My son has been in the school 3 years so far. I am enrolling my next child for pre-k 4 program. I love this school. He is so much more advanced than the children in the public schools in my area. I love this school and would recommend it to everyone with a child that is interested in a private catholic school.

Posted October 28, 2009

OLG pre k program is not adequate for any 3 and 4 year old. I removed my child half way through the year. There is severe lack of communication from the school to its parent base. Classrooms are not equipped with educational materials, mostly toys. I

Posted October 3, 2009

OLG is truly a gem of a school!

Posted March 24, 2009

My son is in the Pre K-3 program & he loves it. I love it. It is like another home & family.I know that I made the perfect choice the perfect school for my son. The best in the area!!!

Posted December 15, 2008

I think this school is great. I had attended this school for six years. Great teachers and activites.

Posted October 6, 2008

I am a student at Our Lady of Guadalupe. I love the school and all my teachers, I have many, many friends, but I feel some of our classes have been cut down a bit because we switch to different classes and teachers. So have our Gym periods! I'm kinda upset about that, but OLG is still a great school. Our new principal is doing a fine job and shes soo funny! She really brings our spirits upwhen we hear her singing 'The Star Spangeled Banner' on the P.A.

Posted April 29, 2008

OLG is the best school, I'm proud of my daughters achievements and I'm very proud to say my daughter attends OLG. OLG has not only been a school to us it is also our second family.

Posted March 6, 2008

I beleive this is one of the best and safest schools there is in Brooklyn. My daughter has been attending there so far from Pre-K through 7th and when I drop her off in the morning I know she is in great hands. Not only are they fully up to date in curriculum, but they teach manners and discipline. Two minor drawbacks is I wish there was more of a music program and more emphasis on computers. They are limited in those two areas. My daughter belongs to choral group though, but there is not much in instruments for the individual to express themselves. Overall, the new principal is doing a fine job and the teachers as well and of course they all love our children and know them all by their names. My daughter says she can't be any more happier.

Posted February 1, 2008

Wonderful school and students.

Posted January 15, 2008

Our Lady of Guadalupe is a very good school, my kids attend this school, and I am very satisfied about my kids education at OLG. I believe the school curriculum prepares the kids for higher education. I high recommend this school to everyone that is interested in they kids education.

Posted January 3, 2008

If you have a 3-4 year old child, do not send them to this school. There is no room for creativity, as everything that comes home is perfectly glued or cut. The teachers have no behavior modification techniques other than sending home notes complaining about classroom behavior! Little kids are expected to sit down and wait endlessly!! Every child is expected to be a 'cookie cutter' image with no acceptance of different learning styles, maturity level, or academic readiness. I wish that some one had warned me.

Posted March 28, 2007

the school is very good and teaches you life lessons. The languae arts is better than the math they are more focused on Reading and speaking than doing math for highschool

Posted February 25, 2007

our lady of guadalupe school is by far the best grade school in brooklyn.The teachers and principals know everyone by name. Some parents think it is too strict,but I feel secure sending my child to a school where cliques and violence are not tolerated. The children are well behaved and happy, but most important, safe.Rules are followed and the children are respectful and will know how to act when they go out into the real world.This school teaches them respect,how to work together and kindness to one another.You cant find better principals anywhere else. It is my childs home away from home.

Posted January 7, 2007

Our lady of Guadalupe is an excellent school. I'm very happy my child is enrolled there.

Posted June 12, 2006

This school is in an excellent are and the parish is very big.

Posted June 6, 2006

The school is tops for discipline and safety. However, parents often kept out of the loop and communication between the school and parents could be better. The kids learn alot, however, if they are falling behind, it will be hard for them to keep up. Teachers do not give any extra help or instruction for the children. They are well behaved and my child has never had a problem with other children as troublemakers are not tolerated. Not many activities offered outside school. But would recommend this school over other area schools.

Posted May 31, 2006

Excellent School Period. The teachers are strict and firm but I would not have it any other way. I have two daughters in OLG and Highly recommend the school.

Posted May 21, 2006

My daughter is in the 4 year old preschool program and she loves it and so do I. I love the school because they focus on learning for the children as well as focusing on teaching them morals and how to be well mannered. I feel they dont get that in public schools in NY. Some parents tend to think it may be too strict. I disagree. If children are taught at home how to behave and they are good in school they should have no problems with the strictness. In all I am very happy with OLG and I love that my daughter is being taught about being a good person and about how family is so important and to believe in her religion. As an added bonus OLG follows and meets the same circulum as the state of NY. Not all catholic schools do this.

Posted April 14, 2006

I have been a parent in that school for the past 13 years. The level of parent involvement in way above standards. Their academics are well above expectations and their graduating classes are often awarded by numerous scholarships to High School. We love OLG and hope that you will too.

Asian 6% N/A
Two or more races 2% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Diana C. Meringolo
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Auditorium
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Music room
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

• Choir / Chorus

School culture

• Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1518 73rd Street