PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted May 13, 2016
My kids started with the Toddler program when they weren’t even 2 years old. As the school has now transitioned into Saint Bernard Catholic Academy, it continues to provide an excellent education with a dedicated and talented staff. The principal and faculty go above and beyond to make the school a well-rounded place to learn and grow. They dedicate their time to teach the children, values, respect, and reliability on a daily basis. The school offers additional programs such as music, various different clubs for boys and girls, technology, step-dance, etc for enrichment of the children. Even though I am a working parent, I am an active member of the Academy and Parish and this makes me proud because my children love to see me involved. My Husband and I are both products of Catholic education and I am happy to give my children the same foundation and spiritual experience. I tried moving my oldest child in Kindergarten to the gifted and talented class at the local Public School and he developed anxiety, was extremely unhappy and not focused in school. Within 2 weeks, the Principal at St. Bernard reached out to me and said “The doors are always opened for him”. Without hesitation, I transferred my Son back to St. Bernard and he is extremely happy and a First Honors student. This has been one of the best decisions I made in sending my children to St. Bernard Catholic Academy. It is by far the best in the community.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 13, 2016
Mrs Buscemi goes above and beyond to ensure that every child feels safe and to help anyone in need. I am impressed that she knows every person that comes into the building whether it's a student, parent, grandparent. She makes sure that our children have the newest technology and does a great job. She is nurturing and truly cares for each child in the school.

Posted May 01, 2016
My children have received a fantastic education from the first day they stepped foot in St. Bernard School. They started with the toddler time program where they weren't even 2 and from that point their love of this school grew (as did ours). Even now as the school has transitioned to St. Bernard Academy, the teachers, principal, and entire staff have remained constant and dedicated and my two daughter love going to "their" school and I value the education they are receiving at St. Bernard Catholic Academy. It is by far the tops in our community, you will be hard pressed to find a better Catholic education anywhere!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 01, 2016
The teachers especially in the younger grades, challenge, and cultivate the children while still showing them the support they need at such a young age. They are fantastic at dealing with the separation anxiety the children have (and the parents have) as well. Especially with the young ones.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 01, 2016
The homework given is enough to re-enforce what they are learning in school, while still allowing them to grow and be children.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 01, 2016
The teachers and staff, including the Principal Mrs. Buscemi are dedicated to teaching the children, values, respect, and integrity on a daily basis. They also allow them creative freedom, and expression through many extra activities that the students can grow, learn, and develop with.

Posted May 01, 2016
My 3 children have attended St. Bernard Simce they were 3 years old. It is more then a school it is a family. The principal and faculty go above and beyond to make this school a well rounded place to learn and grow.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 29, 2016
The faculty, staff and principal have always treated my children as if they were their own! Thank you!!

Posted April 29, 2016
One of the best decisions I made was sending my children to this school! Excellent education from a wonderful and dedicated staff! The students will graduate this school as confident, well rounded and respectful individuals prepared to continue on their educational and spiritual journey!

Posted April 29, 2016
We have been a part of the St Bernard family for almost 10 years and we love it. Amazing school with caring staff. Family like atmosphere. The principal knows every child and parent by name. They help people in the community in need via fundraisers and everyone in the school looks out for your child like family! Technology wise they are head and shoulders above any other school public or private. The education that is provided here is fantastic and I am proud to be a St Bernard parent. I am confident that my children are receiving an excellent education that will help them be successful, respectful, well rounded adults.

2030 East 69th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11234
Last modified St Bernard Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8