PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

My kids started with the Toddler program when they weren’t even 2 years old. As the school has now transitioned into Saint Bernard Catholic Academy, it continues to provide an excellent education with a dedicated and talented staff. The principal and faculty go above and beyond to make the school a well-rounded place to learn and grow. They dedicate their time to teach the children, values, respect, and reliability on a daily basis. The school offers additional programs such as music, various different clubs for boys and girls, technology, step-dance, etc for enrichment of the children. Even though I am a working parent, I am an active member of the Academy and Parish and this makes me proud because my children love to see me involved. My Husband and I are both products of Catholic education and I am happy to give my children the same foundation and spiritual experience. I tried moving my oldest child in Kindergarten to the gifted and talented class at the local Public School and he developed anxiety, was extremely unhappy and not focused in school. Within 2 weeks, the Principal at St. Bernard reached out to me and said “The doors are always opened for him”. Without hesitation, I transferred my Son back to St. Bernard and he is extremely happy and a First Honors student. This has been one of the best decisions I made in sending my children to St. Bernard Catholic Academy. It is by far the best in the community.

My children have received a fantastic education from the first day they stepped foot in St. Bernard School. They started with the toddler time program where they weren't even 2 and from that point their love of this school grew (as did ours). Even now as the school has transitioned to St. Bernard Academy, the teachers, principal, and entire staff have remained constant and dedicated and my two daughter love going to "their" school and I value the education they are receiving at St. Bernard Catholic Academy. It is by far the tops in our community, you will be hard pressed to find a better Catholic education anywhere!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers especially in the younger grades, challenge, and cultivate the children while still showing them the support they need at such a young age. They are fantastic at dealing with the separation anxiety the children have (and the parents have) as well. Especially with the young ones.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework given is enough to re-enforce what they are learning in school, while still allowing them to grow and be children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff, including the Principal Mrs. Buscemi are dedicated to teaching the children, values, respect, and integrity on a daily basis. They also allow them creative freedom, and expression through many extra activities that the students can grow, learn, and develop with.

My 3 children have attended St. Bernard Simce they were 3 years old. It is more then a school it is a family. The principal and faculty go above and beyond to make this school a well rounded place to learn and grow.

One of the best decisions I made was sending my children to this school! Excellent education from a wonderful and dedicated staff! The students will graduate this school as confident, well rounded and respectful individuals prepared to continue on their educational and spiritual journey!

We have been a part of the St Bernard family for almost 10 years and we love it. Amazing school with caring staff. Family like atmosphere. The principal knows every child and parent by name. They help people in the community in need via fundraisers and everyone in the school looks out for your child like family! Technology wise they are head and shoulders above any other school public or private. The education that is provided here is fantastic and I am proud to be a St Bernard parent. I am confident that my children are receiving an excellent education that will help them be successful, respectful, well rounded adults.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework is definitely more than public school but it teaches the children to manage their time and to work hard especially if they have activities they want t o participate in. It teaches them responsibility

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. Bernard teaches children respect and integrity. I can always tell in a room which are our children and which are children from other local schools. They teach our children to respect adults and each other. These children all genuinely care about each other

Last modified St Bernard Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8