Brooklyn, NY

Posted June 29, 2015
If you are a hardworking, nice family...this is definitely not the place for you. RUN! Honestly, catholic school is catholic school. This school is nothing but hype. The good teachers have all gone, the blue ribbon has faded and the education has fallen below its neighborhood counterparts. The principal and clerical staff are uncaring, rude and treat you as though you work for them. These people set the bar and this trickles down to the children and the parents. The tone of the school is harsh. The only members of the school community that get respect are the parents that donate time and most importantly, money.... And their children benefit from that by getting high grades, spots on student council, scholarships and valedictorian. It's not what you know but who you know here. I feel guilty everyday that I allowed my child to attend this school. If this review could help just one person make an informed decision, then I will feel accomplished. If you have doubts....go on a tour of the school...you will get to see the nastiness first hand.....

Posted March 02, 2015
Want to keep your family away from uneeded stress? Good. Then don't send you children to St.Bernadette. Not only do they rule with an iton fist like it's a dictatorship, but whenever you do wrong, you are crucified for it. No matter how small, they find some way to make it seem like you committed a crime. Save your money and go to another school. It's all based upon money. The more you give, the better the treatment. Simple as that. "5 Solid Minutes."- Sr.Shirlee

St Bernadette School 5

Posted January 03, 2015
St Bernadette is a wonderful school. My son loves to go to school every single day. The teachers and faculty are dedicated to teaching the students both academics and good values. It is one big happy family and I'm so glad we are a part of St. Bernadette School! I couldn't have picked a better school for my children.

St Bernadette School 5

Posted October 09, 2014
St. Bernadette is a wonderful and loving environment for my children to learn in. The teachers always make time for children, either before or after school for help. St. Bernadette has many activities & clubs that my children enjoy, including band, confectionery and sports clubs. They have Gym, Technology, Italian, Art & Music classes. The sisters and faculty help to instill faith discipline & morals in my children. I would highly recommend St. Bernadette School

Posted May 23, 2014
I chose St. Bernadette school for my children because of its academics. Which once, was a challenging, "blue ribbon" school has now turned into a sad display of nepotism. Sr. Joan has hired family members of school secretaries, parents of students and friends of parents. Some of these teachers are so bad and there is nothing Sr Joan does about it because they are all friends and family memebers of workers and students. It has become an unethical instituition and children are suffering for it, unless of course you are a donator to the school, then you get special treatment. Scores on standardized testing have dropped. On top of the declined academics, there is a lot of bullying in the school, which is handled poorly. Socially, the clickiness, is over the top here. I agree with all of the previous negative posts. On top of all this, for the money you pay in tuition, your voice is never heard. Sr. Joan will always take the side of her sub par staff, right or wrong.
4 people found this helpful

Posted May 16, 2014
I had four children in St. Bernadette's. Since my children have left the school they have never been happier. It is as if they have been released from prison. Sr. Joan is a terrible principal. She and here cohorts are a miserable bunch. They seem to feel that the more fear they instill the better the education. Creating an environment of tension and rigidity stifles a child's ability to think creatively. The only time you will ever see a child smile at St. Bernadette's is at dismissal. The secretary and many of the teachers wear constant scowl's upon their faces. Sr. Joan lacks compassion and is extremely cold to students and families. It seems to be painful for her to smile. There is no room in society for such a hypocritical institution as the Catholic School. St Bernadette's epitomizes this failure. The principal and facility utilize a stressful learning environment to create a culture of neurotic students and parents. I say to parents who are thinking about sending their children here -don't and to those who have children attending the school- leave. Your children will thank you every day, mine do.
3 people found this helpful

St Bernadette School 3

Posted April 11, 2014
I've been going to this school for a long time, and most of the people seem nice and normal. MOST OF THE PEOPLE. The class I'm in has a big drama problem, and I won't be surprised if other classes do. Some people in my class that you think are nice, are actually back-stabbing, tattle-tale jerks.The moms at this school are HUGE stage moms, and a lot of them live through their child. Their kids are usually in a dance competition team, the best player on a sports team or good at a after-school activity. Otherwise, the academics are great and have helped me a lot, and I got first honors for the full year last year because of the teachers at this school, even though some are very mean or strict. If you want your kid to get a good education and you are catholic, send your child here, but complaints about drama, teachers, and nuns.

Posted November 03, 2013
it is a good school if you want to keep your children with "their own kind" no diversity and the learning is subpar. It is good if you like to isolate your kids from the "real world"

Posted October 21, 2013
STUCK-UP MOB WIVES WITH SPOILED KIDS!! IF YOU DONATE EXTRA $$$ THE SCHOOL WILL TREAT YOU BETTER.

St Bernadette School 4

Posted May 15, 2013
My parents decided to enroll me in St. Bernadette for Grades 6-8 and was one of the best decisions they have ever made. This school provided me with the fundamentals needed to excel in High School, College and the workforce.

St Bernadette School