PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)

We have all of our children (both genders) in St. Anselm Academy and could not be happier. Our family has educators, lawyers and other post graduate family members and hold ourselves to a high academic standard - and this school has met those expectations. From the Principal to the families, we could not feel more welcomed and a part of the community, which is exemplified by the many volunteers, clubs, sports and more. Truly a treasure to be pry of this community. What's also impressive is the level of scholarship monies earned by the students - over $2.1 million in scholarships just the past few years, and for those who choose specialty schools, the kids do very well in acceptance to those institutions - including Regis, Bklyn and SI Tech, etc. it's a testament to the overall program and not the amount of money or teaching to the test that seems to be so predominant at many other schools, which we believe does a disservice in the long run to the children. Frankly, the highest compliment to SACA is that our children (and their many and varied friends) all view it as their second home and are very comfortable and happy. That is priceless. No school is without an occasional issue, but there are simply very few here, and if one arises, it seems to always be dealt with promptly and appropriately.

Develops character: Strongly agree

One thing I've noticed while volunteering at the school is that the students have a great deal of respect for others, especially in the older grades when helping with the young ones.

We recently moved to Bay Ridge, and had several school options for our children. We chose St. Anselms and have not been disappointed. We were welcomed into a community that treats you as if you have been a part of the school forever. Most important to us is that at the end of the day, our children come home happy and learning. We cannot say enough about the teachers and staff, especially the principal. Coming from a family of educators I can say honestly that the family at St. Anselm is amazing and we couldn't be happier to be a part of it.

St. Anselm's middle school is fantastic. I am blown away by the new STEM program where my son is learning robotics. We moved from Park Slope a few years ago and I'm so happy to have joined the St. Anselm family.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Everything in school is aligned with our Catholic identity. There are strong ties to the church, while maintaining the highest academic standards.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The idea of the monthly values really keeps the children focused on being better people.

I have been a St. Anselm parent since my oldest daughter started Pre-K and she is now in fourth grade. My youngest started in the nursery program and is currently in first grade. My husband and I, along with our children, have had an amazing experience so far and it just keeps getting better. The educations has been wonderful and seems to get better every year, with an ever increasing focus on improvement. The STEM program is great and the inclusion of a STEM coordinator has been a real asset to the school, incorporating more hands on experience to the concepts the students are learning. Classroom instruction is varied and keeps the kids interested, as well as helps them retain what they are learning. In a time when so many schools are cutting out special subjects and recess, St. Anselm's has made both of those a priority, It is also such a supportive environment and the sense of community is amazing. My husband and I have a network of other parents to reach out to if needed to clarify assignments, get copies of class notes, etc. Everyone is so helpful and works together to ensure all the children succeed. Aside from academics, it is also nice to have so many extra curricular activities our children can participate in, such as a Reader's Theater and Chess Clubs - there truly is something for everyone and we are so happy we made the decision to send our children here!

Our three children are students at St. Anselm. We are very satisfied with the quality of education they have received thus far. We as parents feel very confident that this school is giving our children the necessary tools to continue their academic success. The involvement of the parents, in the community, gives a wonderful sense of support not only to my children but to all the kids attending. We couldn't have picked a better school for our children.

This is my second year at St Anselm's. As a parent, I wanted to be sure the school had the right amount of the academic rigor, a good community feel for my kids and our family, and placed emphasis on developing a well rounded child. St Anselm's has delivered on all of these important traits. The academics have been age appropriate while still challenging. The STEM program, music program and sports programs are incredible enhancements that contribute to ensuring my kids can learn beyond a textbook. I also cannot say enough about the incredible group of kids and families that have had this experience so enjoyable. The community spirit and support are more than I could have ever expected. I know my kids are developing friendships that will last a lifetime and as a parent I have gained an incredible support and friend base.

I am a freshman in high school and I graduated from St. Anselm. I really appreciate the education that I received and the teachers' concern for my well being. I also made good friends and had fun while at St. Anselm. It was a great place to grow up and learn. I am especially grateful because I am well prepared for high school and the transition to a new school was easy. Throughout 7th and 8th grades, our teachers focused on making us independent and responsible for our work. I now see how important that is. I am well prepared academically too - I am in an honors program and feel confident in my background in all the subjects. I really enjoy Math and Science but I am most grateful for my elementary education in grammar and writing. There is so much writing in high school but it is not difficult because of my background at St. Anselm. I hope you will consider our school and find that it is the right place for you or your child. Best of luck!

Last modified St Anselm Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8