Brooklyn, NY

Posted June 09, 2014
I have observed the teachers, secretary & the principal. I can only say that the staff of St. Anselm is one of prestige and integrity. The prinicpal main concern is safety for the children. I have often heard positive encouragment to the children from the staff including the Home School Assoication. I am proud to say my granddaughter attends St. Anselm Catholic Academy. It is a home away from home anyone attending St. Anselm's is in a caring environment right to the young at hearts. I am grateful to be a part of the volunteer team. It is a privledge and honor to serve as a volunteer.

Posted February 15, 2012
I recently graduated from Saint Anselm Catholic School. I was never happy. I had to push myself everyday to go with the concept in mind that I only had a few more months until I can move on. Until I went to high school, I never knew how much I missed out on, in Saint Anselm. It didn't feel like a second family nor did I receive any sense of community at all. The teachers and student's attitudes were negative. The students were so disrespectful to the teachers. We never received any discipline or authoritative figures. The students never offered me a helping hand. Instead they laughed at my weaknesses. The students were unfriendly, vulgar, unloyal, selfish, and over-competitive. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this school. Unless your a snotty, condescending, arrogant, and oppresive parent, this school is right for you! Otherwise I wouldn't even suggest a Catholic school in general. Public school has much more diversity. Most are even more academically challenging than Catholic schools. Public schools will also cater to each student's individuality.

Posted December 04, 2011
I graduated St. Anselm completely not ready for high school. As I grew as a student from grade to grade I began to resent the teachers more and more. They are impatient, uncaring, and rude. They are never available for extra help and most of them just give textbook assignments and never actually teach the material. I never learned how to right a proper essay not received a proper background in a language. Don't even get me started on the language program.... The teacher is completely unequipped to teach language and I didn't learn a thing in all of my years at the school. Although I maintained a high average in got accepted into a great high school, I feel I spent more time getting yelled at for things such as the wrong socks, than actually enjoying myself at school and connecting with any of the teachers.

Posted October 21, 2010
High expectations for the nursery program. Did not have a good experience, they really know how to make your child feel "different" if not up to speed with the rest. I would def. make sure their curriculum are what you are looking for. Although they did claim at first they were not expecting much and after 12 students they would split into groups. They do not have the resources for any cpse nor do they want any involvement with such potential students it seemed. I do not recommend this school. I actually did alot of sports with st. anselms as a child, and am not pleased with what they are about these days!

Posted September 18, 2010
i Just Graduated this school and know attend Xavier High School. St.Anselm has prepared me for High School 100%. The school is also the first Catholic school in Bay Ridge to have over 80% of our classrooms equipped with Smart Board technology. Also the Teachers are so caring and will help your son or daughter with anything they need. The school last year also scored NUMBER 1!!!!! out of all the schools in the Bay Ridge area on our State Test scores!! I thank my Parents daily for sending me to such a blessed place

Posted April 14, 2010

St Anselm Elementary School 0

Posted March 12, 2010
The school is definitely not what older traditional Catholic schools were. Many of the older children have a lot to learn about living their lives in the faith which they are being taught. The academic program is not all it's hyped up to be. Some teachers are not caring and can be harsh and rude to children in the learning process. That leaves a child feeling alienated, ashamed and uncomfortable to ask questions to learn and reach their potential. There is disparity in the way students are treated. Many students are cliquish and mean. It can be a very uncomfortable and unfriendly atmosphere. If considering Saint Anselm be cautious and consider your choices wisely.

Posted November 24, 2009
I love this school. My daughter is in Nursery program, she love her teacher, she cant wait until tomorrow. I'm so happy with the education so far. I'm happy that my daughter talk about God, most of the time. I hope the school as well the teacher and parents encourage the child education.

St Anselm Elementary School 3

Posted November 23, 2009
I used to go to St. Anselm. I felt that they completely oppressed myself and opinion. I now go to a gifted school, and I strongly urge you not to send your gifted and talented here. Even so, the education is above average.

St Anselm Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2009
If you are a parent looking for a good school with an excellent academic program and a safe secure learning environment then look no further. This school is catholic and religion is taught in a caring manner with due regard to all. This is not your Dads old school. All the teachers are friendly and approachable. Parents are encouraged to get involved in the school activities, and everyone is very supportive. It makes for a very welcome atmosphere for both parent and child.

St Anselm Elementary School
365 83rd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11209
Last modified St Anselm Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Anselm Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top