PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted January 25, 2016
Our three children are students at St. Anselm. We are very satisfied with the quality of education they have received thus far. We as parents feel very confident that this school is giving our children the necessary tools to continue their academic success. The involvement of the parents, in the community, gives a wonderful sense of support not only to my children but to all the kids attending. We couldn't have picked a better school for our children.

Posted November 25, 2015
This is my second year at St Anselm's. As a parent, I wanted to be sure the school had the right amount of the academic rigor, a good community feel for my kids and our family, and placed emphasis on developing a well rounded child. St Anselm's has delivered on all of these important traits. The academics have been age appropriate while still challenging. The STEM program, music program and sports programs are incredible enhancements that contribute to ensuring my kids can learn beyond a textbook. I also cannot say enough about the incredible group of kids and families that have had this experience so enjoyable. The community spirit and support are more than I could have ever expected. I know my kids are developing friendships that will last a lifetime and as a parent I have gained an incredible support and friend base.

Posted November 04, 2015
I am a freshman in high school and I graduated from St. Anselm. I really appreciate the education that I received and the teachers' concern for my well being. I also made good friends and had fun while at St. Anselm. It was a great place to grow up and learn. I am especially grateful because I am well prepared for high school and the transition to a new school was easy. Throughout 7th and 8th grades, our teachers focused on making us independent and responsible for our work. I now see how important that is. I am well prepared academically too - I am in an honors program and feel confident in my background in all the subjects. I really enjoy Math and Science but I am most grateful for my elementary education in grammar and writing. There is so much writing in high school but it is not difficult because of my background at St. Anselm. I hope you will consider our school and find that it is the right place for you or your child. Best of luck!

Posted August 26, 2015
Saint Anselm Catholic Academy www.sacany.org Our child is a current student at St Anselm Catholic Academy and we are very satisfied with our school choice. Our child has always felt welcomed, valued & secure at SACA. School safety is a primary goal. The staff are all trained for emergencies & conduct appropriate safety drills. All doors are locked & the main entrance is monitored by parents & video. Our children participate in the Child Lures Program & all chaperones must be Virtus trained. We also have a full-time Registered Nurse. Our child attended the Early Childhood Program & had a wonderful experience! The program fosters both academic & ethical social development in a warm & fun classroom environment. We had the same experience in First Grade. Our child achieved high grades in all subject areas. Our principal, Mr McKeon, has experience as both a public & private school principle. He has consistently made improvements to the academic program & student enrichment opportunities at SACA, since he took over as principle of our new Academy two years ago. The Faculty & Administration are kind, dedicated & professional. SACA has a strong & well-rounded academic program & incorporates the use of technological devices & computer programs. As a Catholic Family, we value the religious education & freedom to practice our faith with our school community. For working parents, there is an affordable Extended Day Program. It is supervised by the Faculty & focuses on completion of homework/ study time, computer use, art & physical/ play time. Our child has been in the program for 4 years & loves it! The teachers help her when she does not understand her homework. The children have snack time together & have fun playing with each other after homework time. There is a very strict pick up policy & the teachers are very caring towards the children, so it is a safe & warm environment! For our families, we have a strong & very active Home Academy Association at SACA. Our parent volunteers organize numerous social & fund-raising events for our students & the school/ parish community. Our family has made many great friends & memories together at these fun events! SACA has everything that we were looking for as a parent. It is a safe & caring environment where our child can get a great education & our family is part of a vibrant school community!

Posted August 16, 2015
I graduated from St. Anselm two years ago. I loved my time there and I have great memories. I had good relationships with my peers and teachers. It is a safe school. I say that because in high school, I have heard some crazy stories about what went on in some of my friend’s public middle schools. I made a really good transition to high school and many of my classmates received a large amount of scholarships/acceptances into very good high schools across the city. My ELA teacher at Xavier High School told me in Freshman year, that out of her entire class, I was the most prepared. I thought that was very impressive because Xavier has students from all over the tri-state, not just NYC. The education program has improved since the new principal took over in 2014. My siblings are still in the school so I know some of the changes that were made. I am still friends with many of the kids from my class even though we are all attending different high schools. Overall, I had a great experience at St. Anselm.

St Anselm Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 06, 2015

St Anselm Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2015

Posted June 09, 2014
I have observed the teachers, secretary & the principal. I can only say that the staff of St. Anselm is one of prestige and integrity. The prinicpal main concern is safety for the children. I have often heard positive encouragment to the children from the staff including the Home School Assoication. I am proud to say my granddaughter attends St. Anselm Catholic Academy. It is a home away from home anyone attending St. Anselm's is in a caring environment right to the young at hearts. I am grateful to be a part of the volunteer team. It is a privledge and honor to serve as a volunteer.

St Anselm Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2012
I recently graduated from Saint Anselm Catholic School. I was never happy. I had to push myself everyday to go with the concept in mind that I only had a few more months until I can move on. Until I went to high school, I never knew how much I missed out on, in Saint Anselm. It didn't feel like a second family nor did I receive any sense of community at all. The teachers and student's attitudes were negative. The students were so disrespectful to the teachers. We never received any discipline or authoritative figures. The students never offered me a helping hand. Instead they laughed at my weaknesses. The students were unfriendly, vulgar, unloyal, selfish, and over-competitive. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this school. Unless your a snotty, condescending, arrogant, and oppresive parent, this school is right for you! Otherwise I wouldn't even suggest a Catholic school in general. Public school has much more diversity. Most are even more academically challenging than Catholic schools. Public schools will also cater to each student's individuality.

St Anselm Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2011
I graduated St. Anselm completely not ready for high school. As I grew as a student from grade to grade I began to resent the teachers more and more. They are impatient, uncaring, and rude. They are never available for extra help and most of them just give textbook assignments and never actually teach the material. I never learned how to right a proper essay not received a proper background in a language. Don't even get me started on the language program.... The teacher is completely unequipped to teach language and I didn't learn a thing in all of my years at the school. Although I maintained a high average in got accepted into a great high school, I feel I spent more time getting yelled at for things such as the wrong socks, than actually enjoying myself at school and connecting with any of the teachers.

St Anselm Elementary School
365 83rd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11209
Last modified St Anselm Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Anselm Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top