No rating

St. Therese of Lisieux School

Private | PK-8 | 360 students

Living in Brooklyn

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $350,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,220.

Posted January 23, 2014

This is an excellent school. The teachers care. The educational structure is good and they are always well organized. The tuition is a bit pricey but it is worth every penny. This school is also known as St. Catherine of Genoa- St Therese of Lisieux.

Posted May 5, 2013

My entire family went and still goes here. This school is an excellent place to learn and build your educational and spiritual foundation. I highly recommend.

Posted April 14, 2010

I truly feel that the teachers have the ability to do Much Much better ( Regarding how they repond to childen issue) than they are currently doing. The teachers are too complacent . The teachers have lost their code of Conduct Booklet. Some teachers respond to children behavior as if they themselves are seven and eight years old. ,I strongly recommend the teachers take a class on being professional and check their attitude at the front door .

Posted November 7, 2009

I think this school is great . It has quiet rooms during lessons. The teachers are great and know everyone by name. Again it is a great school I love it
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 25, 2008

It is the best school in flatbush from a teacher who has been there 10 years

Posted September 21, 2008

St. Therese of Lisieux has gotten better. They have improved their scores both in Math and in Reading! I'm glad my children are doing well. I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 8, 2007

I would reccoment this school to anyone I am a graduate of 2006 and i loved it very much.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 31, 2007

I think the school as well as the teachers are very good. They help find methods to improve childrens' ability to learn.

Posted September 13, 2007

I have mixed views about St. Therese of Lisieux. The staff does seem to be nice and the principlas can recognize your child and know who the parent is. It is like a small family, but I don't think that being nice to a student is enough. There is alot of favortism . We felt it was best to remove our child from this school becase we believe that our child could recieve a better education else where. Why pay for an average education when you can get a better one for less or for free. Many changes have to be made.

Posted August 27, 2007

Honestly speaking St.Therese Of Lisieux was the worse school I ever sent my child to...There is nothing but favoritism there...I am so glad that my child is out of there...there are no extracurricular activities...they need new teachers and principals...I would never tell a parent about this school...

Posted April 15, 2007

My child attended st. therese from 1998-2005. the school is ok for the lower grades. all of their excellent teachers have left, the only good teacher is the social studies teacher and sister lynn.there are no science labs. I am happy that my child no longer attends st. therese. my child has improved in math and all other subjects. AND the school my child attends costs less than st. therese. I don't recommend this school to any parent.

Posted July 5, 2006

The tuition went up and the education went down.

Posted June 19, 2006

St. Therese Of Lisieux was a good school until a few years ago. Currently, there is no good math or language arts teacher. One class even has over thirty-five students. The students are way behind and rarely get homework.

Posted June 15, 2006

Great Academic Programs. Computer Programs Art Enrichemnt. The faculty and staff genuinely cares for the students. Principal Knows each student by name.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 12, 2005

Very impressed with the school's appearance and apparent interest displayed by teachers and the principal. It appears to have high standards of academic achievement and many activities and programs available to students.

Posted September 9, 2004

I sent 2 children to this school after removing them from another catholic school which principal I considered to be incompetent. Although tuition here is higher, I never made a better decision in my life. The Principals are involved in every aspect of the education process and the teachers are outstanding. I only have one regret: that all my children (I have 3) didn't attend this school since the first grade. If you visit St. Therese of Lisieux School, you'll be amazed by its quiet atmosphere while classes are in session.

Posted September 9, 2004

I took my son out of public school and enrolled him at St. Therese 3 years ago, even though the fees are high here I have absolutely had no regrets. The Math and English Project T.I.E. Program is phenomenal! My son who is 8 years old is in the 4th Grade now, and he loves to read and enjoys going to school. The most astounding thing after walking through the noisy halls of my son's public school was the quite, studious and respectful atmosphere at St. Therese. Where else does your child's teacher hug you when they see you? But most of all when I see how much more happier and relaxed my child is at St. Therese I would pay anything to keep him there.

Posted August 26, 2003

StTherese is great school my daughter has done really well in this school I like the reading and math program that they offer for the students I believe due to these programs it has enhance my daughter's ability to read better and do well in math. The after school program is excellent they make sure they help your child complete their homework and that they understand what they have done. I recommend to any parent to bring their child to this school.

Asian 0% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Paulette Pollina
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4410 Ave D