PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 13, 2014
St. Saviour is an outstanding institution. My son has been attending for three years, and has found there a wonderful ambiance, full of learning opportunities and attention. The teachers are great, dedicated professionals who take the time to know every student and to address their needs. Everyone, from the Principal, Ms. Lorenzen, to the administrative staff, cares. I do not know what problem the person writing a review on June 2014 has, but the picture that she paints of Saint Saviour does not correspond to reality. No one is "thrown" before 8:15am. The students, from the youngest to the oldest, as well as the parents, are always treated with respect. My family is thankful to have the opportunity to be a part of Saint Saviour. We look forward to my daughter to start attending.

Posted August 09, 2014
Hard to believe the feedback provided by a parent on June 4, 2014. Children are allowed in the school at 8. Early bird programs are available in other schools for a fee. It's not free!! You have the option to pay each quarter for a year or pay a one time drop-off fee. This school is wonderful. Our son has been attending the early bird program and the after school program since he was in Nursery. The teachers are very attentive, small children learn to play and study together as a group. Our son's social skills, communication skills, vocabulary, cognitive and motor skills have developed drastically during his school year in Nursery. Parents are very involved and so is the principal, who I have seen few times in the classroom. Our son is looking forward to going back to school in September!

Saint Saviour Catholic Academy 1

Posted June 04, 2014
This school is horrible. Staff trhows kids out in frigid temperature if they enter the building before 8:15 am. They charge an extra $ 1000 more just to drop my daughter 30 minutes before school starts. I took my daughter out of this school at the end of the school year because I could not stand the teachers incompetencies. The students are very weak becaus emany teacher are collecting just a pay check and they do not care about my daughter's grade. FOR every homewok, the teacher just gave my daughter a check and I asked the teacher for her comments she was very upset and stating my daughter copied her HW somewhere. The students have poor social cognition skills. They are not able to work cooperatively in group. they are also very weak academically. I will never recommend this school to any one and I will not hire these teachers to teach not even my dog. Parent who fail to notice what I see are not really involved in their kids' education. The principle had to reimburse me my money and I AM grateful that she did that for me.

Posted May 12, 2014
Our daughter is in nursery school at St. Saviour and we really love it. It is a wonderful, small community and the teachers and staff all know and care about our child. Very friendly and welcoming, with small class sizes (9 children in her nursery class with two teachers). The principal is excellent and the parents are involved. The open house tours give a real sense of the school - interested parents should check it out!

Posted December 26, 2013
Amazing on all levels! Small class size (less than 20 students per class, even smaller for Nursery classes) Excellent and caring teachers who provide great and constructive feedback on your child progress, strengths and weaknesses, and what they are going to do to help your child succeed. They also have a great early bird program, which allows parents to drop off their child(ren) at 7:30AM and an after school program with extracurricular activities until 6PM.

Posted October 20, 2013
This is an Mazing school. Our son is in the Nursery program. The children learn a lot in the class and outside as well. For example, the teachers take them for a walk and go over numbers by reading the house number. Our son can now read some letters as well.

Posted September 12, 2013
Saint Saviour has been nothing short of a godsend for us. We transferred our older child in mid year due to a bullying issue in another previous school. We feared for our child's safety after being met by a non-responsive administrator. The principal is responsive and sensitive. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and courteous with a compassionate delivery. The small class sizes ensure children will get what they need in the classroom experience and the principal strives for continued improvement. Along with good academics and humanistic approach, this school continues to exceed every expectation I have had or hoped for in a school.

Posted May 12, 2013
I really enjoy going to St. Saviour. The students and teachers are very encouraging. I am proud to say that I will graduate in 2 to 3 years. The leadership in this school, including electives meets beyond standard. Thank you for making my childhood a thrill.

Saint Saviour Catholic Academy 3

Posted April 27, 2013
if you want a school with alot of clubs then this isnt the school for you if you would want to come to this school you would need to bring your own lunch becuase theres no cafeteria for then you eat at your desk although that the staff and teachers are helpful

Posted March 19, 2013
I love this school!!! Looking for PreK for my son in was not an easy process. I visited and toured several schools. In the end, I choose to send my son to St. Savior because I was inspired by all the artwork when I toured, I liked the schools values and because I felt that the value for the money was unparalleled. I have to say it has been an amazing experience so far. The parents are really involved, the afterschool staff is very sweet and he has a great teacher - Ms. Loux-Paul! He comes home with wonderful arts and crafts and with stories about what they learned or explored. In just six months, I feel that he has progressed significantly in all areas and subjects. I truly feel delighted to have found this school and I look forward to enrolling him again next year.

Saint Saviour Catholic Academy
701 8th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11215
Last modified Saint Saviour Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8