PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My child just graduated. I appreciate the school and its Principal. In middle school, my child got so much; I need to shout out to Mrs. McGivney, Mrs. Shapiro, and Mrs. Keenan for her patience through the high school application process. Also, Mrs. Gammone who makes Social Studies fun with culture lunches that teach children so much. I have dealt with 4 different Principals, at private and public schools, but Mrs. D'Emic is the only one so far that wants you to speak to her about issues and doesn't hold a grudge against you. Parents travel from Canarsie and Staten Island so their children can attend here. There are no perfect schools, but St. Pat's did a very good job for my child. Thank you!

We have been here for 5 years. Would recommend it in terms of curriculum, teachers, and attention to students

Thank you for sharing your experience. Parents when there is a problem we can complain with the Brooklyn Dioceses Superintendent of Education and/or call 311 to report the problem. Its important to not get intimidated by those principal that care only about protecting the reputation of the school and the teachers and are not concerned with the wellbeing of the students. The students come first!!

Thank God there are more parents rating school below average and it's not only me.... My son was bullied in the school by his teacher this week and the principal did not even listened when I tried to explain,forbade me to take my son to school from now on. She threatened me ( very loudly!) she would call 911 if I would even try to explain. She has no idea what really happened and just covered one of the worst teacher's back, who will destroy many children's education and probably phycological well being. I paid money to get the best education and safety from bullying,and in the and we got none of them...... ( his first two teachers were great- two stars go to them) By the way, my son says that this teacher screams at children a lot... is it normal?

This school is sub par. My daughter went here for 5 years and we grew more and more dissatisfied as the years went by. We put her in PS/IS 104 and were disgusted by how far behind she was academically. I used to be such a champion of Catholic Schools, but not any more. There is rampant bullying, and the principal allows certain parents parents to control what goes on in the school. The biggest ring leader's daughter is the biggest culprit as far as bullying, but nobody ever does anything about her. There are many teachers there who should not be there. There are a few who are ok, but many who should not be there anymore. I would stay as far away as you can. We wasted over $22,000 at this school. Don't make the same mistake I did. Go with public school. The ones in our neighborhood are excellent. What do we pay taxes for?

St. Patrick s school has been a positive experience for my daughter who attends Pre-K. She has learned all her letters, numbers and can even begin to read. She comes home happy, singing the songs she learned in music class, reciting all the lessons she learned that day and even recites everything her teachers say and do throughout the day! So much so that we are looking forward to another year there. The principal and staff are warm and welcoming, if a bit distracted. My only complaint is that her class seems over-crowded for a private school. I am hoping the future grades will be academically enriching and the class size smaller.

Sending my son to this school is the best decision I have ever made. I took him out of public school in the middle of Fourth Grade and he just graduated last year. The principal is great and always has time to listen. The teachers were fantastic- caring, fair and always willing to help my son in any way. He is now in a private high school and doing fantastically. I owe it all to the wonderful people at St.Patrick's.. I can't say enough!! I wish I could go there!! Send your child there too!!!!!!!!

St. Patrick's is a wonderful school. My husband and I both attended the school, my three children all attended and now some of my grandchildren. The principal and staff are warm and understanding, the school building is beauiful and well kepted. My children all did very well in live and I thank St. Patrick's School for giving them a good start.

St. Pats is a very good. Ive been here for like 8 years. And its a very good school the teachers r great. Except for one. The principal is ok. And i get good grades from the help of my teachers. We also have mentoring programs at my school. Which is a good thing for kids who need more help. There is a lot of fundraisers. And i never actually do them. And i do recommend this for anyone.

I'm a St. Patricks Alum and my two sons now go to St. Pats. It's a great school. The teachers get the job done. I'm not a huge fan of certain teachers but my children are thriving. We transferred from a great public school on Staten Island where a teacher wanted to leave my older son back. I'm glad that we've made the switch. I see a huge improvement in him academically and otherwise.

Last modified St Patrick School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8