St Mark School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
I am the step-father of an 11 yr. old girl who just finished 6th grade. This is her first year in this school, having come from the local k-5 public school. My "first" two children attended public as well as private schools so I have experience to make a comparison. I cannot applaud this school enough; from the principal to the janitor, each and every person I ever came into contact with was as interested and caring as a school staff could be. Every parental anxiety was met with concern and followed up by action. This is a "private school" education at 1/4 of the tuition. Although the school asks for contributions for extracurricular expenses, I got the impression that no one was ever pressured for money that posed any hardship to the family. The principal knows every child in the school which is no easy task. The teachers are very sincere and most had spent years at the school. If anything, I thought the parent population (at least in middle school) were not as involved as I thought they should have been but this was not because of the attitude of the staff which tried to engage the parents all year long. Families here are getting a real parochial, educational value.

Posted May 09, 2014
You must be going to a different school. You can't believe that! See for yourself.....My children and I couldn't be happier! The are learning, succeeding and sage. What more could you ask for. ? Mom of three at saint mark school......

Posted March 06, 2014
I absolutely loved this school when my son started three years ago. This school is a total rip off, I agree that it is all about money, the staff has stated the school is focused on the business aspect ($$$$) not the Catholic. If you donate money and spend time volunteering they will bend over backwards to make you happy, even have your kid skip grade. Once we stopped doing, our kid was treated differently. It is all about the money.

St Mark School 2

Posted January 08, 2014
They are liers. They told me my chid was doing OK and signed him up for a programm for special kids behind my back. All his tests were over 70 % and he got bad report card. They say because he missed some tests. I needed to bring a note why he missed school. Nobody mentioned it before.

Posted October 17, 2013
I totally disagree...the school is great. It is a real family atmosphere. The principal is approachable and goes out of her way to take care of all issues. The teachers have high expectations and want the best for their students. Take it from me...it is a great place.

St Mark School 3

Posted August 17, 2013
The turnover rate for teachers at St Mark is not a good one, which speaks volumes. Most teachers that love teaching at a particular school, tend to remain at that school for many years - not the case at St Mark. New teachers are brought in every year and teachers who have been there a while are always being shuffled around to other grades. Bottom line...there's no sense of stability at St Mark. As far as students go, there appears to be an influx of problem students being brought in from public school every year. I say this with the utmost sincerity...St Mark is not equipped to deal with problem students and this is beginning to become a huge problem. I believe this is the number one reason for the high turnover rate. Rules at St Mark are more suggestions than anything else. Let's take hair-cuts for boys which is a pretty straight forward rule. There are several students at St Mark that do not abide by the grooming standards put forth by the school. There are boys at St Mark that have full grown 1970's style afros. We're talking 9 to10 inch afros. There are boys with ponytails. Isn't this supposed to be a catholic school?

Posted June 14, 2013
Went to this school since nursery to 5th grade. Currently 11th in A specialized Hs.Teachers are very bias and the school asks for money daily for the most useless things. I loved it here when I was little but honestly I had the worst teachers and got bullied. Ms. Baran just complains about other teachers. Ms imperato reads from the textbooks whereas no one listens. If you ask her a question, she yells at you. Ms Jacobson (?)(my first grade teacher, blonde lady) disliked Asians. She would pick on my friends daily for no reason. They were the smartest in the class.

Posted May 23, 2013
Parents, be aware teachers are mean and always scream at children. The classes are overcrowded. In prek there is one teacher and 21 students, assistant stays only for 2 houres.

St Mark School 4

Posted March 24, 2013
Love this school, it is very inconvenient for me to get here, we live half an hour away but I take the drive because it is so worth it. Love the family oriented feel, Principal and faculty knows my kid by name.

Posted September 25, 2012
Two of my sons went there and we found the school to be great. All the students know everyone in the school and it is very safe. Bullying is not tolerated. They also have a great basketball program with games on the weekends and a great Challenger (Special Ed) basketball program also. As of Sep. 2012 enrollment is 280 students. My family and boys would highly recommend it!

St Mark School