K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

St Mark School 2

Posted March 04, 2016
There are some shady dealings going on at St Mark. Case-in-point...kids who have already passed the eight grade in public school are voluntarily repeating the eight grade in catholic school - why are they volunteering to repeat the eight grade you ask? Basketball. When they start Catholic High School, they'll be a year older and taller than most of the other incoming freshman trying out for the basketball team thereby increasing their chances of making the team. St Mark allows this to happen for no other reason than money. It wouldn't be so bad if these kids behaved but the vast majority of them misbehave and are disruptive in class. They'll wear non uniform items over their uniforms. Some show up wearing sneakers. Others show up late every single day. They simply don't care! They're just biding their time waiting to start high school knowing that they've already passed all the requirements to move on to the next grade.

St Mark School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted March 04, 2016
With regard to fairness in this school: students who are consistently absent and fail tests are passed on to the next grade leaving students who follow all the rules and pass all tests scratching their heads as to why.

St Mark School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
I am the step-father of an 11 yr. old girl who just finished 6th grade. This is her first year in this school, having come from the local k-5 public school. My "first" two children attended public as well as private schools so I have experience to make a comparison. I cannot applaud this school enough; from the principal to the janitor, each and every person I ever came into contact with was as interested and caring as a school staff could be. Every parental anxiety was met with concern and followed up by action. This is a "private school" education at 1/4 of the tuition. Although the school asks for contributions for extracurricular expenses, I got the impression that no one was ever pressured for money that posed any hardship to the family. The principal knows every child in the school which is no easy task. The teachers are very sincere and most had spent years at the school. If anything, I thought the parent population (at least in middle school) were not as involved as I thought they should have been but this was not because of the attitude of the staff which tried to engage the parents all year long. Families here are getting a real parochial, educational value.

St Mark School 5

Posted May 09, 2014
You must be going to a different school. You can't believe that! See for yourself.....My children and I couldn't be happier! The are learning, succeeding and sage. What more could you ask for. ? Mom of three at saint mark school......

Posted March 06, 2014
I absolutely loved this school when my son started three years ago. This school is a total rip off, I agree that it is all about money, the staff has stated the school is focused on the business aspect ($$$$) not the Catholic. If you donate money and spend time volunteering they will bend over backwards to make you happy, even have your kid skip grade. Once we stopped doing, our kid was treated differently. It is all about the money.

St Mark School 2

Posted January 08, 2014
They are liers. They told me my chid was doing OK and signed him up for a programm for special kids behind my back. All his tests were over 70 % and he got bad report card. They say because he missed some tests. I needed to bring a note why he missed school. Nobody mentioned it before.

St Mark School 5

Posted October 17, 2013
I totally disagree...the school is great. It is a real family atmosphere. The principal is approachable and goes out of her way to take care of all issues. The teachers have high expectations and want the best for their students. Take it from me...it is a great place.

Posted June 14, 2013
Went to this school since nursery to 5th grade. Currently 11th in A specialized Hs.Teachers are very bias and the school asks for money daily for the most useless things. I loved it here when I was little but honestly I had the worst teachers and got bullied. Ms. Baran just complains about other teachers. Ms imperato reads from the textbooks whereas no one listens. If you ask her a question, she yells at you. Ms Jacobson (?)(my first grade teacher, blonde lady) disliked Asians. She would pick on my friends daily for no reason. They were the smartest in the class.

Posted May 23, 2013
Parents, be aware teachers are mean and always scream at children. The classes are overcrowded. In prek there is one teacher and 21 students, assistant stays only for 2 houres.

St Mark School 4

Posted March 24, 2013
Love this school, it is very inconvenient for me to get here, we live half an hour away but I take the drive because it is so worth it. Love the family oriented feel, Principal and faculty knows my kid by name.

St Mark School