Brooklyn, NY

Queen Of All Saints 1

Posted July 17, 2013
My daughter attended kindergarten for the 2011-12 school year. Although the teacher did the best she could possibly do given the way the school functions, it wasn't good enough as my daughter whom was once a straight A student at QAS was struggling terribly at her new school. Another one of her classmates that was also in her class from QAS was struggling as well and got pulled out after only 2 months. I met with my daughter's teacher immediately after the first cycle and decided to put her in some extra help classes but she still struggled throughout the year. I found out that she was one year behind in reading/writing and the fundamental core items were not covered in QAS. I was also advised by her current school principal that it was NOT only my daughter but 100% of the children that came over from QAS seaking various extra help programs as well as getting left back. The principal reported QAS to the NYC Department of Education as something must be changed quickly in order to get these innocent children back on track. The revelation has been quite a shock to me but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't share what I now know. - Submitted by a concerned parent

Queen Of All Saints 3

Posted March 31, 2009
The school is ok but i think they need more things for the younger children like dance or something. what about sports or, computer, dance,and music clubs. Also there needs to be some type of tutoring offered at the school and its not. I'm paying for what most public school I'm finding out offer tutoring on the saturdays and weekdays and extra activities. What to do but then u look at the school test scores from the state and decide to stay and just find those other things on your on.

Posted September 01, 2008
I have bounced my daughter around from school to school for various reasons since she was in Pre-K. I told Ms. Attainese I had hoped this would be the last school I have to switch to. Months later, she asked me how I felt about the school and I can honestly say, we have found out niche. Ms. Attainese and the staff are approachable and my daughter can't wait for school to start again.

Queen Of All Saints 5

Posted November 30, 2007
I switched my son to this school when he was 6 years old and was struggling in another school;since then my child has improved 100% .I love this school. The principal there is more than dedicated.

Posted October 17, 2007
I have no problem with the academic program at this school. There is also no P.T.A. or parent involvement, but I feel that if there was a problem at this school then I am quite sure that someone (including myself) will take it upon themselves to try to start one, after all you are paying for your child to attend. They do have plays that the children do perfom for parents and on report card night, they school is full of parents to dicuss the work of there child.

Queen Of All Saints 2

Posted October 26, 2005
parent involvement - there has been no parent involvement or pta since 1999. the books in the library are very outdated. the classrooms do not promote an environment for learning. it looks more like an institution instead of a learning environment. The principal has a tendancy to yell at children. There are no music, art or sport or other extracurricular activities. Academic wise, you are better off sending your child to a public school. When your child graduates (as mine did), they are so far behind in math, science, and foriegn language. The seventh and eighth grade does not prepare students for high school curriculum. This school is a total waste of money, and i am suprised it hasn't shut down yet.

Queen Of All Saints 3

Posted June 01, 2005

Posted February 09, 2005
- a former student

Posted October 12, 2004
I feel that QAS is a very caring and nurturing environment. My children have attended from k-8th grade and have made a smooth transition to high school. None of the children failed any of the required NYS exams to my knowledge. I am quite content with the school

Queen Of All Saints 5