No rating

Leif Ericson Day School

Private | PK-8 | 166 students

Living in Brooklyn

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $655,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,390.

Posted July 17, 2006

My daughter this year (2005-2006) attended Kindergarden at LEDS. It was the best thing I ever did. The teachers are loving, caring and wonderful. I had my daughter in a public school pre-K program ans what I had to do to get her to go. This year I had know problem at all. She loves the teachers and the school. What a great environment the school has very family oriented. I would reccomend this school to anyone who wants a great education for the child.

Posted June 28, 2006

my son attends the summer program part time. It is a great school with warm caring facility. The only compliant I have is the it is way too hot for little children. My 4 yr old son attends for 3 hours and he comes out all sweaty and cranky from the heat. I have complained but I do not think there is much they can do about it. It is so bad that I am considering dropping him out.

Posted February 17, 2006

My son is in pre-k this year (2005 - 2006). I was a little worried because he is the type to want to stay home for the rest of his life. By the second day of school, he loved it. The teacher and helpers are wonderful, caring and patient women and the evironment of the school is very family oriented. This school is a true gem!

Posted November 21, 2005

My son is in Pre-K at this school. The curriculum in the classroom is amazing. They also have a wonderful music program. Parents are very involved at this school, and children learn the value of helping others in need. Also, 2 students were picked this year to test for Hunter in Manhattan. Way to go!

Posted May 11, 2005

I have 2 children who attend LEDS and it is, in my opinion, the best private school in Brooklyn. Although it is affiliated with the Lutheran chruch, there are children of all religions (Catholic included)who attend. It is state mandated and children attend some of the top high schools after graduating. It is a loving supportive environment that nurtures the children from nursery all the way to 8th grade. The music program is the best I've seen. Kids learn a variety of instruments and have a chance to participate in various programs throughout the year. The classes are small and children of higher grades 'buddy' with children of lower grades which benefits everyone. A fun thing the school does twice a year after the time change is Pajama Day, where the kids and teachers wear their PJ's to school! I reccomend this school to anyone who wants a quality education for their child!

Posted February 4, 2005

Both my daughters presently attend Leif Ericson and as a teacher myself I could not be happier with the quality of education they are receiving. They are extremey happy and WELL ROUNDED little girls. Leif Ericson accepts each child for who they are and does not 'teach for a test'.

Posted February 1, 2005

Programs for pre-k includes one hour of music a week, and one hour of activities on computer. I found teachers caring, and qualified. Schools place somewhat heavy emphasis on bible stories.

Asian 8% N/A
Two or more races 8% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

• Christine Hauge
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Evangelical lutheran church in america
Associations
  • ELEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1037 72nd Street