Brooklyn, NY

Posted April 15, 2015
This school is safe and wonderful! I also have no idea where the negative reviews came from. My son is happy never bullied and is learning a lot. I would not pay for a school that was not meeting my expectations! This school is the best one my son has attended. Excellent! Keep up the good work!!

Leif Ericson Day School 2

Posted March 27, 2015
The start off I'm a middle school student currently enrolled in this school and looking back This school SUCKS. The principal Ms.Hauge is Mean and sometimes extremely demanding. Most staff gossip most of the time and when we ask for help yea they do help but do not really explain ENOUGH especially in math the only thing I could say good is of the science and 8th grade teacher Ms McCarthy because at least she tries harder to help us, Mr.Russo because he is the guy preparing us high school and showing us what to expect, and finally, Mr.Warfield the computer teacher because he engages us to learn while having fun with computers so my suggestion is to send your child here from pre-k to 2nd because 3rd to 8th is horrible

Leif Ericson Day School 1

Posted March 18, 2015
As far as the positive, glowing reviews are concerned, I am convinced these were written by staff members who are trying to inflate positive ratings for their school. Do your research thoroughly before you even consider registering your kids in this school.

Posted March 02, 2015
My son is a fifth grader at this school and it is wonderful. My child gets individual academic attention and the school commends the students with positive awards for personal achievements. The best thing about the school is, there is no bullying. I drop my son off everyday and feel he is safe and happy. I have not had a worry or an issue in two years. All schools should be like this. The staff is very friendly and the principle runs a tight ship. I would highly recommend this school to any parent that wants their child to be safe and obtain an excellent education!

Posted October 10, 2013
LEDS is a wonderful school. My sons started the school last year and we couldn't be happier with our decision. The teachers are amazing, the parents are warm and friendly, and the school's culture of promoting peace is evident as soon as you walk through its doors. Ms. Hague (and her entire staff for that matter) is remarkable and beloved by the children. How many schools do you know of where the students clamor to give the principal a hug goodbye at the end of the day? My children are thriving both academically and socially, and they have developed a greater awareness about wanting to help others in need. I feel blessed that they are a part of such a nurturing environment.

Posted October 09, 2013
My child has attended this school for years now. I love this school. I appreciate the family environment. The teachers and principle love the kids. Academically, my child is thriving. I strongly recommend this school on all levels. Best of all my child loves going to school.

Posted October 02, 2013
I am strongly considering putting my child into Leif Ericson. I have several friends who have their children in this school and I hear nothing but amazing things about the school, principal, teachers, and staff!! The children who attend this school are all well-mannered and when I asked some of the kids how they like their school they said they love going to school. Definitely at the top of my list of schools!!!

Posted September 27, 2013
I have two kids who have attended Leif Ericson Day School for the last three years. I have never felt as safe as I do sending my children to this wonderful school. The staff adores every student for their individual gifts. The principal has made sure that this school is a peaceful environment where parents and students can be heard. Besides all the wonderful experiences my kids have had and will continue to have they have also achieved academic success. They have a love of learning that will continue to flourish in Leif Ericson.

Leif Ericson Day School 1

Posted September 20, 2013
This is the worst private school in Brooklyn. The school is run by the worst principal. I am a teacher myself and was completely appalled by what I witnessed at this school. There are so many options. Do your research but trust me, this is one facility you do not want to consider.

Leif Ericson Day School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
We had more than 2 children in this school and my feelings are very mixed. The lower grades are great, nurturing, educational and fun for the kids. Once your child hits the third grade, BEWARE!! Your child will be copying from the board, constantly memorizing from textbook, etc... NOT a progressive school at all. Peace and kindness is encouraged but not by example! The principal of the school won't think twice about pointing out your child in a full chapel of peers and adults creating a sense of shame on your child. Bullying is also discouraged but it happens here often directly from the principal, I would say most, if not all children fear this person. Not a very peaceful way if you ask me.

Leif Ericson Day School
1037 72nd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11228
Last modified Leif Ericson Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Leif Ericson Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top