Brooklyn, NY

Leif Ericson Day School 1

Posted July 30, 2015
The principle is a big time bully. Just for the record my wife and I do not allow our child to run wild or bully other children. Administration and teachers are way below standards. Facilities are cramped and most things are outdated.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 25, 2015
My son is going to the 6th grade and this school is wonderful. The saying, "You can't please everyone" applies here. If parents are saying their child was bullied please believe that these are the parents that let their children bully other's and run wild. It is the principals job to make sure all students are safe and happy not just one child's parent. That's the issue with public schools if a parent complains they must be right. My child has never said anyone has bullied them especially not the principal. He has said that if you are a doing something wrong the principal will redirect you. This school promotes your child to be independent like they should be. Before my son went to this school I would always have to remind him to remember his homework, books,lunch etc. This school has taught him that he should be responsible and I love it! The majority of these positive comments are accurate. Your child will be safe, never bullied no fights, will be happy and learn a lot! Peace and learning is what's going on at this school!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 25, 2015
My son has homework everyday except Friday which is a healthy balance in my opinion.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 25, 2015
My son has homework daily, he is encouraged to join clubs and participate in school trips and events.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 25, 2015
My son respects his classmates in regards to everything even something as simple as a food allergy.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 25, 2015
My son has been promoting peace since he has been at this school. It embraces differences and diversity, which helps students be more empathetic toward their peers.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 25, 2015
This school has been honest with me in every aspect of my sons education. If there is an issue it is addressed by all parties.

Leif Ericson Day School 5

Posted July 25, 2015
My son is safe and the happiest he has been at this school. He is learning a lot. Common Core testing reflects the school is doing a great job. My son scored above average.My son is going to the 6th grade and this school is wonderful. The saying, "You can't please everyone applies here" If parents are saying their child was bullied please believe that these are the parents that let their children bully other's and run wild. It is the principals job to make sure all students are safe and happy not just one child's parent. That's the issue with public school if a parent complains they must be right. My child has never said anyone has bullied them especially not the principal. He has said that if you are a doing something wrong the principal will redirect you. This school promotes your child to be independent like they will need to be as an adult. Before my son went to this school I would always have to remind to remember his homework, lunch etc. This school has taught him that he is responsible and I love it! The majority of these positive comments are accurate. Your child will be safe, never bullied no fights, will be happy and learn a lot!

Leif Ericson Day School 1

Posted July 07, 2015
The principle at this school bullied one of my children right in front of me and some of her staff members. I couldn't get my children away from her and this school fast enough. Very ironic that there are so many positive reviews here and on other sites on the internet about how there is no bullying at this school when in fact it is the principle who is the bully. I put my children here on the recommendation of a friend and didn't think to read any reviews about it beforehand. Now that I'm reading various reviews on the internet I see that there are several which corroborate the experience that we had with this principle and school. I feel horrible that I left my children in the care of these people, even if it was only for a short period of time. There is no excuse for her behavior and there is no excuse for the other adults who work there and allow this to go on.

Leif Ericson Day School 5

Posted April 15, 2015
This school is safe and wonderful! I also have no idea where the negative reviews came from. My son is happy never bullied and is learning a lot. I would not pay for a school that was not meeting my expectations! This school is the best one my son has attended. Excellent! Keep up the good work!!

1037 72nd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11228
Last modified Leif Ericson Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Leif Ericson Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top