Posted October 10, 2013
LEDS is a wonderful school. My sons started the school last year and we couldn't be happier with our decision. The teachers are amazing, the parents are warm and friendly, and the school's culture of promoting peace is evident as soon as you walk through its doors. Ms. Hague (and her entire staff for that matter) is remarkable and beloved by the children. How many schools do you know of where the students clamor to give the principal a hug goodbye at the end of the day? My children are thriving both academically and socially, and they have developed a greater awareness about wanting to help others in need. I feel blessed that they are a part of such a nurturing environment.

Posted October 09, 2013
My child has attended this school for years now. I love this school. I appreciate the family environment. The teachers and principle love the kids. Academically, my child is thriving. I strongly recommend this school on all levels. Best of all my child loves going to school.

Posted October 02, 2013
I am strongly considering putting my child into Leif Ericson. I have several friends who have their children in this school and I hear nothing but amazing things about the school, principal, teachers, and staff!! The children who attend this school are all well-mannered and when I asked some of the kids how they like their school they said they love going to school. Definitely at the top of my list of schools!!!

Posted September 27, 2013
I have two kids who have attended Leif Ericson Day School for the last three years. I have never felt as safe as I do sending my children to this wonderful school. The staff adores every student for their individual gifts. The principal has made sure that this school is a peaceful environment where parents and students can be heard. Besides all the wonderful experiences my kids have had and will continue to have they have also achieved academic success. They have a love of learning that will continue to flourish in Leif Ericson.

Leif Ericson Day School 1

Posted September 20, 2013
Lief Ericson Day School was by far the worse educational experience for our daughter. Our child was bullied by the same student from her first day of school until the day we decided to take her out and place in a more nurturing, academically stimulating environment. Now that we have our child enrolled in a far better school, we hear a lot of negative things about LEDS from the local community, things we wish we had known before allowing our child to be subjected to the horrible abuse at that school, abuse that the principal refused to do anything about. Do your research before thinking about enrolling your child at LEDS. I sure wish we had. If you're looking for a living, nurturing environment, with small classroom sizes, I suggest researching Lutheran Elementary School of Bay Ridge. The school saved my child.

Leif Ericson Day School 1

Posted September 20, 2013
This is the worst private school in Brooklyn. The school is run by the worst principal. I am a teacher myself and was completely appalled by what I witnessed at this school. There are so many options. Do your research but trust me, this is one facility you do not want to consider.

Leif Ericson Day School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
We had more than 2 children in this school and my feelings are very mixed. The lower grades are great, nurturing, educational and fun for the kids. Once your child hits the third grade, BEWARE!! Your child will be copying from the board, constantly memorizing from textbook, etc... NOT a progressive school at all. Peace and kindness is encouraged but not by example! The principal of the school won't think twice about pointing out your child in a full chapel of peers and adults creating a sense of shame on your child. Bullying is also discouraged but it happens here often directly from the principal, I would say most, if not all children fear this person. Not a very peaceful way if you ask me.

Posted October 29, 2012
Let me tell you something about myself. I am in one of the best nursing programs in the country and is thriving with a G.P.A. of a 3.4. I went to Bishop Kearney for high school and was a straight A student who always told me I was very mature and respectful around other teachers. Do you want to know where I went to grade school. LEDS! That's right, I went here and look how I turned out I got a great education, made a lot of great memories, and to this day, I still remember Ms. Hauge's math rules about negative and positive integers. I became so successful and I went here from K to the 8th grade. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants there kid to become successful. I AM THE PROOF!!!!

Posted July 10, 2012
I am currently a student in LEDS going into 8th grade so I am graduating this year I have been a student here since pre-school and I Love it! THe teachers are absolutely amazing they really care about the students and they want us to do well. If you are looking for a small school this is the where to go.

Posted April 29, 2012
I am a parent of two. both my children have attended LEDS since nursery. My oldest child will be attending college in the fall & my daughter will be graduating LEDS in june. I could not be happier with the education they have recieved at LEDS, it helped mold them into the fine young adults they are today. They have formed friendships with both students & teachers that they will have for the rest of thiers lives. If you are considering this school you have already set forth in the right direction.

Leif Ericson Day School
1037 72nd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11228
Last modified Leif Ericson Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Leif Ericson Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top