PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Leif Ericson Day School 5

Posted September 22, 2015
I can't speak for others but with any school it can be a good fit for some and not others. You have to do what is best for your child. My personal experience with this school has been really positive. My son KM actually loved it. He attended for two years and we relocated to get out of the city. It seems that was the worst thing I could have done. I put him in a great public school and he cried everyday. He said he missed his friends and he loved the dances they have here. I am hard to please and I loved this school. Had I known he would miss it this much I would have never moved. I have put him in another private school which is just not the same. To each his own. Do what's right for your child. The principal loves all the children from what I saw. My son never complained except about the peanut free environment, kind of limits lunch options especially if you like PB & J. If given an opportunity I would put him back in this school. For a child who is not very fond of school he said it was an 8 out of 10.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 22, 2015
Ms. Lucchesi was wonderful, as well as Mrs. Maddox, Mrs. Casale was very nice. Ms. Campbell always had a smile on her face.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 22, 2015
The teachers are some of the nicest I have met. They made learning fun and safe for all students.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 22, 2015
There was homework everday except Friday. My son would look forward to Friday's after working hard all week.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 22, 2015
My son was always challenged he didn't always like it but he pushed himself and saw what he was capable of.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 22, 2015
The students have respect for each other as well as the staff. They are always cordial and friendly.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 22, 2015
Compassion,caring and empathy starts at home. I have yet to meet another school full of well mannered well behaved kids.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 22, 2015
My son learned character is important not just academics. The school really places value on integrity.

Leif Ericson Day School 1

Posted August 09, 2015
We had a bad experience here as well. We put our children here for the summer camp. It is true the principle is a bully. She behaves odd with the little ones, overly child like and humiliates the older kids. All these positive reviews on the same day and in a row appears to be damage control. The whole experience was very disturbing.

Leif Ericson Day School 1

Posted July 30, 2015
The principle is a big time bully. Just for the record my wife and I do not allow our child to run wild or bully other children. Administration and teachers are way below standards. Facilities are cramped and most things are outdated.

1037 72nd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11228
Last modified Leif Ericson Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8