Brooklyn, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted June 06, 2014
What a great year! If you are looking for a private school - you must check out Adelphi Academy. This year has been amazing! My daughter is in High School and she loves going to school. The school has always been great but this year - the new Head of School really worked hard and outdid herself! There's just enough of a balance among discipline, academics, high standards and fun. The Gala was beautifully planned and I can't wait for the upcoming events!

Posted May 07, 2014
Adelphi Academy is a wonderful school. My friends children go there and they rave about the teachers and the other students being so nice. I've noticed an improvement in my friends children's behavior and mannerisms since starting at Adelphi. There's a reason why they've been around for so long. A+

Posted April 30, 2014
Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn is a wonderful school with a great environment for students, parents, and faculty as well. Adelphi Academy not only distinguishes itself with the personalized attention to its students and the goal of making them well-rounded individuals, but Adelphi also sets itself apart placing great importance on teaching respect and improving morals in order to contribute productive members to society. I Iris currently have a son in the 7th grade and another child who graduated from Adelphi and is currently attending college. I am very thankful that my children were and still are part of Adelphi Academy they have been given foundations to succeed that will go beyond their time in school. They were nurtured and provided the attention that is very difficult to find these days in most institutions of education. Adelphi Academy is truly dedicated to continuing their tradition of excellence in education.

Posted April 09, 2014
Adelphi Academy of Brooklyn is a great school, very friendly environment, very clean, very safe, and the way the kids learn is very good, my daughter is attending there and she is very happy, the way I see her doing her homework and the way she explain to me the strategy the teacher show in the class room I like it very much, she is vey excited about her school, she have improve so much and her test score excellent. This school have a very good, one of my nephew graduated from here and he was the valedictorian and he's now in a great college, we are very proud of him and this is what I want for my daughter and I know it will happen because she is learning so much and the most important thing is that in this school she will accomplish that. The teachers are very good, they help with any thing regarding the students any question we the parents have their e-mail that way we can always be in contact, the school staff is very friendly, is a place that you can come and always feel welcome and they help so much. hope and wish that this school win, the kids will be very happy. Come and visit and you will love this family, because this is what is here FAMILY . A.B.

Posted April 08, 2014
My child started at Adelphi in Kindergarten and is now in the second grade. Overall, Adelphi has been a great experience for her and for us as a family. The most positive aspects include the small class sizes, the open communication between us and the teachers and administration and the excellent level of education to date. Every now and then I take our child's education for granted, but then I notice the level of discipline and the excitement for learning and I think much of this can be attributed to the school and its mission to education the "whole" child. I highly recommend this school and feel that it is a hidden gem within the community.

Posted January 06, 2014
One of the best private schools around today -- wonderful school, wonderful people! The school really takes the time to work with the students and keeps them on track. I have 2 children in the school and have been there for years. My kids love the school and have come such a long way. I recommend the school very highly!

Posted October 08, 2013
I transferred my son to the school this year for the 9th grade and I absolutely love the school. My good friend recommended the school and her 2 children attend there. I receive weekly phone calls, my son is a part of so many clubs, and the level of care and instruction is incredible! I love the Head of School - she is so warm and caring and really is on top of everything. I would recommend this school to everyone!

Posted July 29, 2013
I just recently took a tour of the school and I was so impressed. The building was beautiful and the Admissions Director spent so much time with me. All of my questions were answered and I felt comfortable, welcomed and well informed. I will be enrolling my child for September.

Posted July 23, 2013
Not enough people know about the school and it is a shame. The school is a great school. My son has been attending for the last 4 years and I couldn't ask for more communication, support and concern. The school truly cares about its students and its families. I came across this site and am heartbroken to see any negative comments. I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Adelphi Academy 1

Posted February 17, 2013
I agree that most of the positive comments must have been written by the school administration which is notorious for its deceiving practices. It is not surprising that the school has such a tremendous turnover of both the stuff and the students. For us it was the worst life experience ever and resulted in my first negative review -- I always try to look at the brighter side of things; however, with Adelphi, the only bright side was when my child left the school... He has attended three other schools since then, including one public, and has been a happy and confident 95% grade student in all of them, winning all the math and spelling bee competitions, while at Adelphi their "genius" teachers tried to tell me he had "learning disabilities" (apparently the school gets funding from the city for each student they label so). I thank God that experience is over!

Adelphi Academy