No rating

St John The Evangelist Lutheran School

Private | PK-6 | 1 student

Living in Brooklyn

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $403,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Posted October 3, 2010

I have been a parent to four children who have attended St. John's. My older two children not only graduated but graduated as valedictorian of their classes. My oldest is now attending college upstate due to the values that were instilled in him by the staff at St. John's. We are a small school and as such the children are able to get the one on one hands on attention that they need. St. John's is more than a school, it's a family.

Posted September 30, 2010

This school is outstanding. Very small setting, religious based studies. I love the staff. They're very helpful, understanding patient and work with the children very well. I have three daughters. All of whom attend St. John's school. One graduated two years agon and is now on the honor roll in High School. The other two still attend the school and are doing great. I can firmly say that taking my three girls out of the public school system and enrolling them into St. Johns was the best move for them. I would recomend St. John's School without hesitation!

Posted September 13, 2010

I am a new parent in this school and I already love it! The teachers are engaged and genuinely concerned for their pupils. There is always something being planned. The children are not just taught a great curriculum; but, manners and politeness are a must. This is the kind of school where children are taught to be kind to each other. I am very impressed and feel lucky to have found this school.

Posted April 26, 2004

My son is presently in Kindergarten at this school. I regret enrolling my son in this school because you would think becasue of the few students there would be more attention towards the children. I feel the Kindergarten teacher isnt qualified to prepare these students for the first grade. When my son comes home there is never any homework assigned, and the class work isnt done on a daily basis. The beginning of the semester the teacher was out due to illness, and other times personal emergencies. I feel the school as a whole is disorganized and there is never a principal avaliable during the peak hours in the A.M. I will not have my child return to this school and the only benefit is the low tuition. Many of the books they use are outdated and the entire curriculum needs major makeover.

Asian 0% N/A

• Gail M. Powell
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious