Posted October 08, 2014
I have had four children attend LES. THe oldest a college sophomore and the other a high school senior. LES helped to prepare them for the road ahead and both have been successful, including my daughter with learning disabilities. They gained a wonderful foundation that saw them through the next steps in their education. I'm thrilled that my younger two are students there and both love it immensely. When our family had some tough personal times, the administration and teachers were kind and helpful. I couldn't imagine sending my children to any other school It is worth the financial sacrifice!

Posted October 04, 2014
LES provides a great environment for learning. I have two son's who have attended for the last 3 years (one in kindergarten and one in second grade presently). They enjoy going to school each day and they are challenged and nurtured at the same time in a safe environment. It appears to me that they have a simple back to basics approach that includes teachers who enjoy teaching and want to be there every day, small class size and experienced leadership. I trust them completely with my boy's education and personal development.

Posted June 23, 2014
Unfortunately, we haven't had a good experince with this school, either. My child needed additional help with his studying due to health issues, which the principal was informed prior to admitting my child to this school. The school assured us they had a myriad of support if needed, which wasn't true. They couldn't even tell us of any resources available in the vicinity. As a result, we were forced to take my child from this school. Additionally, my child came home a few times with bruises and the teacher didn't even notice how and when the incidents had happened. The only good thing I can say about this school: there a couple of young, motivated and passionated teachers who tried their best to help us, however they seemed to be afraid of the old cadre running the school. My advice, please check the school's reviews before sending your child there.

Lutheran Elementary School Of Bay Ridge 4

Posted June 03, 2014
LES is a wonderful community that embraces all of its students. I can not relate to the previous post, knowing how happy the students are - coming from a diverse background, including financially. This can be seen in the alumni who come back to visit their teachers and friends. There is discipline and rules are enforced, but there is also an open door policy to meet with the administration if you have concerns. My children wake up each morning excited to got o school and always ask to stay for any after school activities.

Posted June 02, 2014
This is the worst private school. This is a gossip school. From the parents to the teachers. The principle and vice principle are no exceptions. My child went here for 1st and 2nd grade. He would come home and tell me about financial problems other students parents were having. When I asked how he found out he stated that the teachers were talking to the vice principle about them in front of the students. One of his best friends in the class was getting picked on and when he stuck up for him I was told to tell him not to stick up for his friend unless he wanted to be picked on also. If your child has a problem with bullying in the classroom you will not get any help. They will tell the child being bullied to deal with it. The only thing that matters to these people is money. The more money a person has the better their child will be treated. I've never encountered a school where the children and the teachers all make fun of other students together. I would suggest for anyone looking for a school to skip this one. They make you think they have a loving environment when it is anything but loving.

Posted June 02, 2014
We've been with LES for one year only, but we are very happy with it! My child comes home happy and runs to school every day smyling, loves her teachers and friends. They do so many interesting things in school! I personally have not had or heard any thing that would compromise the whole school family.

Posted September 20, 2012
My son couldn't be happier at LES. This is his first year at Lutheran Elementary School and he can't wait to get there in the morning. As a parent I was concerned that he would be in best school that we could find in Bay Ridge and I'm confident even after just a short time that my husband and I made the right choice. I can't think of any school in my memory where the principal and even some of the teachers wait outside the school and welcome the students in the morning. Our plan is to have our son attend LES til he graduates in Eighth Grade. I pick my son up at the end of the school day and meet and talk with some of the other parents. You learn alot about a school that way and I've learned that so many of the parents have more than one child either in the school now or have graduated in the past. For me, that speaks volumes about the quality of a school. We're thrilled with LES and my son just loves it. He even asked me why he couldn't go to school on Saturday too.

Posted February 09, 2012
Provincial neighborhood school. We were told that the teachers were able to teach a child who was learning the english language.This was not the case. We're sorry that we did not take our child out sooner. Our child is now thriving and an honor student.

Posted December 28, 2011
The teachers and administration at Lutheran Elementary School of Bay Ridge (aka LES of Brooklyn) should be ashamed of themselves. So much so, that we pulled our children out in the middle of the year. The language and discipline used towards my child and even myself was unprofessional and hurtful to say the least. The warmth that you initially find is not what's really going on at this school.

Posted September 09, 2011
I am a former student from the 1970s! I am a successful professional and believe that my academic foundation at LES, coupled with a fantastic high school thereafter, well prepared me for college and law school. I always think to myself that I owe so much of my success to LES. I no longer live in the area so could not send my own children to LES, but when looking for an elementary school for them, I knew I wanted to find a school as much like LES as possible and was fortunate to be able to do so. For me, LES is the benchmark of a quality elementary education.

Lutheran Elementary School Of Bay Ridge
440 Ovington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11209
Last modified Lutheran Elementary School Of Bay Ridge is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Lutheran Elementary School Of Bay Ridge Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top