PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter at the age of 1 years old was christened at the church of thus school so I developed a fondness for them very early on. My daughter, 5 yes old, now attends kindergarten there and I must say she is super excited every day to attend and jumping with excitement to with excitement to tell me all about her day and her friends when I pick her up. She had a close net environment in her preschool and I wanted the same family oriented environment for her going forward. I read in one of these reviews which I agree with 1000% ...there aren't many schools that you see the principal and teachers outside greeting the students/parents each and every single morning. My experience with them as been short as my daughter just started days ago but I'm loving what I see thus far.

I have had four children attend LES. THe oldest a college sophomore and the other a high school senior. LES helped to prepare them for the road ahead and both have been successful, including my daughter with learning disabilities. They gained a wonderful foundation that saw them through the next steps in their education. I'm thrilled that my younger two are students there and both love it immensely. When our family had some tough personal times, the administration and teachers were kind and helpful. I couldn't imagine sending my children to any other school It is worth the financial sacrifice!

LES provides a great environment for learning. I have two son's who have attended for the last 3 years (one in kindergarten and one in second grade presently). They enjoy going to school each day and they are challenged and nurtured at the same time in a safe environment. It appears to me that they have a simple back to basics approach that includes teachers who enjoy teaching and want to be there every day, small class size and experienced leadership. I trust them completely with my boy's education and personal development.

Unfortunately, we haven't had a good experince with this school, either. My child needed additional help with his studying due to health issues, which the principal was informed prior to admitting my child to this school. The school assured us they had a myriad of support if needed, which wasn't true. They couldn't even tell us of any resources available in the vicinity. As a result, we were forced to take my child from this school. Additionally, my child came home a few times with bruises and the teacher didn't even notice how and when the incidents had happened. The only good thing I can say about this school: there a couple of young, motivated and passionated teachers who tried their best to help us, however they seemed to be afraid of the old cadre running the school. My advice, please check the school's reviews before sending your child there.

LES is a wonderful community that embraces all of its students. I can not relate to the previous post, knowing how happy the students are - coming from a diverse background, including financially. This can be seen in the alumni who come back to visit their teachers and friends. There is discipline and rules are enforced, but there is also an open door policy to meet with the administration if you have concerns. My children wake up each morning excited to got o school and always ask to stay for any after school activities.

This is the worst private school. This is a gossip school. From the parents to the teachers. The principle and vice principle are no exceptions. My child went here for 1st and 2nd grade. He would come home and tell me about financial problems other students parents were having. When I asked how he found out he stated that the teachers were talking to the vice principle about them in front of the students. One of his best friends in the class was getting picked on and when he stuck up for him I was told to tell him not to stick up for his friend unless he wanted to be picked on also. If your child has a problem with bullying in the classroom you will not get any help. They will tell the child being bullied to deal with it. The only thing that matters to these people is money. The more money a person has the better their child will be treated. I've never encountered a school where the children and the teachers all make fun of other students together. I would suggest for anyone looking for a school to skip this one. They make you think they have a loving environment when it is anything but loving.

We've been with LES for one year only, but we are very happy with it! My child comes home happy and runs to school every day smyling, loves her teachers and friends. They do so many interesting things in school! I personally have not had or heard any thing that would compromise the whole school family.

My son couldn't be happier at LES. This is his first year at Lutheran Elementary School and he can't wait to get there in the morning. As a parent I was concerned that he would be in best school that we could find in Bay Ridge and I'm confident even after just a short time that my husband and I made the right choice. I can't think of any school in my memory where the principal and even some of the teachers wait outside the school and welcome the students in the morning. Our plan is to have our son attend LES til he graduates in Eighth Grade. I pick my son up at the end of the school day and meet and talk with some of the other parents. You learn alot about a school that way and I've learned that so many of the parents have more than one child either in the school now or have graduated in the past. For me, that speaks volumes about the quality of a school. We're thrilled with LES and my son just loves it. He even asked me why he couldn't go to school on Saturday too.

Provincial neighborhood school. We were told that the teachers were able to teach a child who was learning the english language.This was not the case. We're sorry that we did not take our child out sooner. Our child is now thriving and an honor student.

The teachers and administration at Lutheran Elementary School of Bay Ridge (aka LES of Brooklyn) should be ashamed of themselves. So much so, that we pulled our children out in the middle of the year. The language and discipline used towards my child and even myself was unprofessional and hurtful to say the least. The warmth that you initially find is not what's really going on at this school.

Last modified Lutheran Elementary School Of Bay Ridge is a Private school that serves grades PK-8