No rating

Bay Ridge Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 19 students

Living in Brooklyn

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $600,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,310.

Posted June 3, 2014

Two of my boy were to this school, one already out Hamilton College, the other almost finish high school, my daughter still there in 6a grade, nothing to regreat, safe and clean. Maybe no the perfect building yet, but I see in the temple the new project. Good Job!

Posted October 23, 2013

Don't listen to any of the negative comments Bay Ridge Christian Academy is an amazing school! The teacher's are very considerate and understanding and will help with anything that is bugging you. The learning curriculum is very good and up-to-date. The children there are not bad at all, and staff children are treated the same as the rest of the kids. I've gone to Bay Ridge Christian Academy since the 2nd grade and I will stay till 8th.

Posted February 23, 2013

I'am well pleased with this Academy. My "only" child have been in this school, since Pre-K . This school is doing an outstanding job, with the "spiritual" & "academic" growth. This is my 1st rating for this Academy ,because I'am so downcast about "some" of the negative and untruthful comments. Do you actually believed I would put my beloved in a school that will endanger my " only '' child , out of the question!!! . What I have notice, as a parent through out the years is , "some" parents because they pay a tuition , they feel as if they don't have to respect and follow the school policy's . My child is soon to be a senior & I 'am still elated :)

Posted January 13, 2013

This school is doing an incredibly good job with both the teaching and spiritual growth of the children. There are separate teachers for each subject in the middle school. This is a great advantage because the students and parents are working with teachers in their content speciality. The best part is that the school is the students, they were all accommodating to the new child.

Posted January 13, 2013

I am so very pleased wtih this school. I especially like that there are several teachers in the middle school for each grade, teaching in their content area. The science and math teachers are excellent and testing for all subjects is rigorous. In addition the teachers provide extra assistance for weaker students. After school is available for special kids. The students and teachers were wonderful and helped my child to adjust as the new girl in the middle school.

Posted August 15, 2012

My children have been in this school for 4 years, going on 5 with the new year coming up. This past year was very challenging. The math curriculum is not up to par. I would have to reteach my children the lesson when they got home. In regards to other concerns, if you bring it up, they get very defensive. Nothing you say or do will work. They will refuse to discuss the matter with you.

Posted August 10, 2012

This is a wonderful school, but more Extracurricular activities should be implemented, also they need to challenge the children a little more Academically. Other than that the staff is warm and very attentive. The princible is great and really cares. Facilities are clean, I am pleased with the overall experience, and the christian education my child is receiving.

Posted June 7, 2012

I have been extremely please with both the academic learning and spiritual growth both of my children have had the benefit to attain from Bay Ridge Christian Academy. The principals of the school are very "hands-on" with the development of their staff. I have found that my concerns have always been responded to in a professional manner. I find my child feels so comfortable with her teachers and friends that it feels like a small family. The class size ratio is perfectly conducive to effective teaching and learning. We are looking forward to the new building for the high school.

Posted April 28, 2012

The staff children get away with everything at Bayridge. The staff shows no consideration towards the parents. The school wants you to drop of your child at the door and run away as fast as you can. Parents are not allowed in the school. Out of fear of what you may see taking place with your child. Children are unattended often. Making accidents common yet there is no nurse on site. Every staff member has deaf ears to the parents concerns. I wish I knew then what I know because I would have NEVER put my child in this horrible school. I am looking forward to June.

Posted August 11, 2011

Everyday you see & hear parents complaining about BRCA, kids acting out of control, staff with long faces and sometimes upset. Each year the classes become smaller & smaller. Good families walk away from BRCA because staff members' children run the school. Plus, long time staff members are parting ways also. I do not understand how this could not alarm the administration. Teachers are no longer passionate about teaching the children, as they seem overwhelmed with worries. Children are overwhelmed with negativity and fear. BRCA has become a disgraceful place for children to learn while in a basement. BRCA short changes children and parents. Children are not being offered a third of what is being offered in other private schools. Parents are simply not getting their moneys worth. Staff member s children intimidate and bully the non-staff member children which shows a lack of respect for the safety and well being of other people s children. Some teachers fail to communicate effectively with the parents and are not careful about venting their frustrations around the kids. Children are young but are able to hear and pickup negative energy. Lastly, the administration is simply inept!

Posted September 30, 2010

The teachers and the administration want the best for each individual child. They have treated my children as if they are their very own. These teachers and administration serve with a heart of humility, compassion and love -- always pushing their students to the best of their potential. My oldest child graduated with a strong academic foundation; as a result, is performing well in high school. I continue to thank B.R.C.A. for their top notch education and outstanding dedication to excellence in the spiritual, emotional and academic well-being of all their students.

Posted May 10, 2010

i love this school and it has great teachers i go there!

Posted March 3, 2010

I went to this school 6-8 grade it was awsome

Posted June 21, 2009

I also have my two children at brca I can not think of my children in any other school . The education, the love and care they receive there is great I thank God for this school

Posted May 20, 2009

BRCA is a wonderful school with a strong academic and spiritual platform. The administration and teachers care and nurture my son. He enjoys going to school and is an A+ performer. Many thanks to the BRCA team that truly care about each and every student. I pray that the Lord will enlarge the BRCA territory in the near future so that my son could attend their high school.

Posted December 14, 2008

BRCA is a good School i graduated from there! Class of '08! it was a great experience for me! i only attend there 7th grade though 8th.But your kids will love it! its a great staff the teachers are great!And if you have any sort of problem they will help out! in conclusion it is a Excellent school! 5 out of 5! but the only thing is there is a little thing i should say the vice-Principal is horrible! so ill lower it to a 4 out of 5! which is still good! the vice- principal's name is Mrs. Cristina Torres!

Posted May 29, 2008

My two children attend Bay Ridge Christian Academy. I have so many wonderful things to say about this school, I do not know where to begin. My children and my family have been truly blessed. Academically, they have excelled above and beyond my expectations. The caring teachers and staff are unconditional in their love and support towards their students. Spiritually, they have received incredible guidance, love, and prayer. This Academy has enhanced their spirit of worship and prayer. My daughters are worshippers and I know that God has placed them here for that reason. I highly recommend this school for anyone with a heart for God as well as academic excellence. You children will receive all this and so much more. Thank you Bay Ridge Christian Academy for the love, support, and excellence you have poured upon my children and my family.

Posted April 28, 2008

Both my daughter and son attended BRCA. My daughter is now in college and my son is in High School, Thank God and BRCA both are doing well. BRCA is an excellent school, it is God centered, and the teachers really care about the students. I pray that the vision Paster Padilla and administration have for this school may be fulfilled in the near future.

Posted April 10, 2008

My children attend this school and I have seen first-hand the extraordinary academic development they have acquired. This is all due to the diligent work of the teachers and administration that bring the best education to this school. Above all, the children receive a Christian education. They study the Bible almost everyday. They have great activities for the students. They communicate frequently with the parents. I pray that God would continue to bless this school and that evey vision they have for the future would be fulfilled. As a parent I am very well pleased!

Posted April 1, 2008

Wonderful school, safe and caring enviornment, excellent academics and leadership.

Two or more races 21% N/A
Asian 5% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Judith Vega
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Pentecostal
Associations
  • NCSA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6324 7th Avenue