Trey Whitfield School 2

Posted June 10, 2014
My son has attended TWS for the past 4 years and this will be his last year. Great for nursery thru 2, but as they go up in grade, the level of rigor and professionalism with staff decreases. Admin does not address parent concerns, instead they try to justify their teacher's unprofessional attitudes. Students are talked down to and there is limited if any parent communication from teachers.

Trey Whitfield School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
My son has been going to this school since nursery and he started reading that year. He's now in 3rd grade and we are very very pleased with his progress. We are on spring break and he wants to go to school! His little sister will start nursery school there this September, no doubt she'll do great too. We love Trey Whitfield School!!

Posted April 13, 2014
My child will not be coming back to Trey Whitfield School... My son been there for 3years.. This is the first time I'm very disappointed with his teacher .. Verbally abusive to the class.. Example this class is lazy, the other class will pass the test.. This is the worst class I had.. Always screaming at the class.. I had enough of complaining to Admin.. Nothing is being done.. I've decided to take my child and my money somewhere else.. For some reason the teachers and Admin forget the children of their school keeps them in business.. There are other good schools out there.. I'm very dissatisfied and will not recommend the school to none of my friends..

Trey Whitfield School 3

Posted October 16, 2012
I give Trey Whitfield 3 stars only because this school is a very good school for the pre-school age too about 3rd grade. After that the teaching level drops. Also some of the teaching staff as well as the administrator attitude is not professional. Example: The first day of school I went to pick my child up and as he walked off the line the teacher did not ask him who I was or did not make the effort to make sure that I was the person scheduled to pick him up. Also the day before orientation for the first school semester some kids stated to her that their parents will not be able to attend and the teacher responded "thats good, less parents for me to meet". I am currently looking for a new school for my child at this time. My family alone had 5 kids in this school and we have pulled 3 out of the five so far and is now working on the others.

Trey Whitfield School 4

Posted April 30, 2012
This is a really good elementary school. It is located in an underachieving school district and they are the only alternative to a good education. My child attended their nursery thru kindergarten program. I am proud to say she was reading when she completed Pre-k. I was amazed she could read and write going into kindergarten. Be prepared to do lots of homework. As a parent it was very tiresome to do two hours of homework with a 4year old every night but at the end of the school year you can see how much the children grow academically. There academic standard is very high and I say this using my daughter s exam result on the NYC gifted and talented score of 95th percentile. I agree with some of the comments below that sometimes the teachers are too strict and yell at the students to settle down. But the teachers are extremely caring and involved with all their kids. As for the leadership I believe it is strong and they work hard to keep the costs down. The school facilities are nice and the school is extremely safe. I will be sending my next child to this school. I hope they don t change. As a parent I had a great experience with this school.

Posted June 17, 2011
This will be my children's last year at Trey Whitfield. Last year (their 1st year) my husband and I were so pleased. The academic standard seemed high, the teachers seemed to be caring. All that changed this year. I don't know what happened over last summer but major changes were made and it was displayed in the demeanor of the teaching staff. The level of disrespect towards the children and the parents is astounding. Children are threatened with suspension at the drop of a hat. The screaming at the children is heartbreaking. I have even heard teachers saying to children "Shut your face!" Administration has no control and instead of hearing parents concerns they seem to turn a blind eye. As a parent you are not even allowed to drop your pre-school child to the classroom and can be chastised by one of the staff. Do yourself and your child a favor and interview objective parents or even the head of the Parent Council. Enroll your child elsewhere!

Posted June 01, 2011
I pulled my child out from this school in Dec for many reasons..he has attended Trey since KG. This seemed to be a great HOME for my child until I realized that the school has changed and the focus went from the kids to the money.The curriculum standard is great but the teachers ability to teach the materials was terrible. My family and child was stressed out at 8yrs old. Almost all of the 3rd graders are being tutored after paying a tuition...I would advise anyone to NOT sign up their kid at Trey...the administration, staff and things overall have gone downhill. We ha

Trey Whitfield School 5

Posted September 08, 2010
MY KIDS NO LONGER GO TO TREY WHITFIELD DUE TO FINANCIAL REASONS. IF I COULD AFFORD IT RIGHT NOW THEY WOULD STILL BE THERE. MY DAUGHTER WAS READING BASIC WORDS IN NURSERY!!!! I LOVE THAT SCHOOL.

Trey Whitfield School 2

Posted January 21, 2009

Posted July 10, 2008

Trey Whitfield School
17 Hinsdale Street, Brooklyn, NY  11207
Last modified Trey Whitfield School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Trey Whitfield School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.