PK-4, 6-8
Brooklyn, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted July 08, 2014
I am a parent of a child in the middle school of DGK. My child has been a student of the school since first grade. My child is performing wonderfully in all academic areas. The curriculum is updated and in line with NYC public schools. I feel that I have made the right choice in enrolling my child in DGK. The enviroment is very welcoming. I am fully satisfied with the quality of the education, teachers and principal. The principal works with parents and staff and is always available to speak to regarding any concern or question a parent may have regarding any matter. If you are considering choosing DGK as a school for your child, I highly recommend it.

Posted July 22, 2013
Stay away from this school!!! If you're not part of the "IN" crowd you are treated like garbage & your kid is ignored and condemned starting from the principal all the way down to the custodian. Favoritism is rampant and how much money you have or lack there of, dictates how well your child will do. This school is run by a small "Elite" group of parents that control the administration & staff. Most everyone employed there is a relative or friend of this elite group so their kids get preferential treatment, and are honor students regardless if they deserve it or not. None of the graduating students make it to any specialized high schools they all go to private high schools where no doubt their parents will make some kind of donation to "buy" their child's grades! Class sizes shrink as they go up (7th grade has 1 student) because parents get fed up with the bull & pull their kids out before they can reach middle school. Save your money & give your child a good education.....anywhere else other than DGK!!!

Posted February 27, 2013
It is upsetting to read negative reviews about this school, which is contradictory to what actually is. Since the recent change in administration this year, DGK has made an absolute-turn around. Last year, the growth and livelihood of the school was plighted by poor administration. As a component of the learning environment of the school, I can personally affirm that the new principal's presence has done nothing but welcome beneficial changes. Change is not easy, however, it has been the most advantageous theme here at DGK this year. The principal and school board have been working in tandem to assure that DGK can continue to develop the framework of this school. In addition, the school faculty and staff have also worked extremely hard in favor of fostering a better and STRONGER learning environment. Parents also continue to extend the olive branch and help promote the academic and social growth for their children. Check out our school website if you are interested in more highlights, http://www.dgkschool.com/ - We are blessed!

Posted January 12, 2013
This is an excellent school with a very safe, caring, nurturing, and professional environment. I have two children that have been in this school for the past 4 years. I have been very impressed by the continous improvements in services, facilicities, parent involvement, administration and staff. The school has recently brought on a new principal as well as many new staff. The school seems to be on a fantastic track. I could not be happier with the direction of the school, the education my children are receiving and the environment at the school. I highly recomend it to anyone that is looking for a fantastic school for their children that they can stay with until they are ready for high school.

Posted July 29, 2011
We had a bad experience at DGK as well. I can't get over all the lies we were fed about this school. Which is probably why as you go up the grades the classes thin out very noticeably. I can't imagine how some parents are risking their children's education and emotional development by keeping them at this school. The way a number of parents praised it I often wondered if our children were actually attending the same school or they didn't have a clue or they had other issues. A handful of parents and teachers dictate the childrens education. The teachers are not of good quality and acted unprofessional. Principles come and go clearly because they are not given any authority. The environment is closed and pretentious and very clannish. Many of the parents take the school personal. Not serious but personal. I caught one of my children's teachers in so many lies and denials about her harsh and improper language and behavior towards my child and myself that I literally had to shake the creepy feeling she gave me. Money wasted on superficial things. You complain but all it gets you is snubbed. Good judgment is lacking from the top down. Very unfortunate for our community.

Posted July 08, 2011
Not satisfied with this school on many levels, big sales pitch then big rebuff when it didn't live up to what was promised. It is poorly run and mismanaged. The teachers either overloaded the students with to much work or gave hardly any. Some of the teachers and staff have an over the top authoritarian style, yelled inappropriately and said humiliating things to the children. If you have a complaint about a teacher or the curriculum you are given lip service but in the end your expected to either put up with it or leave quietly.

Posted June 29, 2011
Teachers are bad and the people who run things are even worse. Overall feeling is exclusive and snobby with out any genuine substance, which at times was actually comedic.

Posted June 29, 2011
No school is perfect but I have to say this one was exceptionally bad. Asking anyone for assistance gets you know where, unless it's in their best interest. It became clear that they want it this way and if you make a complaint or even a positive suggestion about change you become unwelcome very fast. Intense social pressure to conform even if you don't think it's in the best interest of your children.

Posted June 28, 2011
I feel that DGK teachers are not competent. My child didn't learn a thing. Very disappointing considering all the hype over this school.

Posted March 31, 2011
I love the school. It is the best choice i made for my child. It is an excellent school

Dimitrios & Georgia Kaloidis Pa
8502 Ridge Blvd, Brooklyn, NY  11209
Last modified Dimitrios & Georgia Kaloidis Pa is a Private school that serves grades PK-4, 6-8
Dimitrios & Georgia Kaloidis Pa Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top