PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Terrible, it has to be investigated for bulling, children leave terrified.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

It's like child care not with the standard of a school.

We recently transferred from a local Catholic elementary school to DGK and we love it! We were welcomed and our children have adapted well. We are very satisfied with the level of education. They are receiving the necessary tools to continue their academic success. They offer high school admission exam test prep at no cost, which is very valuable. The staff & administration is supportive & caring. We are very happy to be a part of this great community.

As fairly recent transplants from Park Slope, we were very diligent in searching for the right school for our son. We researched and toured many of the available options, both public and private. We decided to enroll our child in the pre-k program at DGK and are so happy we did. Our son is now finishing 2nd grade. He is not only challenged academically, but is being exposed to a variety of subjects including art, dance, music, athletics and language (Greek). It is the only school in the neighborhood that focuses on teaching a language on a daily basis. In short he is becoming a well-rounded little boy. If you believe that you need to be Greek to attend, think again. It's a great option for a great value. A sweet little school that is not advertised enough!

It's more like a care institution than a school. Its true that children leave and struggling at the school they go in many areas on the first year.

My kids have attended this school for several years now with no siginificant concerns to mention. Of course, there are always areas of improvement but that is for all schools (both public and private). Although eductation is the greatest factor in deciding where to send our children we also place value in; cultural learning, environment, social gatherings, etc. all of which we are very happy with. Overall it is a good school and addresses all wants, values and beliefs.

I am the mother of two students at DGK and the experience so far has exceeded my expectations. The new Principal is fabulous and has instituted so much positive change in the last year. My children love her! I am grateful to be part of this school and although I wish I had more time to be involved with the day to day dealings, I have never felt as if my children or I were not included in the alleged "in group". There is no such thing and I feel that the school and PTA always reach out to include us in every event. I was fortunate enough to attend three events to see my children engaging in various cultural assemblies this year and never did I see anyone ostracized or made to feel "poor", Or inadequate.The truth be said, we all manage to pay the competitive tuition at DGK and we do it for a reason. Perhaps those that feel that they are being singled out here and are not part of the in group are still stuck in high school themselves. DGK is a unique and rare educational opportunity. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the choice we've made for our children.

Stay away from this school!!! If you're not part of the "IN" crowd you are treated like garbage & your kid is ignored and condemned starting from the principal all the way down to the custodian. Favoritism is rampant and how much money you have or lack there of, dictates how well your child will do. This school is run by a small "Elite" group of parents that control the administration & staff. Most everyone employed there is a relative or friend of this elite group so their kids get preferential treatment, and are honor students regardless if they deserve it or not. None of the graduating students make it to any specialized high schools they all go to private high schools where no doubt their parents will make some kind of donation to "buy" their child's grades! Class sizes shrink as they go up (7th grade has 1 student) because parents get fed up with the bull & pull their kids out before they can reach middle school. Save your money & give your child a good education.....anywhere else other than DGK!!!

It is upsetting to read negative reviews about this school, which is contradictory to what actually is. Since the recent change in administration this year, DGK has made an absolute-turn around. Last year, the growth and livelihood of the school was plighted by poor administration. As a component of the learning environment of the school, I can personally affirm that the new principal's presence has done nothing but welcome beneficial changes. Change is not easy, however, it has been the most advantageous theme here at DGK this year. The principal and school board have been working in tandem to assure that DGK can continue to develop the framework of this school. In addition, the school faculty and staff have also worked extremely hard in favor of fostering a better and STRONGER learning environment. Parents also continue to extend the olive branch and help promote the academic and social growth for their children. Check out our school website if you are interested in more highlights, http://www.dgkschool.com/ - We are blessed!

This is an excellent school with a very safe, caring, nurturing, and professional environment. I have two children that have been in this school for the past 4 years. I have been very impressed by the continous improvements in services, facilicities, parent involvement, administration and staff. The school has recently brought on a new principal as well as many new staff. The school seems to be on a fantastic track. I could not be happier with the direction of the school, the education my children are receiving and the environment at the school. I highly recomend it to anyone that is looking for a fantastic school for their children that they can stay with until they are ready for high school.

Last modified Dimitrios & Georgia Kaloidis Pa is a Private school that serves grades PK-8