Brooklyn, NY

Posted March 07, 2013
The staff really cares about the students. Limudei Kodesh is taught in small groups geared to each student's level. General studies features a regular Regents curriculum. My daughter is taking a college-level photography course in 11th grade. The hashkafa is outstanding.

Posted May 24, 2011
I have many friends who who are successful in their careers and their lives, who attribute their success to Nefesh Academy. The school has good teachers who care that the students should succeed. There is a dual curriculum where students learn about their Jewish identity while getting an enriched general education. Almost all their graduates attend college and the many friends that I have from Nefesh Academy are professionals who are wholesome, successful people.

Nefesh Academy 3

Posted May 17, 2008
Nefesh Academy provides an adequate education, and the teachers/administration are highly dedicated to the students' success. However, the school is small and its resources are limited, so the curriculum is not nearly as extensive as it needs to be. While the school is dedicated to sending all its students to college, someone who really wants to challenge herself academically should look into different schools.

Posted July 10, 2007
As a student in Nefesh Academy, I would like to say that my experience there has been amazing. Both the administration and teachers work hard to give the students a brighter and better future. The unique thing about this school is that provides outreach to all of the families that send their children there. If you want to send your children to a school were they would grow in intelligence and spirituality then this is definitely a school to which you should send them. Nefesh recently sent us on a trip to Israel. I have to say that it was one of the best experiences of my life.The academic programs are great and really prepare you for college work. The art and music programs are fun and give the students a chance to express themselves in a unique form. Thank you Nefesh!

Nefesh Academy 1

Posted June 11, 2006
Hi, my name is Sharona. I went to Nefesh academy for a year. The education wasn't all that bad, however not all that challenging. The few good teachers there are pretty involved in their students and are amazing.

Posted July 31, 2005
Hi, I am an immigrant from Russia and have been a student of Nefesh Academy for six years. It s a wonderful school which gives best of two worlds (I have been taught about my jewish heritage and secular subject as well.) From my experience it s a great school which promotes higher education (college). We have a slogan Once in Nefesh always in Nefesh because even after we graduate Nefesh Academy teachers keep in touch with us.

Posted April 07, 2005
My daughter was a student at nefesh academy girl graduated valer victorian year 2000 then went to brooklyn tech just received letter of acceptance for Cooper union. I think this speaks for itself on the kind of education provided at nefesh academy.T hank you again to the principal Mrs Newhouse and all her team. Mrs Hess

Nefesh Academy 1

Posted October 06, 2003
i'm not a parent i was a student there about 5 years ago. i'd like to warn parents about sending their children to nefesh. the only way your child can get an education there is if your child can learn all they need on their own. don't expect the teachers to teach them anything that isnt written in plain text in the outdated school books

Nefesh Academy