Posted October 27, 2014
Ms. Hoyt needs to retire. It's suppose to be a christian school and pretty much none of the staff exhibits christian behaviors when it comes to the children. My son doesn't go there; however, he went to their summer camp. I witnessed a 10 year old boy on time out for 2 hours. They're old school carribean and have no clue that children have differently learning styles and also come with learning disabilities that they can surpass once placed in the right environment. If your child have any learning disabilities, this is not the school. I'm carribean, and I agree there should be discipline, order, and a structured enviornment; however, Ms. Hoyt should retire with her old thinking.

Great Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted July 27, 2010
I am VERY disappointed with GOES. My son started in kindergarten, every year is a different teacher. As soon as the children get use to a teacher, they are gone. The staff turn over is horrible. The teachers speak to the children with no respect. For a christian school I don't see christian attitude.

Great Oaks Elementary School 0

Posted May 06, 2010
My son started Great Oaks in Kindergarten at age 4 1/2 and did very well and is now in the first grade and continues to do well. If you are looking for a safe, clean & disciplined environment for your child then G.O.E.S is the place. How many schools in today's world start their day with worship and finishes their day with prayer? G.O.E.S is still one of the few . Ms Hoyt is the principal at GOES and is very big on discipline as she is on making sure the kids get a great education. The teachers are dedicated to teaching these young minds & they know each and every child regardless of the grades they are in. The school is very family oriented and is a community itself within the community. I strongly recommend this school to any parent who cares about their child's education and safety.

Great Oaks Elementary School 5

Posted May 03, 2010
As a parent of Great Oaks Elementary School I want to say a special thankyou to the Principal and staff for the help they have given to my child. My son has improved in his academics and in his behavior. The Principal believes that each day should begin with worship. She also believes that her school must be extremely clean and organized. The Principal is involved with the menu planning so my son receives a catered meal each day at no extra charge. The teachers at Great Oaks Elementary in Brooklyn, New York are loving, patient, kind, giving and caring. My son was not reading at grade level and his teacher took the time tohelp him with his reading. Some of them have attended the best colleges in New York and are enrolled in leadership programs and rSpecialist

Posted February 19, 2010
great oak has really gone down from the last time i reviewed it all the are rude an terrible

Posted February 09, 2010
I am really dissappointed with Great Oaks Elementary. They don't follow thru with ensuring that the materials or tasks are completed for the day. They don't give weekly exam in other subjects besides spelling, which would assist the parents with identifying the child's weaknesses. I picked this school because, I thought it would benefit my child being in a small school. I think they have discouraged my child from school more than anything. Great Oaks Elementary have a website that is not fully utilized. The teachers do not utilized the website as they should. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Great Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted September 08, 2008

Great Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2007

Posted August 11, 2006
- a former student

Great Oaks Elementary School 5

Posted March 21, 2005
Great Oaks Elementary is academically a very excellent school. All students are encouraged to reach their maximum potential and to do their best in all situations. Although the school is very small the students have the advantage of a personal relationship, with the teachers and the administration. My child has come from the public school system and has since exceled to a level that far exceeded my expectation. If you are looking for a small school with a family environment then Great Oaks is an excellent choice. This school is a prime example of it takes a village to raise a child, because everyone is concerned.

Great Oaks Elementary School
4718 Farragut Road, Brooklyn, NY  11203
Last modified Great Oaks Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Great Oaks Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top