Brooklyn, NY

Posted October 04, 2009
I'm now 21 years old and graduated from Northside. I have to say the school is great, I met lots of great people, I got the best education there then any other school I had attended. Over all great school, great techers.

Posted October 20, 2008
Do not send your child to this school!!!!! The principal and teachers only care about the 'exceptional' students. If your child is having a problem then 'Maybe this isn't the right school him/her'. Thats what they'll tell you, and thats if you can get the teacher to talk to you. They never have time to talk to a parent but they expect the parents to be mindreaders. If your child is having problems they do absolutly nothing to help you or your child, which as a parent is frustrating to us and devastating to a child. They do not 'teach' in this school. Teaching is helping a child learn and understand and those people could care less what your child learned or understood.

Posted September 10, 2008
It is said that I had no choice but to pull my child from the school, as the school is not what it use to be. Unfortunately, the school must concentrate on heavy fundraising to maintain its doors open, which in my opinion, sacrifices the children s studies.

Northside Catholic Academy 4

Posted September 24, 2007

Northside Catholic Academy 5

Posted January 30, 2006
Great new principal. Solid academics, wonderful parent involvement and leadership. They care about kids!

Northside Catholic Academy 2

Posted October 05, 2005
When I transfered my child in Northside from another catholic school in Staten Is, I had good expectations the school will have the same standards in curriculum and programs as her old school-all of with which I was very pleased. Now, after having had the opportunity to observe 4 weeks of 1st grade class, I am very disappointed to point out that this school has very low and poor standards. My child already started learning how to read and spell words such as 'flower' 'frog' 'mother' 'church', etc. by Kinder at her old school. At NS, they're having students spell 'cat' 'bat' 'mat', etc. When I attended the first meeting, the goal of the teacher was 'By the end of the year, your child will know how to read.' Okay good, but my child already learned how to read last year. She is not being challenged here- a waste of time/money.

Northside Catholic Academy 5

Posted April 07, 2005
- a former student
Norhside Catholic Academy is an Excellent school. The Academics are good with all major subjects,as well as Music,Art and a foreign language being Italian. The parent involement is good. The sports Program which Is part of The Parish is good. I highly recommend anyone sending their child to NCA.

Northside Catholic Academy 1

Posted February 28, 2005
My daughter is in finishing her first year at Northside. I am very unhappy with this school. The children have NEVER used the library, there are really no extracurricular activities to speak of with the exception of a few sports and certainly nothing academic or artistic, the homework is remedial and dull, and I find the teachers to be inexperienced and frankly not that bright. The school seems to act as if it exists in the middle of the country rather than ten minutes to one of the most thriving cultural and intellectual centers of the world. I have no intention of keeping my daughter in this school after the year is up, in spite of how traumatic it will be to pull her out of middle school. I think the public schools in the area are far superior to this school.

Northside Catholic Academy
10 Withers Street, Brooklyn, NY  11211
Last modified Northside Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Northside Catholic Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top