Brooklyn, NY

Posted March 16, 2014
Gateway city academy has been a Blessing in my families life. After struggling with my twins and feeling there were no answers to helping my children thrive in school , I found Gateway. Iam truly blessed and grateful to say my children are doing great and can't wait to go to school in the morning. The staff is caring and communicates great with the parents. I'am Truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my children's lives.

Posted January 10, 2014
I love this School! It has been a blessing to my family. I have 2 children in the school and they both enjoy coming to school. The teachers are great and understanding. The academics is above average. I am well informed about all that goes on through out the day which makes me glad as a working parent. I thank God I found Gateway.

Posted December 09, 2013
Gateway City Academy is my family's pot of gold! How much will you pay for a strong spiritual foundation as well as an above-average education? I have a first grader and she is reading above grade level and beginning to learn how to develop a topic within a two paragraph essay. She has learned so many new vocabulary words and loves going to school.

Posted October 29, 2013
GCA is a great choice for parents who are looking for a small, private school environment full of experienced, energetic teachers who truly care for their students. The small class sizes allow for individualized instruction and there are many opportunities for parents to get involved!

Posted October 29, 2013
This is a great school! My child loves attending the 4 year old program. He comes home happy and singing the songs he just learned in class. The teachers are warm and loving. The Director greats us every morning with a friendly hello. I am very pleased with the school and i highly recommend it.

Posted October 29, 2013
Thank you Gateway City Academy for taking such good care of my little one. As a working parent you get nervous of who is watching your child but at Gateway I am confident and assured that my little one is in good hands. I have seen the teachers in action first hand and am thankful that your treat my child as their own. Thanks Gateway.

Posted October 29, 2013
I wanted to take the time to let you know that my son absolutely loved your summer camp and adored the entire school year. He was extremely happy with your school. I, of course, am thrilled as a single parent to see how the staff made my son feel welcome and cared for. There is a high level of respect among the staff that I have not seen anywhere else. Gateway City Academy has a level of professionalism, respect, understanding, caring and dedication for our children that is beyond comparison. As a parent I feel safe leaving my son in your care because you and your staff genuinely demonstrate how much all the students mean to all of you. I have to say that all of you have made an incredible difference in the life of my son and mine.

Posted October 29, 2013
I want to publicly thank Mrs. Teresa McPhail for all of her kindness and love towards the children and parents who attend Gateway City Academy. Miss Teresa graciously listened to my difficult circumstance and then went into action to help me and my son. I will always be grateful. I wholeheartedly recommend Gateway's UPK program. It's been a very bright light in our lives.

Gateway City Academy 1

Posted September 30, 2013
The director of the Pre- K program is horrible. Ms McPhail is a prefect name for her and the name says it all. She is very unprofessional, rude and cruel. Instead of discussing private matters about students to the parents she publicly humiliates them in front of all the students, parents and teachers during dismissal. Even one day when my child was acting a little hyper (which he is still age 3) She FORCEFULLY grabbed my child and yelled and quote, telling me the parent, " You did nothing about it so I had to handle the situation". Ms McPhail is out of control and thinks she can treat people in any way she wants. I immediately transferred my child quickly after enrolling and i would NEVER recommend this school for anyone especially the UPK program.

Posted October 23, 2012
My 4 year old attended the upk program in 2011 and had Miss Joanne as her teacher. My daughter loved coming to school. Miss Joanne was a wonderful teacher. Miss Joanne was loving, kind, and professional at all times. This school is amazing and I thank you for doing such an excellent job. I give this school 5 stars all around.

Gateway City Academy