Posted October 01, 2013
My daughter just began Pre K at Holy Angels and she loves it. Her teacher is wonderful very caring and kind to the children and she loves that she gets to go to a real gym and computer class. The principle is wonderful and the other parents are very helpful.

Posted September 27, 2013
This school is wonderful. I moved away and put my son in another school and he was so miserable. I am currently trying to see if I can reenroll my son in Holy Angels Catholic Academy where he was happy and thrived. My daughter graduated from this school and was so happy attending this school and thrived.

Posted September 25, 2013
My started our daughter in their Nursery Program half way through the year (January). We were very anxious as it was her first school experience but she absolutely loved it. She ADORED her teacher, and the sense of caring and community we got from the administrative staff and other teachers was amazing. It's a safe, nurturing environment for our child. She is now in Pre-K, and is loving it so far. Initially we planned on moving her to public school for Kindergarten but we are seriously considering leaving her at Holy Angels because our family is so happy there.

Posted June 20, 2013
My daughter has been in this school for nearly 5 years and every year it seems to get better and better. The principal and staff are incredible and personally know just about every child. The teachers are accommodating to each student and the level of encouragement is unbelievable. Bullying is unacceptable and not tolerated in this school. Children are not pressured to pass test due to external pressures, but adapt a personal strive for excellence. The school offers several free clubs Inc. Book club, student council, tap dance club, art club,band, etc. After school is also available where kids are assisted if necessary to do h.w., play outside, interact with others, etc. There is currently approx.one class per grade and very low class sizes (though the incoming classes are getting larger). Parents volunteer throughout the year during fundraisers, school events (or pay a minimal fee). The atmosphere of the school is joyful and pleasant. With under 300 kids from ages 3-13, personalization is fantastic and every child is made to feel important. It's a wonderful community. The church also offers a variety of sports which is very useful. I have absolutely no complaints!

Posted June 12, 2013
My child was a mid year transfer (Kindergarten), could not be happier with the teacher, principal, school. My son is happy, and looks forward to going to school. The sports program is great and parents seem to be very involved.

Holy Angels Catholic Academy 1

Posted January 13, 2013
This school is a parent nightmare. Starting with an incompetent principal who will not address the parents' issues. She is always on the defensive with the teachers, then she makes unreasonable requests. Example, she never provided a reply when I told her that the teachers for two consequetive grades were just doling out work w/o checking if learning occurred. The level of testing did not reflect the level of teaching. Then she requested to see all the students test papers and put a rubber stamp signature. Go figure! Eventually I placed my child in the Lutheran school nearby because for some unknown reason she was never accepted in the nearby Catholic schools. I will say no more.

Posted September 08, 2011
My children have attended this school before and after it was made into an academy. Changing into an academy was the best thing they did for the school. They've added a brand new technology room, hired many new teachers and changed the curriculum in many subjects. The classes are a manageable size and the parents are really involved. Now that it has a board of directors any problems you have don't have to stop with the principle.

Holy Angels Catholic Academy 3

Posted May 26, 2011
I wouldnt reccomend this school to anyone. My child is happy which does count however the curriculum is below standard and the principal is not very friendly or easy to deal with.

Holy Angels Catholic Academy 3

Posted January 18, 2011
My child attended this school before and after the change of principal in 2008 and change of name in 2009. The new principal is not the kind of role model you expect in a Catholic School and the unilateral changes she made pretty much stripped everything that made OLA what it was. Holy Angels is no way the school that OLA was. Much better schools nearby.

Holy Angels Catholic Academy 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Because the teachers and students are dedicated to the children to help give the students the best education they can possibly get. They are caring and considerate and know how to treat others.

Holy Angels Catholic Academy
337 74th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11209
Last modified Holy Angels Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Angels Catholic Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top