PK-8 & Ungraded
Brooklyn, NY

Posted May 11, 2014
My son has attended St Stan's for Pre K Three and Pre K Four. The school as a community has done an amazing job with him. He is well prepared for Kindergarten, having received social, emotional, and educational support from the teachers, staff, and other students in the school. I cannot stress what a great community it is and how solid the teaching is. He has enrichments, gym, art, music, the children perform in school shows and outside programs come into present on topics like fire safety and wild animals. There are constant social activities and fundraisers for parents and children to engage in, dances, parties, bingo, family fun day, and art show and silent auction. The children are prepared to understand and engage in a life connected to spirituality, and mindfulness. They are taught to pray, attend services, and are prepared to receive Catholic Sacraments. Your child is also welcome if you are not Catholic, religion is taught as a subject. Many eighth graders get accepted to competitive high school programs both public and private. The Tuition is reasonable and the school facilities are warm bright and clean.

St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy 1

Posted May 02, 2014
Wow, if you look at the dates on the reviews most were written on or near the same day. That screams fakes. This school is horrible, they are cold as ice and literally too since they wont heat the gym or church. Their systems and teachings are so antiquated it is ridiculous. There are no real electives or programs offered to the kids. They are not receptive to parent suggestions or input. It is their way or the highway. Discipline varies depending on the child, neither far or consistent. A bully free environment is not encourage. Catholic schools are closing with enrollments down, doesn't seem to bother this school. I would not be surprised if they shut down due to their lack of working with parents.

Posted October 25, 2013
Best the school in NYC area. High standards for both the students and the faculty.

Posted June 05, 2013
My son started St. Stan's in Pre-K3. We were reluctant to start him so young, however when we went to the orientation he was so happy & surprised to see such a bright & cheery classroom filled with children. It was very warm & welcoming. He acclimated immediately. The teacher & her aide were and still are two of the kindest women I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I was so relieved to know that he would be with them during the day. Now my son is finishing up 1st grade and still, I couldn't be happier with the school or the teachers. My child is so engaged with the level of education he's receiving on a day to day basis that it doesn't feel like school to him. Everyday there's something new to look forward to in class & around the school. In no way is St. Stan's behind the times when it comes to educating its students. He has learned to read surprisingly well in a very short time, his math skills are amazing for his age & he's has become a confident test taker already. PLUSES: Small class sizes; 1 class per grade; being taught the value of respect, high moral standards & the privilege of prayer; the quality of education is 2nd to none and parents are welcomed to be involved.

Posted June 04, 2013
I have two boys in St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy. They are in the 4th and 5th grades and have attended the school since Pre-K. In my opinion, and from hearing about other schools from friends and acquaintances, it is by far the best schood in the city. It's up there in academics, special subjects, honors program and strenghtens out faith. The standards are high and my children are received the best education possible. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 03, 2013
This is a wonderful elementary school, definitely the best in our Greenpoint community. It offers enriched education to any child interesed in any subject. Motivates for extras like spelling bee , math bee, geograpgy bee, Aquinas Club, chess. tennis, dance, drama, choir, public performance, community service, math clubs, math competition, cooking club, Sharing Smile Club, etc. ... in addition of course to our regular after school program. This school offers a lot. It is also rigorous and demanding.

Posted June 01, 2013
I am confident that my son is getting the BEST education in St. Stan's Catholic Academy. I have peace of mind that my son is safe, taught great morals, and in a stress-free environment that emphasizes the importance of education and Respect towards one another. There hasn't been a day when my son wasn't eager to attend school and I think this is the best testament to a Great School! The Staff is Wonderful!

Posted May 31, 2013
I have two children enrolled in St. Stan's at this time. They are the third generation of my family to attend. It has an excellent teacher to student ratio. They gain the most out of this aspect. As the school year goes by, I see my kids progress. I know it is the right choice. The stats show that our students perform higher than their piers in public school. The tuition is very reasonable compared to other private schools. The school is clean and maintained well. The teachers and staff are truly professional. The children are taught respect and character. This is a result of the rules and guidelines set in place by the principal. The whole school puts on a great show for Christmas and spring. Amazing to see every child from pre-k3 to grade 8. I recommend this school to any parent, you will not be disappointed. Robert P.

Posted May 31, 2013
St. Stan's is a great school with great faculty and staff. This is my daughter's 2nd year and she feels right at home. There are caring teachers small class sizes for a closer community. A great education in morals is included with the academics. They offer art, music, gym, and computers. They have after school clubs for children of all ages. We love it!! I would highly recommend this school to anyone that is looking for a place where their child can be appreciated.

Posted May 31, 2013
St. Stan's students are very talented, they really outdid themselves with tonight's Annual Spring Show. The auditorium was transformed into a jungle. Great job to dedicate teachers, students and Mrs. C for making all this possible.

St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy
12 Newell St, Brooklyn, NY  11222
(718) 383-1970
Last modified St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy is a Private school
St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top