Brooklyn, NY

Is 381 4

Posted October 08, 2013
I went to this school. I liked the teachers and they were really nice. But the other kids were just horrible. There were a lot of fights. There was a lot of screaming, and there were also some inappropriate things going on. On the other hand, it was a really good school with great teachers and a great environment.

Posted August 06, 2013
I went here and graduated .. it was an ok school i didnt like it but i cant conplain fully because i liked some of the teachers such as mr.lawler or mr.k they were nice and funny .. mr.tormey sometime could joke to much but was funny to .. ms.lustig is nice as a person but not so much as a teacher espically when shes mad .. ms.furlong is ANNOYING .. ms.harrington is nice but can also be annoying and worries to much .. thepeople that work in the main office are NO HELP AND RUDE ! i could say more but #aintnobodygottimeforthat #classof2013

Is 381 5

Posted March 21, 2013
Excelente school good teacher, good area. The neighborhood is quiet administration the staff is very nice. The school is very small with a high education middle school experience.

Is 381 5

Posted November 17, 2012
I.S. 381 is an excellent school. It has been a fixture in the community for over ten years and provided many students with an enjoyable and highly educational middle school experience. Though administration can be lax with their school-wide behavior management policy, students rise to the occasion. Teachers at are mostly passionate and dedicated. Lastly, parents/families have shown their reverence for I.S. 381 by sending multiple students to the school. I.S. 381 embodies the concept of "school as community."

Is 381 2

Posted October 21, 2009
Well i graduated from this school and i say its ok. It wasn't challenging enough for me but good thing i had that support system at home. Honestly your child is better off in Cunnigham, Bay Acadamey or Mark Twain. Luckily, i worked hard to get into Goldstein H.S., but other kids who were not encouraged and didn't have that support system were not as lucky. If you're considering for your child to go here, you should visit the school first and the environment in which the students learn.

Is 381 4

Posted May 23, 2009
The school is not as bad as they say so. My daughter is in the CIG program and preferred this school than cunningham.

Posted October 31, 2008
this schol may look goood on the outside but certain teachers don't care and i feeel like they want us the kids to get in trouble

Posted September 19, 2008
This school i.s 381 is a very good school. i get to learn everything. last year my average was a 93.56 for the whole year. This time i'm expecting to get a better grade. the principal is very nice and so is the parent coordinater Mrs.Turner.So i like this school.

Posted June 11, 2008
this school has not lived up to expectation. The school is small but teachers and Ms harrington hardly return phone calls. Ms harrington is always in a meeting. Things happen at the school with my child i didnot recieve a phone call no one keeps me informed. the parent coorindator is powerless she is not informed of what is going on with some children. I am disappointed that I sent my child to this school. Small is not always better

Posted April 08, 2006
The overall quality of this school is great. Ms. Harrington knew my name and was able to walk into the classrooom and say hello. The teachers are friendly however certain teachers when I was there were unqualified. They however have left and the school is wonderful. I also love the uniform. It promotes education and students no longer have to worry about what everyopne else is wearing.

1599 East 22nd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11210
Last modified Is 381 is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 381 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top