No rating

Ps 326

Public | PK-1 | 180 students

Posted October 19, 2013

I was a worried parent when my son first entered this school, only because I was just comfortable with the place he was previously. After just a few short weeks I noticed that he was very happy and learning tremendous. MS Ducey is a very caring principal and will even communicate with parents about any concerns just like the rest of the staff. They treat the kids as if they were family. Special thanks to Ms Ducey, Ms Foster Ms Nagel Ms Thiel Ms Doran and secutity staff and of course thr the rest of the school staff. GREAT SCHOOL GREAT ENVIORNMENT

Posted October 18, 2013

I love this school! When my son came out of daycare, I was worried about him go to a bigger school. When he started his first year in Kindergarten back in September 2011 it was a transition but his teacher Mrs. Sherlock and I work together as a team and my son took off. He even made student of the month. Mrs. Sherlock will work with you completely. That was great for me. They First grade he had Mrs. Regan who was amazing. She is a ball full of energy and she has a true passion for the kids. Now, his last year at P.S. 326 he has Mrs. Sherck. Since the first day of school we have been work as a team. I can ask her any question and she always finding ways to help my son advance. The staff at this school from Ms. Foster, Mrs. Conurvoisier, everyone in the office, school safety and everyone is just amazing . They are always helpful and friendly. You and your child are not just another number at P.S 326 you are apart of a family. A team of people that truly want to see your child succeed. The principle Mrs.Ducey AMAZING! I have never seen a principle that has such a true passion for her kids. It is going to hurt so bad when he leaves in next year. P.S 326 is a school of excellence

Posted December 3, 2012

This is our family's first experience with the NYC public school system. We are very pleased with P.S. 326. The principal seems to know all the children by name. It is a small setting where the children are nurtured while being educated. Ourson's teacher is committed to ensuring every student's success. Unfortunately, this school only goes up to the 2nd grade. This wonderful staff will be deeply missed.

Posted December 3, 2012

I love P.S. 326. I was really worried about my daughter transitioning from a private preschool to public school. My experience has been great at P.S. 326. I love the idea of an environment with only little people. It makes the transition much easier than other schools with larger student bodies.

Posted November 28, 2012

I love P.S. 326!! After a bad kindergarten experience with another local public school, I requested a meeting with the principal who took time out of her busy schedule to meet with me and interview my daughter. I could not have been anymore thankful than I am today, especially because both my daughters attend this school, as well as my niece. The teachers are so involved and dedicated to making each student feel special with simple actions like paying attention and knowing the names of every child. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking to place their child in a rare public school that feels private and a school that simply understands. All of the staff are caring and polite. Throughout the years, my daughter's studies have excelled greatly and now, although leaving her sister and cousin behind, she will be one of the first to graduate as a 2nd grader. She will miss her teachers and the school immensely for making it such a memorable experience. I can't say anything more about this school but that its truly a rare gem. Thank you for creating a comfortable environment for my children and for making sure they are on track for the next steps in their life.

Posted November 27, 2012

I love P.S. 326 because it's an early childhood school that's run by a loving, caring staff. I am so happy!

Posted November 27, 2012

I love P.S. 326. In fact, I recommend the school to so many parents I see with toddlers. I wish - in fact I know - that when my "newborn to be" becomes of age, P.S. 326 will be her first stop in the world of education.

Posted November 27, 2012

Praises to the principal, teachers and other staff members of P.S. 3236. The children are taught in a very safe environment where they are comfortable learning and enjoy attending every day.

Posted November 13, 2012

I highly recommend P.S. 326! Since the first time I entered the building I was overcome with a sense of warmth and kindness. The staff, as well as the principal are exceptionally helpful. There is never a day when I come to pick up my child that M. Ducey doesn't greet him by name and let me know of upcoming school events. I looked at many schools prior to selecting PS 326 and I highly recommend this school.

Posted November 13, 2012

P.S. 326 is truly a unique school-it's like a hidden gem. I have known about the school for the past few years and am continuously impressed and happy with my children's education and wellbeing. There is no NYC principal like Ms. Colleen Ducey-she cares about each child and treats them as her own. The teachers are so talented and warm and the environment its like a little private school of superior learning and social growth. I love the projects, the holiday events and the early childhood touch. They understand the needs of young children and do an excellent job educating our young children.

Posted November 13, 2012

I love my child's school P.S. 326! It's a wonderful place for young children to learn and grow. Everything is for the children- even the lunchroom and play activities give these young kids a chance to share and grow. I love the way they greet the parents everyday. I feel like part of the family. Ms. Ducey is the principal and she is part of everything at the school-I have even seen her taking care of the kids during dismissal and helping them when they don't feel well. The teachers and staff of the school are all helpful and hands-on. This is what I like and what I wanted for my child. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 24, 2011

This is truly not a great school I had to come up to the school because my child could not bring any supplies such as color pencils while another student can who was another race as my child As I was speaking to the principal of the school, she was very disrespectful. In the office their was desk in between us talking, and in a split second she came around the desk to talk directly in my face. I did not had to be treated this way, so I went upstairs and taken my child out of the school. The principal stated that was the rules of the classroom and their is nothing that could of been done about this. Bad school, they only choose sides of color from my point view.

Posted October 10, 2010

I love P.S. 326 because... nothing is impossible here! It is one of the Early Childhood Learning Centers which provides a warm, nurturing foundation for many children who can especially benefit from it. Against the odds it has remained open though facing difficulties of budget cuts, little resources, and building obstacles. I would love for the day to come for our school to finally be able to further our children's experience with a better facility. It's definately time we recognize the value on the Early Childhood years, as the beginning of of more to come. I believe winning this money would also encourage our parents/ families to become more active in their child's school and allow them to regain some of the faith many have lost in public schools. Please see us for who we are- a small school where miracles could happen!

Posted October 10, 2010

I love P.S. 326 because it's an early childhood school that's run by a loving caring staff. They treat the children like their own; with a lot of knowledge, patience and LOVE!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 10, 2009

My 2 children have attend this school. My son is currently in the 1st Grade, and my daughter went on to PS 119. I am truly in awe of the teachers dedication to educational excellence, and the high standards of personalized treatment that children receive. I wish that this school went to further grades. I commend the principal Ms Ducey for doing a wonderful job, as well as Mrs Bagwell, Mrs Ciancialo, and Mrs Cunningham for helping to set a womderful foundation for learning for my children. A very warm, safe and friendly learning enviornment.

Posted November 21, 2008

My nephew attends the school and I am amazed at how caring and involved the teacher is in his life. He is in Pre-K (only half-day) but he loves it and if he is happy, so am I. Sometimes it makes me wish that the school went further with the grades.

Posted November 20, 2008

My son is in kindergarten at P.S. 326. It is our first experience with public school. We are both happy. The school looks well kept, we love his teacher, and the staff is very helpful and courteous.

Posted April 24, 2008

I currently have 2 kids attending PS 326. One is in Pre-K and the other is in the first grade. I believe it a safe and wonderful school. The staff is great, especially the principal. My only complaint is that the Pre-K program is not an all day progam.

Posted September 18, 2006

Generally speaking p.S.326 Is a safe, good school. My daughter is now in the first grade and she has a good teacher has had good educational experiences up until this point.

Black 1 69% 19%

Master's degree and above 63%N/A39%

Teacher credentials

Teachers with no valid teaching certificate 0%N/A0%
Source: NYSED, 2011-2012
The NYC Department of Education asked parents, teachers and students about their school's learning environment. Results provide insight into school climate, such as whether the school is academically rigorous, safe, communicative and collaborative. Learn more

The information captured by the survey is designed to support a dialogue among all members of the school community about how to make the school a better place to learn. An overall category score is calculated for each respondent group (parents, teachers, or students) by averaging the scores of the questions within that survey category.

Category scores for each of the respondent groups are then combined to form overall category scores. Alongside the results for each school are the aggregated results across all NYC public schools, which are provided as a basis for comparisons.

Learn more about the NYC DOE survey »Close
Based on 147 responses

This school provides ... 1

A safe and respectful environmentWhat's this?

This score measures whether parents, students and teachers feel that the school creates a physically and emotionally secure environment in which everyone can focus on student learning.

9.4

8.0

8.4

9.6

8.0

Clear, useful communication about educational goalsWhat's this?

This score measures whether parents, students and teachers feel that the school provides information about the school's educational goals and offers appropriate feedback on each student's learning outcome.

9.6

8.5

9.9

7.8

Strong parent, teacher and student engagementWhat's this?

This score measures how engaged parents, students and teachers feel they are in an active and vibrant partnership to promote student learning.

8.8

9.8

7.8

High academic expectations for all studentsWhat's this?

This score measures how well parents, students and teachers feel that the school develops rigorous and meaningful academic goals that encourage students to do their best.

9.4

Teachers19100%

12012-2013 New York City Department of Education School Survey

• MS. COLLEEN M. DUCEY

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1800 Utica Ave