Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment. These programs encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They care, are available and work for their students to succeed. I am able to have an open line of communication with all the teachers, the Principal and Vice Principal

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

As they do project based learning and they have school until 4:00 p.m. for extended French, there is rarely homework. Which I appreciate as a working Mom. We get to enjoy each other instead of fighting about homework.

My daughter is in her second year here. My daughter loves it here. She is being challenged, but she is still interested. The kids are all nice kids and there is a nice community at this school. I, personally, also love that the school is so diverse. The extended day French has been fantastic. The kids are doing digital storytelling, cooking and sports in French extended day. The school is very open and communicative to the parents. The Vice Principal Nicole knows every student in the middle school. And, somehow, my daughter is able to speak some French. I love that this school will make her a well rounded person as so many of the other middle schools just focus on one discipline or another. It is a sweet school and we are so happy. I have seen my daughter become very confident and comfortable in her own skin.

My son is part of the 6th grade French English Dual Language Program. Teachers are excellent and committed, the IB curriculum is rigorous and school leadership brilliant. My son is happy to go to school everyday and I am confident this is a great place for him to pursue his education.

SIS - Has been fully re-energized since 2011. They have adopted the International Bacclarureate program. Super motivated teachers, awesome principal and a lot of activities for a small school. This school has got a lot of interest in the district and is the "hot new school".

School for International Studies: In my experience, there are teachers that want to see the students succeed, develop and grow. Unfortunately, Administration, in their infinite wisdom, puts their energy into wildly reaching disciplinary measures and personal vendettas instead of considering how such behaviors can and will adversely effect the student's well-being and future. Dismissive, patronizing, condescending, and coercive are other terms that come to mind. Before sending your child to Sch. for International Studies, do your research. Maybe your child will flourish. I'm sure some do. If your child steps in the wrong direction for any reason, my recommendation is, learn the rules. The rules your child is obligated to follow, as well as the rules the schools is supposed to follow. It is truly a two way street, and everyone can be held accountable.

I am so confident in SIS that all four of my children attend from 6th to the high school. My children were mediocre students up until they attended SIS. All are Honor roll and National Honor Society but my youngest. She is still getting grades in the 90's with one in the 70's.My oldest went from being a special needs student, for stuttering, to an honor roll student and National Junior Honor Society. She is being inducted to the National Honor Society. My girls have been all encouraged and taught by wonderful caring teachers, supportive guidance counselors, and a great principal. The support staff is great. The office, medical office and cafeteria staff always have a smile and time to accommodate your needs. The teachers work hard during their own free time to assist any student who asks for help. Before school, after school and during their free periods the teachers go above and beyond everyday. Mr Fred Walsh is the principal and very involved with the students. His goal every year is to learn all the students names. He greets the students in the mornings by name. I believe the school is great.

I disagree with the other parent. This has been a great school for my daughter. Through this school and their activities and challenging curriculum she has grown to be a hard-working, exceptional student. I wholly recommend this school.

I totally Agree with the current parent's posting: As I find this Middle and High School to be an outstanding academic institution for our children's future. The teachers are all highly qualified professionals in their field and thereby our children are the beneficiary. Each teacher, guidance counselor, staff member and the Phenomenal principal are graduating talented and well prepared individuals for the future. My child is college bound and I thank the leadership and teachers for preparing her for the challenges of college life. She's not only academically prepared but emotionally and mentally too. Thanks SIS!!!

Last modified School For International Studies is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.