Brooklyn, NY

Posted January 25, 2014
I graduated from P.S.69 in 2012. I cried during my graduation and on the last day of school. My teacher for 5th grade was Mrs.Durantas and she can be strict but overall she was an amazing teacher. She is so dedicated to her job. My sister graduated in 2013 and also had an amazing experience at P.S.69. My mom has always commented on the structure of the school and how it looks like a private school. The kids here use good language and there is never any bully, it is not tolerated (The lunch staff also make sure that no bullying goes on during). The lunch staff put such dedication into their job to make sure that our experience is good. They aren't glum like lunch staff at the nearby Middle School (I.S.259 William McKinley). When you graduate from this school its almost as if they are trying to honor you. You have barbecue that lasts almost the whole school day and you also get a trip to Medieval Times. This school leaves so many memories for me. If your thinking about sending your kid here please do because they are going to have an amazing time if you do while still being well educated. Also during lunch you also get recess time or you get to watch a movie.

Posted June 29, 2012
I am a previous student of PS69 and I had wonderful memories to bring into my future life. The Fifth Grade Picnic, Medieval Time Trip, Graduation, and so many more events inspired me. My teachers all prepared me for life and I will always feel melancholy to be leaving this wonderful school. The methods of learning have really iven me enough support to solve any problem educationally. For Fourth Graders, we get a trip to Carnegie Hall. For both Fourth and Fifth Graders, we sometimes get clubs after school. The principal is really kind and always gives us chances to learn. I will never forget such a wonderful and educational school. I thank Mr. Grippo for creating such a safe environment for kids to learn.

Ps 69 Vincent D Grippo School 4

Posted June 28, 2011
My daughter has been here since pre-k. She says that, when she is going to graduate and leave this school, she would feel really miserable. She had many experiences at PS69 Vincent D. Grippo school. Such as the Medieval Times Trip, Fifth grade BBQ, Fifth grade Graduation, Intrepid museum trip, and many events that were here. I totally recommend this school to anyone whos anyone in this world!

Posted September 06, 2009
The first time I saw this school I was just taken aback by its unique structure. At first I thought it was a private school, I couldn't believe it was a public school. It is a very clean well maintained school. The staff is very nice and friendly. It seems like such a very happy healthy environment to learn and grow. Thanks to the founder, Vincent di Grippo, his vision has certainly become an absolute success.

Ps 69 Vincent D Grippo School

Posted February 04, 2009
I graduated from p.s.69. I couldn't let go of the wonderful memories I had in p.s.69. It must be the best school ever!!!The teachers are the best.They are never mean.I recommend this school to any transfer students or kids that are starting 1st grade.The principle is awsome.She nice,caring,and never yells.Mrs.Durantas is one of my teacher from p.s.69.She is soooo nice.Also caring, smart and beutiful.P.s.69 has the best education.I am doing good in middle school thanks to p.s.69.I have a 92.74 average on my report card.Anyway p.s.69 is the best school for me!

Posted July 01, 2008
PS69 is a great schhol with great teachers. Their test scores are better than most schools in the city and do great for special ed and special needs students.

Posted June 23, 2008
this is a excellent school. A beautiful school. I am a student from PS.69. I am going to grauate this year( 2008). I am really really sad to be leaving PS.69. Hopefully I can come back and visit those great teachers!!!

Posted October 20, 2005
The Vincent D. Grippo School (P.S.69) has to be the best school in our area of Bklyn. The Principal is the most caring,involved,intelligent, ambitious and passionate school official. The staff and teachers are just wonderful. Cutting Edge programs are crafted for the students. The facilities are kept impeccably clean, which makes the already beautiful interior of the school even more spectacular. All classrooms are kept well lit and the layout of the rooms cater to the childrens utmost comfort. It is a modern school, being only three years old, has wireless capabilities in every classroom. Laptops were made available to Students. The library is one of the prettiest I've ever seen, with a large interactive study area for the students. The school offers band, chorus and recorder for music. With a new violin program starting in 2006. The auditorium is styled like an Opera House,with tiered seated and an outstanding sound system.

Ps 69 Vincent D Grippo School
6302 9th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11220
Last modified Ps 69 Vincent D Grippo School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 69 Vincent D Grippo School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top