PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted October 29, 2014
Great Christian Leadership! My child graduated from here 2014 after spending over 8 years. The teachers really care, however there is a great need for supplies and funding. The teachers are overworked, underpaid and sometimes not paid on time. The school can be successful if it receives funding and probably new leadership. I rate it 3 because communication was always last minute or non-existence, the curriculum was not clear and at one point during the lower grades social studies was self-taught. I found that textbooks were outdated. On the other hand, children left with spiritual guidance and morals. Most of the students I know did well including my child. 100% of the graduates attends college from that class.

Christian Heritage Academy 2

Posted May 29, 2014
My school is declining severely. I am a highschool student and the teaching staff in the highschool is very poor save for 2 or 3 teachers. Teachers do not communicate with students and show up late for class. Teachers do not respect students or give individual attention. One teacher in particular cannot teach in a way for the whole class can understand. Another teacher refuses to discipline her class and always calls the principal or vice principal instead of dealing with the problem herself. Teachers stop classes to answer phone calls and if a student doesn't understand anything they continue teaching the same pace. As a student all of my complaints are taken as jokes and nothing is done about them. This school also goes back on its own rules for example the uniform was changed to allow plaid shirts it was changed back less than a month later. A few good things have happened since the new Academic Director arrived. We now have high level class such as Microbiology, Human Physiology, Organic Chemistry, Graphic arts and Physics for junior high kids. Overall this school has the potential to be a good school but as long as it stays on this road it will keep getting worse.

Christian Heritage Academy 5

Posted July 31, 2013
My son attends this school and he has an IEP, it was a great option to have him attend Christian Heritage Academy because he gets the individualized instruction as well as the SETTS provider services. The class size is small and they have made a great move toward technology. I'm able to check his progress through their online grade book and I have direct communication with his teachers through their system. I highly recommend this school because it goes through to high school and the students are all college bound!

Posted August 18, 2010
I have been a part of this school for about 8 years. It has a strong Christian leadership and is a real Christian school when it comes to teaching the Word. Devotion is never compromised. Academically, there is a need for improvement on technology, learning materials, and an equal balance of instructions. Students often times do not receive an equal balance of Social Studies, science, Spanish, etc. They tend to receive more instructions in English and Math, which can be good, but a balance of all subject areas are just as important. Students are still cramped in classes in some grades. The school continues to improve. They strive to do better. Overall, the students are in a safe place. I must note that the staff need to put on a more pleasant face.

Christian Heritage Academy 4

Posted October 22, 2009
As one of the class parents, I am proud to say that this is my 6th year of having my children in this school. CHA has made great strides since my kids started there back in 2003. As an update to the last parent review, they now have a cafeteria for the children as well as extra curricular activities which they have begun to roll out (music lessons, childrens choir and such). In the warm weather, the children are taken to the school yard playground or on a field walk to the park (weather & appropriate staff permitting). I still believe it is a great foundation for children to start off at and I still recommend it as a very good private institution that in today's world is definitely needed for the structure our upcoming youth. M. Hall

Christian Heritage Academy 2

Posted August 02, 2009
While this school is great for giving children the knowledge of the Bible, that's all they really have to offer besides the only few teachers in this school that challenges children academically. Mrs. Darby, Ms. Anderson, and Ms. Durant. These women are great teachers but unfortunately for a school that covers grade k-12 that's all they have to offer. There's is no gym, no cafeteria, no extracurricular activities for the children, the kids stay cooped up in a classroom all day, the bathroom aren't cleaned as often as they should, and all complaints fall on deaf ears. You simply do not get your moneys worth. These children would benefit more from a high rated public school.

Christian Heritage Academy 5

Posted July 15, 2009
I have 2 children who attend CHA. They both started when they were 2 yrs old. The teachers worked with usreinforce potty training... being a working mother, I appreciated the follow-up during school hours of what I had been teaching them at home. My oldest is going into the 1st grade in just a few months and he was a reader just after Christmas of his Kindergarten yr. The rigorous academic curriculum emphasizes language arts/reading and math. I intend to send my children at CHA until they graduate from HS. I like the fact that my children are getting a quality academic education as well as learning the Word of God and Christian role models thoughout their their day.

Posted September 22, 2008
Great for religious instructions, but need lots of improvement academically. Teachers need to be trained on how to teach and to recognize students learning needs. Classrooms are small and cramped not much room for the students to move around and the teachers like to yell at the students to much. Not condusive for a young child / young male growth and development.

Christian Heritage Academy 1

Posted August 29, 2008
I was very unhappy with this school. Very expensive not worth the money.

Christian Heritage Academy

Posted February 20, 2008
I went to this school for my highschool years and I absolutely loved it. I graduated at the top of my class and I got a full scholarship to a highly accredited school. The teachers treat the students like their own and provide one on one lessons if needed. My little sister currently goes there and she loves it too.

Christian Heritage Academy
1100 East 42nd Street, Brooklyn, NY  11210
Last modified Christian Heritage Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12