K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Promotes mutual respect, appreciating differences, tolerance and inclusivity.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very dedicated and provide what students need.

Our children have received an excellent education at Senesh, developed incredible friendships and left with great confidence and ambition. The community is like no other - we are grateful to Hannah Senesh for a wonderful academic and social experience.

You want the honest truth? This school is not what everyone says it is, or tries to believe it is. Maybe it has an advanced curriculum, but it's not exciting. Good, knowledgable, teachers? But most of them don't actually care about there students. Warm and loving? As long as you never make any mistakes. A comfortable and loving environment? I'm sorry, but you asked for the truth, and that's what your gonna get....

Like a review before, this school is not in any position to turn families paying full tuition down, so this school has a lot of students with learning disabilities, behavioral problems, and social problems. The teachers are average, some better than others, the facility is brand new, yet very small, yet they also have a middle school, along with there (much stronger) lower school program. I have a 3rd grader at Hannah Senesh, who has had an okay experience, yet due to a very upsetting event that happened at this school to a friend's child, my other son will not be going into kindergarten at Hannah Senesh in the fall.

I am a parent of a current student, and after reading one of the less flattering reviews, decided to chime in. This school is phenomenal, bar none. It is inclusive, and every student feels loved and fits in, regardless of their academic level, religious affiliation, or financial situation. Some families are extremely wealthy, while others are solidly middle class. Some are orthodox, while others are of mixed religions. My child has never felt bad about not being religious enough, or wealthy enough. He always feels like he belongs. The teachers are amazing. Every year we think that they can't get any better, yet they do the following year. They manage to stimulate the love of learning in every child. The teachers, along with the administration, are extremely approachable. I have gotten in touch with someone from the school about a concern, and had it resolved that same day, and effectively, on many occasions. To be continued

The same parent of a current student that posted below, this is part 2 of my review: The academics are excellent. Compared to children at other top academic institutions, private and public, Hannah kids do as well, and perhaps better, than the rest. My child does not have problems with his Hebrew. We are unable to help him with his Hebrew homework, as we do not know Hebrew, nor does he have tutors. He is able to complete his homework assignments and his teachers tell us that his Hebrew is progressing nicely. The school does have children that learn on all levels. Our child has always been challenged in the school. There is a large group of incredibly bright children so a bright child will never be academically bored, yet has many friends who might learn differently but with whom he bonds over other pursuits. I like that about the school. There are parents that are always unhappy about something or other, and it is their right. However, the school has nurtured our child, fostered his sense of Judaism, and has dealt with every concern we had, immediately. All while the other families have taught our child that being different is ok, whatever form that difference comes in.

To the previous reviewer, the school actually has a nurse on staff. She is new, but she is there now. We are relatively new to the school. The structure and discipline here are much more rigorous than at our old school. The curriculum is challenging and my kids are learning far more at Senesh than they did at their old school and have far less disruptive students in their classes. Far less. Our old school was also a private school and so I believe we are in a good position to compare. The classes are smaller than in public schools, so kids naturally get more attention and so yes, it is helpful for some students who weren't successful in a classroom with 30+ kids. And yes, I think the Hebrew program is lacking b/c it is very difficult to accomodate the various levels of Hebrew. But, in general, this is an excellent school with a very involved group of parents. The teachers my kids have now are 2 of the best teachers I've encountered and I am very grateful for the difference they are making in my childrens' academic lives.

This school is not for everyone. As a small private school in need of students, they are not in a position to turn down families who can pay the tuition. Children with behavioral problems or are on the special needs spectrum but not enough for services are placed here by their parents. For those parents this place can be wonderful. It is also a good place if your child is very easy going and is not bothered by disruptions or fitting in. Effective discipline is lacking, and the special education component is understaffed. There is no nurse on staff. The curriculum is rigorous, especially considering the dual language component. If your child speaks hebrew at home, they will be bored with the language studies. If your child is not skilled at language, the extra burden will drag them down. The school's intentions are good, and it is admirable that they are trying to unite students of different abilities and families with different religious values or are in some aspect non-traditional. It would be advisable to speak with many different parents and read reviews on other websites before enrolling your child.

I am a mother of two kids (in 3rd grade and K) in Hannah Senesh and I absolutely love everything the school stands for and the learning environment it provides. I was looking for a Jewish school that will give them a strong Jewish / Israeli identity and be not just accepting but supporting our same sex family, but wasn't sure if I would be able to find a school that can provide that and excellence in teaching and at the same time nourish the kids' sense of self. Hannah Senesh does much more than that - it teaches the kids openness, tolerance, social responsibility and acceptance. Both my girls thrive in school and as a parent I couldn't ask for more!!! We definitely have made the right choice!

Last modified Hannah Senesh Community Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8