PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted June 08, 2013
The best choice I have ever made. Kids need structure, discipline in order to have focus in everything in life. Once u have a solid foundation every and anything is possible to achieve. A little beating with love and the right intention pays off at the end. It won't kill the child. I don't like my parents/teachers weeping but today I am thankful for it. I am old school.

Arista Prep Academy & Nursery School 2

Posted July 19, 2012
this school is bad/good the bad parts are that they beat the kids insult the kids parents and the kitchen staff isnt that good and they say they have to pay for extra cups and sporks and the bathrooms

Posted December 05, 2011
Wonderful school for kids! My 2 yr old daughterj goes there and she enjoys school. Ms. Simmonds and ms. Shawnette take care of my little one as if she was there's. Strict hands on teaching at it's best.

Arista Prep Academy & Nursery School 4

Posted September 07, 2011
My daughters who are now 12, and 13 (younger one is in 8th grade this year, and older one is in 1st yr of high school) attended Magic Kingdom nursery school. Ms. Shawnette was wonderful. She was patient, kind, and of course stern. Where else is potty training encouraged and enforeced during the school day- thank you Ms.Shawnette, So, 10 years later, I am still raving, and recommending Magic Kingdom nursery school to parents who are searching for a safe, learning , parent friendly environment for their children.

Arista Prep Academy & Nursery School 4

Posted April 22, 2011
I thank you for your comment about your toddler being in an environment in which he is allowed to "express" himself and is therefore somewhat "wild". I am a veteran of magic kingdom. my two older children (now 20 and 16) went there. people are always commenting on how well behaved they are. they are not perfect, but they are not the typical young adults or teen you may see acting up on the bus or in public, I credit magic kingdom for they way they are. God has bless me with two younger children now 3 and 7mths. my 3yr old is in a daycare where he is allowed to "express" him self , and is also "wild". i hope to enroll him in magic kingdom this fall, his behavior is becoming a problem and is hampering his learning. I am confident that he will receive the structure in a "somewhat strict" environment that I know and trust

Posted March 08, 2011
My daughter attends the nursery section of the school and I can't rave enough about how much she has progressed. Her primary teacher's name is Ms. Shawnette and she's amazing - strict and caring at the same time. My daughter will be 2 next month and she speaks clearly and can identify words, animals, sing along to songs, etc. People are always amazed when they speak to her and I always recommend them to this school. It's almost a year since she started attending and I am grateful everyday of my decision made to send her there. Parents, if you are looking for a school for your children, don't hesitate - send them to Magic Kingdom. The school is small so it doesn't have the space and facilities that a private school would such as a gym, cafateria etc - but if you're looking for a strong foundation - this is the place. I find all the teachers there experience and nurturing and the kids that attend, from what I can see, are heading in the right direction. All the school needs if more funding and assistance to excel into a state of the art school. BUT regardless, it's a great start for your kids - plus they're open until 6:30 and it's no extra charge!!!

Posted December 27, 2008
Though the atmosphere was rather strict, I loved it. My toddler gained a strong foundation. The school reinforced the things we taught at home. Both of us are teachers. The daycare he's in now has so much freedom that he's walking around being allowed to 'express' his feelings; most times at the expense of ther students. My toddler is very demanding (wild), so I feel he needs a bit more structure. Magic Kingdom gave us that structure.

Posted July 21, 2008
my 4 year old attends the school as well as his 3year old sister. i love the space, but im not to sure about my 4year olds teacher right now,she is to aggresive,and i don't like that, but in september he will have someone new.so far the schools ok. the work is reasonable for their age.

Arista Prep Academy & Nursery School 1

Posted February 12, 2008
I am really disappointed with this school. The work was not age appropriate and the kindergarten teachers were not nurturing or nice. Very militant school, with too much structure for such a young age. No gym, no outdoor play, no basics. Just Wham! The kindergarten class was working from a 1st grade textbook. It is okay if your kid is advanced, but if your child is just entering school at the age of 5 you will have lots of trouble.

Posted February 05, 2008
Simply excellent. My son attended the school in his early years and now his sister has followed in toe. Not only are the teachers great care givers, they work hard at educating your children.

275 Kingston Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11213
Last modified Arista Prep Academy & Nursery School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Arista Prep Academy & Nursery School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top