Brooklyn, NY
After care: No

Posted April 22, 2015
My friend's daughters go to Brooklyn Amity and they absolutely love it. Besides domestic students, the school also accepts international students. My friend's two daughters are staying at the school's dormitory. They told me that dormitory's staff creates a family-like, warm environment for the residents. The staff is caring and supportive and provides all the necessary accommodations for the residents to feel home. They get academic tutoring and help with homework as well as have various in-dorm and out-of-dorm activities. They have cooking and baking classes,outdoor sports activities, movie nights, fashion and talent shows, etc. Moreover, the dorm's staff organizes various weekend activities to famous NYC sights as well as other states. I have visited my friend's daughters at the school, and I really liked the environment and the staff. The school as well as the dorm is very safe and secure. The girls told me that they get personal attention from their teachers and the school's administration. The school also has a great ESL program that helps international students improve their English. I highly recommend Brooklyn Amity.

Posted April 02, 2015
My daughter is in first grade. Her reading has improved a lot. She loves her schools and her friends. She wants to go to school every morning she wakes up. The school offers a wide range of club activities. My daughter goes to the Lego and Cooking clubs which she enjoys immensly.

Posted March 20, 2015
I have worked for this school for a long time, and I cannot tell you how much fun it is to be a part of the Amity team. Teachers and the rest of the staff work very hard to accomplish the school's mission which is to provide a college preparatory educational program through well-balanced curriculum.

Posted March 18, 2015
Brooklyn Amity School provides a welcoming, safe environment with high rigorous education. The curriculum is aligned with the NY Common COre standards. Rich extra-curricular opportunities are but not limited to Archery, Soccer, Chess, robotics,horseback riding, karate, running, guitar, piano, folk dance and many more.

Posted September 21, 2014
My daughters have been attending Amity School for 3 years now. Small classroom size, caring environment, staff and admin's helpfulness make it feel more like a family. When my girls are back home, they begin planning for the next day immediately. When I go there myself, they make me feel like a part of a large family. I know that my kids are in a safe and welcoming environment and that I do not have to worry about them which was always the case when they were in public school. At first, it may feel like, why pay for school while you could get it for free, but Amity School is very much worth it.

Posted July 02, 2014
This school offers a great education and teaches great student character. As a teacher born in Turkey, raised in the United States, English as my native language, I got to see how much teachers care about student education and teaching good morals and character. The college advisor team consists of 3 hard-working teachers whose goals are to provide the students with the best college choices for their career. The teachers are hard working to have the students exceed the standards and prepare them to the best colleges. In addition, teachers are doing voluntary courteous home visits to students home to build a strong parent-teacher-student triangle. Students coming internationally are well equipped into NY's diverse population and build onto their limited English with fluency communication skills within a year. The students in this school are taught and raised with great moral and personal character traits that very few schools provide nowadays.

Posted July 01, 2014
My children has been attending this school for the past 3 years. This is one of the best school that I have seen in this area. The kids are well trained by the teachers. The music in this school is great. THANK YOU teachers and staff members at Liberty for giving our children the best education.

Posted June 20, 2014
My child has been attending Brooklyn Amity since her freshman year of high school. The school offers a safe and positive learning environment, which is evident from their enthusiastic team of administrators and teachers. I am happy to have found a school that offers a plethora of rigorous courses and a wide range of clubs. My child has had the opportunity to volunteer for various community events, which has inspired her to help those around her. In addition to two AP courses, she was able to compete in an international model united nations conference in Manhattan, NY. I highly recommend this school!

Brooklyn Amity School 1

Posted April 27, 2014
This school is HORRIBLE. They don't care about your education, they care about the money. Dorm students pay 30,000 a year for horrid education(80% of the teachers cant speak English properly). Enough with the negative talk i just want to say that you shouldnt send your child to this school because it's not worth it. Its not diverse and its worse the public school

Brooklyn Amity School 3

Posted February 27, 2014
My child has been in this school recently and i am unsatisfied with the administration and the teachers. First of all half the teachers dont speak proper english themselves and dont even have teachers degree. This money eyeing school only cares about its own reputation then actually care about students education. They are just trying to promote there turkish community to the outside people. They treat students based on their gpa instead of trying to help them out. Oh yeah and if you do send your child to this school make sure you pay on time or else they will take your child out of class and make them sit in the lobby the whole day, they treat students like residents,not students. This school teaches unfairness.

Brooklyn Amity School
3867 Shore Parkway, Brooklyn, NY  11235
Last modified Brooklyn Amity School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Brooklyn Amity School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top