Brooklyn, NY

Posted April 21, 2014
Following-up after my initial review in the fall: My child is a sixth grader here and it is her first year of middle school. All I can say is that she is simply so happy and very proud to be attending this school. The principal is hands-on and for a school in dense NYC the size of the student body is enviable. No kid gets lost in the mix. Also, among the reputable "brownstone-belt" middle schools in Brooklyn I really feel like this is the most diverse both culturally and economically which is hugely important to us. Not to leave out the most important aspect: we could not be more satisfied with the academics. The teachers are the backbone of the school and they are both committed and vigorous. We are very happy parents and child.

Posted May 20, 2013
Ms447 is absolutely amazing! 6th graders are welcomed with open arms. Kids grow strong friendships instantly. Children will learn something new every single day! Teachers actually care, and reach out to you. Cant ask for anything better.

Posted May 15, 2013
MS 447 has outstanding teachers who are really committed to helping all students succeed. Staff and teachers answer emails from parents almost always within 24 hours, often at night and on weekends; responses are informative and helpful. They really partner with you to help your child to get the most out of their middle school experience. Outstanding ASD Nest program for children on the spectrum, with social skills program, outings, and Collaborative team teaching with non -ASD Nest students. Social worker at school is first point of contact when parents have questions, or school wants to let parents know how student is doing. This is a model program in how to do CTT, particularly the Nest program.

Posted April 12, 2013
My child is in 8th grade and we have had nothing but wonderful experiences. Teachers communicate frequently with parents and offer many opportunities for the students to meet and get extra help if needed. The curriculum is engaging and connected without being test prep . In addition, many students were accepted into highly selective and specialized high schools. My own child had gained acceptance to both Bard HS early college and Brooklyn Tech. I couldn t be happier with MS 447.

Posted April 11, 2013
This school is absolutely amazing!!! I ranked this 1st and got in. The teachers are extremely kind and helpful. Overall, I would be absolutely happy if the school stays like this.

Posted April 26, 2012
My child was accepted to Beacon High School as the first choice from this middle school. There were students from the highly rated gifted school Mark Twain, who did not get into Beacon as their first choice, so I am very pleased with this school. I have a very quiet child, who has never had any problems at this school of any kind. The level of communication with the teachers is absolutely STELLAR! The curriculum has been wonderful and exciting, and this is the only public school I'd consider for my youngest child (my middle child attends this same school).

Posted October 14, 2011
I am so happy that my child decided to attend this school. It challenges the students and allows them to think critically and be creative! Although they are expected to complete many projects and they do have a lot of homework, the assignments are appropriate and challenging. Teachers are very supportive of students and will go out of their way to help the students.

Posted June 07, 2011
I am so impressed with the focus on academic studies at this school. The kids are constantly challenged to create great work and present their work in front of the entire community. The math class my daughter is taking is very challengiong for her, but I would rather that she work hard for a B, then breeze through with an A. The teachers are sooo good here at this school

Posted January 20, 2011
THIS SCHOOL IS SO AWESOME!!! It has a great curriculum, with great teachers, and even better, more encouraging kids. It rocks to be a student here, and if you ever come, tell Ms. Hughes that Milo said hi. Seriously, come here.

The Math And Science Exploratory School 0

Posted May 21, 2010
Keep a high standard of excellence in spite of having a policy of admitting students across ELA scores. Behavior is a major criterion. Many kids get into acclaimed and specialized HS. Innovative program where students go on weekly trips to educational sites pending on what they're studying at the moment: Botanic Garden, Aquarium, Prospect Park, etc.

The Math And Science Exploratory School
345 Dean Street, Brooklyn, NY  11217
Last modified The Math And Science Exploratory School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Math And Science Exploratory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top