Posted May 20, 2013
I was hesitant to send my son to New Horizons because of the low rating but I liked the small school approach and decided to try it. I am glad I did. My sons teachers are amazing and provide individualized attention as much as possible, great communication with parents via engrade. He has excelled academically and socially.

Posted May 26, 2011
My daughter has done very well in the 6th grade here. She hated reading in 5th grade and now I see her reading all the time without having to prompt her. Her teachers are caring and she has shown more interest in her classwork since starting at New Horizons.

Posted May 26, 2011
New Horizons is a safe, clean learning enviornment that offers students a chance to excell. The staff is highly qualified and dedicated and the principal has a clear vision for the school. There is a high teacher to student ratio, so students often work in small groups and get one on one attention.

New Horizons School 0

Posted January 17, 2010
My child is a special ed student in 6th grade. I have found the teachers and the administration committed and effective. My child is enjoying school and learning a lot. The special ed and mainstream kids seem to get along well.

New Horizons School 3

Posted March 30, 2009

New Horizons School 2

Posted October 13, 2005
Very serious social issues in this school. Staff seems in over their heads. They mix special education students with regular education students and the mix does not work very well as far as productivity goes. Parental involvement is seen as a hindrance to the agenda of the staff and for the most part, discouraged.

New Horizons School
317 Hoyt St, Brooklyn, NY  11231
Last modified New Horizons School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Horizons School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.