Park Slope Collegiate 4

Posted November 22, 2013
I am the parent of a 6th grader and we are having a wonderful year so far. The 6th grade teachers are highly responsive to the diverse learners in the classroom and the principal is an inspirational leader and a lovely person with great vision, patience, and experience. PSC is a very close-knit community, embarking on a new path this year to bring diversity to a school that has great potential to educate and transform young people from all backgrounds and all ability levels. My son is challenged academically and supported by a social curriculum that places high value on compassion and respect. We're proud to be a part of this community!

Park Slope Collegiate 2

Posted December 05, 2010
I feel the school has potential if the parents get involved. There is so much violence in that school. The metal detectors just prevent the children from bringing weapons into the school, yet they are free to use their fists in the hall. The staff IS CARING and the principal has a great vision for the school which has gone a long way from 5 yrs ago. But unless the parents and children pitch in, the school with always have that reputation of being violent.

Posted October 13, 2010
Secondary School for Research has potential but no resources. We need a stronger parent involvement. These kids are wonderful and are eager to learn but there is not resources. Please help our kids get the education they deserve. Gloria

Posted April 29, 2010
Secondary School for Research has a lot of potential. We need more Parent involvement. When our children see parents in the school you can see through their eyes how much it means to them. So come on Parents get involved in your childrens education. This is a one shot deal. Make time

Park Slope Collegiate 5

Posted July 03, 2009

Park Slope Collegiate 5

Posted May 12, 2009
This is a excellent school to prepare your child for college, the college counselor they have goes beyond his call of duty to assure your child is know by all the colleges. not only he prepares them but he help guide your child all the way thru the process and paper work need. I would give the school two tombs up all the way.

Posted April 29, 2009
I am the parent of a 7th grader. My son's first year at this school was good. He had two teachers that were wonderful and caring. They updated me and answered all my e-mails. 7th grade is soo frustrating. I asked each teacher to update me on homework and I never get an update. Only one teacher communicates with me. So when Parent Teacher Conference comes around is when I get the news that my son is missing homeworks. I provide each teacher with my home and work e-mail and phone numbers. I do feel that this school has potential to improve.

Park Slope Collegiate 4

Posted July 27, 2006
The principal is very caring and sencire to the needs of the parents and children, I believe she will be making wonderful, and better changes to enhance her school. Overall this is an excellent school. More structure should be given to the childern in there career of choice. There should be an online PTA meeting at least once a month for those parents who work. Teachers should call more often to announce when there child needs more help so that parent and teacher can organize more structure in the childs academic studies. I really love this school, it has much potential to grow. Jill Bloomberg you and your staff are doing a great job, keep up the good work. (NW)parent

Park Slope Collegiate
237 7th Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11215
Last modified Park Slope Collegiate is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Slope Collegiate Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.