Bad
Good

I love everyone that has worked with my son and those who continue to work with him,before this school I was lost and my son was out o control,this school changed my whole life and my sons for the best,thank you and I love you all

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I love my sons former teacher miss bongiorno,she was amazing with my baby,and his new teacher miss Jackie glick,she is amazing

I can not say which is worse the administration or the educators! Don't even think of sending someone you actually love here.

My son first week school. I heard a parent & teacher say its good school. My son has autism, he doesn't know how to read & write. Hopefully, this school will able to train him to become a successful person!

My has been going to PS 231 for three years. He has made great progress and the school has a great staff. The personnel (from the Principal to the teachers, aides, paraprofessionals) are very accessible and truly work with parents to maximize the children's potential. Great school.

This school has exhibited the principals very capable leadership as well as her philosophy of students first and always. I will always be greatful for the caliber of staff at this school . From the P.A. right on through to the Principal everyone is focused on the growth of the child in all of the possible ways that it may be achieved. This school does not accept limitations it pushes them all the time and with wonderful results. God Bless the staff of P.S. 231

My son attends P.S. 231 @ P.S. 238. He has been going there for 5 years now and what a positive difference there has been in his development. P.S. 231 has a strong leadership team ranging from our amazing & supportive principal & Assistant Vice Principals to the great site coordinators, teachers, counselors and related service providers. The entire staff at P.S. 231 not only provides the finest academic, services and support to our children but they truly invest in each student. They look not only at the class but each child individually which is so important when you have a child with special needs. Next to their home and family environment, the staff at P.S. 231 knows our children in depth which is so critical to their development, success and their happiness. They focus on all facets of our children's development - academic, related services & daily living skills which you don't find in so many other schools. When I send my son to school each day, I don't worry about him at P.S. 231 - I know he is safe, learning each day and happy. That is a big relief to a parent that heads to work everyday and has a child with special needs.

This school is absolutely one of the greatest and I m sooooooo very glad that I chose them for my son. He s been in their care for seven years and has progressed leaps and bounds. I m proud of him and I am proud of the care P. 231 has provided him. My son has had the best loving and nurturing teachers and support staff the entire time he has been there. Any issues that may have developed were handled immediately and effectively. The administrative staff is wonderful and accessible. I have four kids in four different schools and I can t always participate in everyone s PTA. However, I found that P. 231 was the school I had to worry about the least. I give kudos all the way around to each site (special shout out to James the parent coordinator and Nia the wonderful counselor). My son has one more year and then it s on to the next level (to which P. 231 staff have been discussing his next move already). Thanks and much love to you all. Carol White

My son is in his third year at PS 231 and has shown amazing progress. The entire staff, including administrators, teachers, therapists, and parent coordinator are very approachable and helpful. The PTA and parent involvement is very strong. Highly recommend

Since my daughter started at this school 6 months ago, she's already showing progress. The staff there are helpful and friendly. And the parent coordinator is very resourceful and kind. So far, they've been excellent.

Last modified P.S. 231 is a Public school that serves grades K-8