Brooklyn, NY

P.S. 231 1

Posted May 24, 2013
I can not say which is worse the administration or the educators! Don't even think of sending someone you actually love here.

Posted May 16, 2013
i love this school,my son has learned so much ever since we started ,i love his teachers,i would not trade this school for no other

P.S. 231 4

Posted July 19, 2012
My son first week school. I heard a parent & teacher say its good school. My son has autism, he doesn't know how to read & write. Hopefully, this school will able to train him to become a successful person!

Posted June 29, 2012
My has been going to PS 231 for three years. He has made great progress and the school has a great staff. The personnel (from the Principal to the teachers, aides, paraprofessionals) are very accessible and truly work with parents to maximize the children's potential. Great school.

Posted April 09, 2012
This school has exhibited the principals very capable leadership as well as her philosophy of students first and always. I will always be greatful for the caliber of staff at this school . From the P.A. right on through to the Principal everyone is focused on the growth of the child in all of the possible ways that it may be achieved. This school does not accept limitations it pushes them all the time and with wonderful results. God Bless the staff of P.S. 231

Posted April 01, 2012
My son attends P.S. 231 @ P.S. 238. He has been going there for 5 years now and what a positive difference there has been in his development. P.S. 231 has a strong leadership team ranging from our amazing & supportive principal & Assistant Vice Principals to the great site coordinators, teachers, counselors and related service providers. The entire staff at P.S. 231 not only provides the finest academic, services and support to our children but they truly invest in each student. They look not only at the class but each child individually which is so important when you have a child with special needs. Next to their home and family environment, the staff at P.S. 231 knows our children in depth which is so critical to their development, success and their happiness. They focus on all facets of our children's development - academic, related services & daily living skills which you don't find in so many other schools. When I send my son to school each day, I don't worry about him at P.S. 231 - I know he is safe, learning each day and happy. That is a big relief to a parent that heads to work everyday and has a child with special needs.

Posted March 30, 2012
This school is absolutely one of the greatest and I m sooooooo very glad that I chose them for my son. He s been in their care for seven years and has progressed leaps and bounds. I m proud of him and I am proud of the care P. 231 has provided him. My son has had the best loving and nurturing teachers and support staff the entire time he has been there. Any issues that may have developed were handled immediately and effectively. The administrative staff is wonderful and accessible. I have four kids in four different schools and I can t always participate in everyone s PTA. However, I found that P. 231 was the school I had to worry about the least. I give kudos all the way around to each site (special shout out to James the parent coordinator and Nia the wonderful counselor). My son has one more year and then it s on to the next level (to which P. 231 staff have been discussing his next move already). Thanks and much love to you all. Carol White

Posted March 26, 2012
My son is in his third year at PS 231 and has shown amazing progress. The entire staff, including administrators, teachers, therapists, and parent coordinator are very approachable and helpful. The PTA and parent involvement is very strong. Highly recommend

Posted March 22, 2012
Since my daughter started at this school 6 months ago, she's already showing progress. The staff there are helpful and friendly. And the parent coordinator is very resourceful and kind. So far, they've been excellent.

P.S. 231 4

Posted March 21, 2012
My son has been at student at P 231 at PS 180 and currently PS 238. It has been hard raising a child with ADHD and boarderline autism who has speech delay. However, P231's staff and Administration have helped to make it easier. Every staff member (teacher, speech therapist, OT, PT and counselor) have helped improved my son's outcomes. Principal Foti has incorporated parents suggestions and DOE staff input to create a positive curriculum for special needed children. This year my son has reached all his scheduled goals and is now progressing to next leave. Currently, the school has incorporated yoga and emotional literacy to help children focus better.

P.S. 231