Posted May 18, 2014
Saint Anns is amazing. Its a safe and open place where students can express themselves however they wish to.

St Ann's School 1

Posted May 12, 2014
As a neighbor who liveson the same street, I am witness to the bad manners and inconsiderate behavior of the students as they congregate outside the school . They are oblivious to passersby and seem to be out on the street at various times during they day with no supervision. Today two young teenage boys almost knocked me over as they crossed in front of me to go into the school. I would not recommend this school to family or friends or to anyone who believes that good manners and social skills are important. These children, many of them are just badly behaved.

Posted May 08, 2014
Being at Saint Ann's since kindergarten and continuing on to my current ninth grade level, I can honestly say it has been an amazing experience. The teachers are phenomenal! Most are completely over qualified, ranging from Harvard lecturers to published authors, to doctors. If you as a student have the motivation and determination then you will thrive in the environment that Saint Ann's harbors. Contrary to the general vibe that I've gotten with other reviews, the school is only unstructured if you choose it to be. If you spend as little amount of time as possible on homework and school work then the 40k a year is a ridiculously overpriced expenditure. If you put all of the school's resources to good use then you may achieve anything under the stars. The curriculum, if properly applied, can get you past college level courses and into territory that was previously thought to be unreachable in high school. The school falls nothing short of AMAZING The only cons: The gym department isn't the greatest. Semi-con: There are no grade-wide tests. Some teachers give finals/midterms, some don't. The only "grades" you receive are written essays from each teacher on progress in class.

Posted November 05, 2013
Have 3 kids there and it is a really unique place. No one aspires to be captain of football team...becauset there is no football team. Instead students try to differentiate themselves by speaking multiple languages and playing multipe insturments. Yes unstructured, but for the right kids is very powerful as they are constatntly asked to decide what is important to them. Kids end up investing a lot of time into their passions. Teachers are for most part fantastic. Culture is powerful and kids that go there realize they are in special place. Despite no grades policy, feedback is copious. The fact that best colleges and universities treat St Anns grads so extraordinarly well speaks to the fulfilmnet of the ultimate goal, creating very passionate, questioning, and ultimately talented and enthusiastic young people. Only negative is almost a positive...they treat all kids like they are most talented kids in the world. So kids have pretty healthy egos. Overall, probably one of the best schools around for kids that don't need a lot of structure.

St Ann's School 3

Posted August 17, 2013
The teachers are nurturing and the class subjects interesting, but the school is very unstructured, and does not expect students to study until middle school (4th grade), which is late to instill good study habits. Basics such as spelling and grammar are not corrected at all in lower school. We decided to pull our child out because we worried it does not prepare a child to compete in higher education levels.

Posted June 29, 2012
excellent school, i have 3 nieces there and will likely apply for my daughter to attend over the next 1-2 years. highly recommended by a few friends as well.

St Ann's School 1

Posted November 30, 2011
They are insincere.... don't buy it for a minute. Public schools in the area are much better and real.

Posted July 13, 2010
The experience that both of my Son's had attending St.Anns will be with them for the rest of their lives.The curriculum that was offered to them was second to none and as well rounded and diverse as any parent could ask for.I believe the values and the quality of the education received has helped them ,throughout their educational experience and I am appy to state that both of my Son's graduated from St. Ann's and attended Universities ,which they were well prepared for and have graduated .

St Ann's School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
My child attended St. Ann's and I felt that the school was more into patting my child on the back then teaching. We were unhappy at St. Ann's, and moved onto Dalton, and so far my husband and I are very happy with our child's education.

St Ann's School 0

Posted January 20, 2010
I respectfully disagree with Sarah's comment. St. Ann's students are not 'all loud and charasmatic' and, in fact, one of the best things about the school is that teachers take the time to hear what the quiet and less-extroverted kids have to say. If you are a parent looking at Saint Ann's, send your child there. It will be the best decision you ever make for him or her. Saint Ann's reinforces a culture of learning that has helped me excel not only while I was there but also at the college that I now attend. I would not trade my time at Saint Ann's for anything and give it a large chunk of credit for the person I am today.

St Ann's School