No rating

St. Stanislaus Kostka School

Private | PK-8 | 185 students

Student diversity

Living in Brooklyn

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $507,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,440.

Posted April 3, 2014

My child has been at St Stan s for Pre k3 and Pre k 4. The school is warm and the staff is very caring. My son asks me every morning what day it is and then tells me what enrichment activity is scheduled; Tuesday is art, Thursday gym, and Friday computer. He loves his teacher, his friends and the children from the other grades. My child has friends of all ages on the playground now because the children truly share a community at St Stanislaus. His social and emotional grow this as important as his academic success. He has been introduced to our faith and is developing his spirituality, which will help him make good choices in the future in the complicated world he is growing up in. My child has food allergies and the school worked with me to make sure he was safe, there is a high level of allergy awareness and because other children have nut allergies, the class room is nut free. I feel I have a voice at this school and my child has been happy and successful there.

Posted April 2, 2014

St. Stan's is a wonderful school that fosters intellects and instills self confidence in its students. On top of rigorous academics, emphasis is placed on community, compassion, and creativity. The school's small class sizes and experienced teachers assure parents that students are receiving a high level of personal attention. The leadership, particularly the principal, effectively encourages parental involvement and maintains the school's sense of family. Overall, we couldn't be more pleased with the education our daughter is receiving.

Posted March 19, 2014

I have 2 children I'm St. Stan's and I am amazed by how much they have learned academically. The students at St. Stan's are well rounded children. They are educated, respectful, and caring to all. The teachers are great and we are very thankful for St . Stan's .

Posted January 8, 2014

I love the small class sizes, the great sense of community and the academics at this school. My daughter loves going to school every day and I'm confident she is safe, happy and getting a great education. The principal is wonderful and really cares about the kids. The school is very academically focused. In addition to the academics, the school provides great computer, art, music and gym classes.

Posted June 4, 2013

St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy is a great school. The teachers are all well qualified and truly care about their students. In addition to academics the children attend gym, computer, art, music and Spanish. St. Stan's also offers many different afterschool activities/clubs for all age groups.

Posted May 31, 2013

St. Stanislaus Kostka results in Overall excellence! I have two children in this school and I continue to be impressed by the well rounded solid education they are both receiving. All subjects areas are taught and there are many opportunies for enrichment. The teachers have experience and are passionate about their jobs. They truly care about the children and provide an excellent academic experience. In addition to the strong academics, the school has an amazing gym, art, music and computer program. Both of my children have Smartboards in their classrooms! The school is small, and all of the children know one another. All of the parents look out for one another's children. We have become a tight knit family of friends. Once my children walk through the doors of St. Stan's, I know they will be safe and come home at the end of the day telling me what a great day they had. Bravo to the teachers, administration and school staff for creating and maintaining such a fabulous learning environment!

Posted May 30, 2013

St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy is a hidden gem - the best elementary school in Greenpoint/Williamsburg. Many parents in our growing neighborhood either focus on public schools or new charter schools but St. Stan's as it is affectionately known has been educating well-rounded, civic-minded students for decades. The teachers have years of experience. The curriculum is strong. The community is solid. Overall, the school is very academically focused (as opposed to a Reggio approach), with homework and even spelling tests starting in Kindergarten. This is balanced with a dedication to the arts (a spring show, a school musical, and a music supplement in the curriculum) and to community service. The main classroom teachers as well as the special subject teachers guide the children's learning with dedication and patience. The children are supportive of each other across all grade levels - the best example of the caring and family atmosphere that is fostered at St. Stan's. It is precisely this atmosphere - this community - that I trust to take care of my child. I am confident that my child is safe and getting the best education she can. (and I love the uniforms too!)

Posted November 15, 2012

I have two kids at this school. This school is a great school,because it does not focus just on math and English language skills but also on science, social studies, art,music, physical development (gym). The child gains wide knowledge about the world they live. There is also place for parental involvement in this school. Parents have their voice heard in making decisions for school. The classes are not so crowded. Teachers are friendly and know how to motivate the children to learn because they incorporate in the process of learning a lot of fun activities. There is opportunity for the children to join the club like cooking club, drama club an others, which are offered after school. There is also,offered free after school program, which takes place in the buildings of new Mc Carren pool. Spring shows and Christmas shows prepared by misic teacher Bozena Konkiel are different each year and the wole schoo is involved in this event. This school year (2012) there was held first meet the parents dance in order to bring together parents specially of new children in our school. It was succesful event.

Posted March 26, 2011

This school offers a quality education and "stress free" testing grades. Their focus is on the whole child. The school faculty is dedicated, caring teachers who work hard and want the child to learn to the best of their ability. This school is highly recommended by me and my two children who attend.

Posted March 18, 2010

This school is very expensive and doesnt give as much education if you really want your child going to a catholic school then choose another but if you rather save your money and get better education then go to PS 34 its almost the same distance. My child has gone to saint stans and she has gotten bullied !

Posted March 12, 2010

Don't send your child to this school. Save your money, they will get the same education or better at a public school. Even with a 'catholic' education some children in this school have no manners and are mean to other children. There are no activities for the children. They organize many events throughout the year to raise money to keep the school open. The facilities are lacking. Please don't bother with this school.

Posted September 25, 2009

This excellent school offers art, music, computer (starting in Kindergarten!), etc After school activities are also available in a safe environment. Classes are small.

Posted December 8, 2008

The best school to send your kids to learn, teachers are very caring and dedicated.

Posted October 20, 2008

I currently have one child attending the school and another that recently graduated. I find that the Principal, Sr. Dorothea, labors tirelessly for the benefit of the students. She has been the catalyst for the many improvement to the curriculum and learning environment throughout the past 10 years or so. She exhibits the patience of a saint when dealing with the children, parents and their issues. The quality of teachers at the school has been consistently excellent. The teaching staff continuosly displays a high level of patience and understanding in educating our children. They also make themselves readily available to parent to address their concerns. St. Stanislaus offers a number of extra curricular activities for the children: Drama club, Band, Sodality( religious for girls) as well as an Athletic league that offers both intramural and CYO level sports.

• Christina Cieloszczyk
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious