St. Stanislaus Kostka School 1

Posted December 04, 2014
Horrible experience! Cold, unfriendly does not care about student or probably staff morale. Money completed wasted with my child going there. At the end of year, workbooks never used an completely blank. Even the yearbook had "snarky" remarks printed in it. Some students are rude and totally inappropriate. Racist and sexual comments and situations, never addressed and blown off. So cheap they will not heat the gym or church. My child hated Catholicism when they left. It wasn't until she went to a Catholic HS that cared about and nurtured students, she came back around to believing in God. Please save your money and go somewhere else. The teachers still handwritten their tests, do they not have a computer? Terrible, substandard and cold as ice!

Posted November 12, 2014
I have 2 children in pre k and 2 nd grade and i just couldnt be more greatful for this school. Teachers and staff are very caring to the students and parents. We had some experience with public schools and i am glad my children go to st stans now. There is a higher level of care and community. Children are creatively engaged in their academics. There are great clubs and activities offered. Moreover, both of my children love going to this school and i couldnt be more happier.

Posted April 03, 2014
My child has been at St Stan s for Pre k3 and Pre k 4. The school is warm and the staff is very caring. My son asks me every morning what day it is and then tells me what enrichment activity is scheduled; Tuesday is art, Thursday gym, and Friday computer. He loves his teacher, his friends and the children from the other grades. My child has friends of all ages on the playground now because the children truly share a community at St Stanislaus. His social and emotional grow this as important as his academic success. He has been introduced to our faith and is developing his spirituality, which will help him make good choices in the future in the complicated world he is growing up in. My child has food allergies and the school worked with me to make sure he was safe, there is a high level of allergy awareness and because other children have nut allergies, the class room is nut free. I feel I have a voice at this school and my child has been happy and successful there.

Posted April 02, 2014
St. Stan's is a wonderful school that fosters intellects and instills self confidence in its students. On top of rigorous academics, emphasis is placed on community, compassion, and creativity. The school's small class sizes and experienced teachers assure parents that students are receiving a high level of personal attention. The leadership, particularly the principal, effectively encourages parental involvement and maintains the school's sense of family. Overall, we couldn't be more pleased with the education our daughter is receiving.

Posted March 19, 2014
I have 2 children I'm St. Stan's and I am amazed by how much they have learned academically. The students at St. Stan's are well rounded children. They are educated, respectful, and caring to all. The teachers are great and we are very thankful for St . Stan's .

Posted January 08, 2014
I love the small class sizes, the great sense of community and the academics at this school. My daughter loves going to school every day and I'm confident she is safe, happy and getting a great education. The principal is wonderful and really cares about the kids. The school is very academically focused. In addition to the academics, the school provides great computer, art, music and gym classes.

Posted June 04, 2013
St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy is a great school. The teachers are all well qualified and truly care about their students. In addition to academics the children attend gym, computer, art, music and Spanish. St. Stan's also offers many different afterschool activities/clubs for all age groups.

Posted May 31, 2013
St. Stanislaus Kostka results in Overall excellence! I have two children in this school and I continue to be impressed by the well rounded solid education they are both receiving. All subjects areas are taught and there are many opportunies for enrichment. The teachers have experience and are passionate about their jobs. They truly care about the children and provide an excellent academic experience. In addition to the strong academics, the school has an amazing gym, art, music and computer program. Both of my children have Smartboards in their classrooms! The school is small, and all of the children know one another. All of the parents look out for one another's children. We have become a tight knit family of friends. Once my children walk through the doors of St. Stan's, I know they will be safe and come home at the end of the day telling me what a great day they had. Bravo to the teachers, administration and school staff for creating and maintaining such a fabulous learning environment!

St. Stanislaus Kostka School 4

Posted May 30, 2013
St. Stanislaus Kostka Catholic Academy is a hidden gem - the best elementary school in Greenpoint/Williamsburg. Many parents in our growing neighborhood either focus on public schools or new charter schools but St. Stan's as it is affectionately known has been educating well-rounded, civic-minded students for decades. The teachers have years of experience. The curriculum is strong. The community is solid. Overall, the school is very academically focused (as opposed to a Reggio approach), with homework and even spelling tests starting in Kindergarten. This is balanced with a dedication to the arts (a spring show, a school musical, and a music supplement in the curriculum) and to community service. The main classroom teachers as well as the special subject teachers guide the children's learning with dedication and patience. The children are supportive of each other across all grade levels - the best example of the caring and family atmosphere that is fostered at St. Stan's. It is precisely this atmosphere - this community - that I trust to take care of my child. I am confident that my child is safe and getting the best education she can. (and I love the uniforms too!)

Posted November 15, 2012
I have two kids at this school. This school is a great school,because it does not focus just on math and English language skills but also on science, social studies, art,music, physical development (gym). The child gains wide knowledge about the world they live. There is also place for parental involvement in this school. Parents have their voice heard in making decisions for school. The classes are not so crowded. Teachers are friendly and know how to motivate the children to learn because they incorporate in the process of learning a lot of fun activities. There is opportunity for the children to join the club like cooking club, drama club an others, which are offered after school. There is also,offered free after school program, which takes place in the buildings of new Mc Carren pool. Spring shows and Christmas shows prepared by misic teacher Bozena Konkiel are different each year and the wole schoo is involved in this event. This school year (2012) there was held first meet the parents dance in order to bring together parents specially of new children in our school. It was succesful event.

St. Stanislaus Kostka School
12 Newell St, Brooklyn, NY  11222
(718) 383-1970
Last modified St. Stanislaus Kostka School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Stanislaus Kostka School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top