Public charter
Brooklyn, NY

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 22, 2015
My child spent elementary and middle school at HCCS. My child developed a condition from young which required an IEP, which went undetected till HS. These teachers are not equipped to spot test anxiety or any learning disability. If the child doesn't perform academically, these frustrated children are usually labeled as a troubled or worse ACS is wrongfully called.

Hellenic Classical Charter School 5

Posted July 12, 2015
Our child's academics have went up dramatically from a public school. The staff is amazing you can speak to all teachers without a hassle. They address any concern you may have. It's a great feeling knowing your child is taken care of in a safe and healthy environment.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 12, 2015
Every homework assigned is from the work they have addressed in class that day. I could look at my child's notes for that day and understand how to help my child with his homework.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 12, 2015
Every teacher takes the time out to help students in all areas of need. If I feel like my child needs help, I reach out and the help is administered.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 12, 2015
students have great respect for their school and it shows. The students art work, school work and picture decorate all the walls and windows of the school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 12, 2015
I transferred my son from a public school to Hellenic. Hellenic took the time to learn my son and help bring him to the level of greatness that he can achieve. My son loves going to school everyday and brags to his friends about the level of learning he is receiving for his grade level. You see and feel the compassion everyone has foe each other and it makes you want to pinch yourself to see if it is real.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 12, 2015
100% hands down Hellenic classical promotes honesty, integrity ans fairness. Each and every staff and student is held accountable for their actions. This is why they have succeeded for so many years and have had the ability to expand their build. Helping students reach their full potential is what they strive for and I see it in my own child.

Hellenic Classical Charter School 5

Posted July 12, 2015
It is always welcoming when you are greeted by your name from staff member and administration. When you walk into the school you feel the love everyone has for each other. They welcome you with open arms and make you feel at ease when dropping off your children.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 12, 2015
All the teacher set high expectations for all students to achieve greatness. They all push the students to their maximum ability and they never give up on the student.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 10, 2015
Its acceptable. I like the reading and the research. They do not give too much HW.

646 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11215
Last modified Hellenic Classical Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hellenic Classical Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top