Posted November 19, 2014
HCCS is an amazing school! I currently have three children attending this school and I couldn't be happier. The school board, administration and faculty are very hard working and dedicated people. Their energy and dedication to the school is unbelievable. The teachers and support staff work tirelessly to help the students achieve their goals. The school continually ranks above the city and state on NYS test scores.

Posted October 07, 2014
I love the involvement with the teachers and the principals with my daughter and the educational opportunities that are offered like learning Greek. My daughter wish they when to the 12 grade.

Posted April 21, 2014
On kindergarten children are writing at college level.With a lot of reading,writing and math homework, students build their stamina in early grade. Also,I learn to speak Greek with my two children from Hccs,isn't that great! Ms Tetronis, the principal, is very warm and open. Besides you can't miss Ms Joy smile and kindness. The staff is great. It's feel like each of them is family member. No child leave the Building without Miss Michelle attention. She knows each of them by their names associates with the parent' s face. Do not need to worry about safety.My children love to go to school.one suggestion is that the school needs to do more work to help students stay positive about themselves .

Posted April 20, 2014
HCCS is the best school! I graduated from HCCS and went to one of the best HS. I wish HCCS had a HS so I would not leave! That is how much I love this school. If you want to learn and agree to work hard then you should consider HCCS as your school. The teachers are so much fun and love all their students. Mrs. Tettonis is always doing things for the students to make them happy and to allow them to have a voice. We would go on trips for free, our field day was so much fun and our senior trip was the best! Thank you to HCCS for giving me lots of memories and allowing me to be myself. And if you miss your mom during the day, you always have Ms. Joy, Ms. Natasha and Ms. Etimos to go too. Miss them and all the fun times and talks. HCCS # 1 School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellenic Classical Charter School 1

Posted April 19, 2014
This school is terrible. Don t even waste your time here. Kids who go to this school go only because they re forced, and because the teachers somehow manage to reassure the parents every parent teacher night. Try dyker heights or any other public school. Don t try HCCS. It s completely disgusting and terrible. I have gone there for nine years and was a student so trust me just don t go there. AT ALL

Posted December 17, 2013
HCCS is a great school, and has been a wonderful experience for my daughter. The staff and faculty are amazing! The principal is an exceptional leader, and she has the support of a talented, smart group in her administration. My daughter thrived there, and I can't thank you all enough. My only problem is, we're now so spoiled, because you've set a really high standard!!!!

Posted September 08, 2012
Looking forward to another great year at HCCS! My son's in 5th grade and actually looks forward to school. The staff and teacher's are caring & talented and the fact that they learn to speak and write Greek in addition to everything else makes it that much better. And uniforms are a big plus too! (Tho they do love the 'dress down days'!) This year's construction will pose some challenges but I'm sure they'll deal with it the best they can and in the end it'll be totally worth it.

Posted September 07, 2012
HCCS is more than a school it is a family. The principal is GREAT, she is someone whom is understanding and caring. She is wonderful to her staff and and respects her students. I have always been welcomed by her whenever I visit the school. She returns phone calls, e mail making her accessible if needed. She has led HCCS in a path of success and I am proud that my son decided to finish his middle school years with HCCS. The office staff is also great, Ms. Joyce, Ms. Joy and Ms. Natasha , just to name a few are awesome, but they to are also caring and responsive to any situation presented. I have never had an issue with the staff and I wish them continued success in the operating of such a wonderful school. Teachers at at HCCS are very involved with their students, they help prepare students for important tests and promote learning and academics at what I believe higher than normal standard. The only disadvantage to HCCS is that they are not a high school. I wish the entire HCCS a great and successful school year. I will see you all soon again. Shelly

Posted December 13, 2011
Overall I Love this school. There's no other school in NY where the principal/staff member stand infront of theschool everyday to greet the kids/parents. Mrs M and Ms Kathy are amazing at their job. The class sizes are very small so your child gets the one on one help that they deserve. The curriculum is very challenging, lots of homework, but I wouldn't change it for world. However, I would love to see the overall math/reading scores increase and the prinicpal Mrs Tettonis has implemented programs to get that issue addressed, from hiring more teachers to a more vigorous math and reading program. However, she can't accomplish this goal without the help from parents. Keep up the great work HCCS:)

Posted December 12, 2011
I have worked in some of our local schools and I must tell you that HCCS is one of the most wonderful places to come to everyday!!! I travel pretty far every morning to get my kids to school on time and weather I"m having a good or bad day,there is nothing like receiving a warm smile and hug every morning from the staff at hccs who by the way are outside everyday!!!!RAIN OR SHINE!!! I feel so lucky everyday that my kids get to be around such caring and devoted Teachers &Staff...I'm soo honored to call HCCS... My kids home away from home!!!!

Hellenic Classical Charter School
646 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11215
Last modified Hellenic Classical Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hellenic Classical Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top