Bad
Good

This school is a very successful school in performance and academics. This school term 2014-2015 the school is facing a serious situation. The enrollment has dropped drastically because of the co-location charter school in the building. The Principal has a very good relationship with the PTA and PAC Board Members. They work in collaboration to make things successful for the students in the school. The teachers work very hard with the students and parents. They reach out to the parents and have one on one meetings to discuss students assessments. The classroom size is not overcrowded.

Overall I must say that the teachers at this school are amazing and truely care about the success of the students. That being said, I think otherwise about the person who was principal in the spring of 2006. I was hired as a special education teacher right out of college and this school was such a horrible experience that I thought about leaving the teaching profession altogether. The principal never supported my authority in the classroom and would even criticize me in front of the students. He would manhandle the students when they misbehaved. He allowed parents to come in my classroom and slap their kids in front of the class. The kids were completely out of hand and instead of following up with detentions, suspensions, something, he would simply tell me to call their parents over and over which did absolutely nothing. I think the school was great for students in general education classes, but the principal did not have the same expectations of the students in special education. I now teach in PA and LOVE IT! My administrators are amazing and supporttive. I'm glad my experience at this violent, high stress school did not ruin it for me.

I love teaching at my school. We have great teachers willing to listen and help students achieve academic success.

This school at the beginning of my daughter's middle school experience was great. Then the princpal changed and it has been a struggle to get to that same point again. Now in 8th grade, I wish any parent luck when appling their child in.

This school is the best I have ever gone 2. Every1 is nice and the school is also really fun. I never want to leave

well i acully love kappa v it is a good schhol that love the kids and good decilpine

this school gave me a good experience and i still miss this school when Mr. Shepard was there because he was the best principle you could have ever asked for but now that hes gone i don't care because they took away the best thing from the school and it was my principal.

I go to this school and thiz is the best school i ever been to and the teachers care about you a lot and will not let anything happen to you

it opens a varity of oppertunities for kids like me.

I just had to right a review for the best middle school out there. Kappa V, has it all. The teacher care so much about you and can talk with you with a level where you and the teacher see eye to eye. The classes are fun, and i have not once fallen asleep in class (unlike now), Principle Shepard is Fun and strict, and keeps all of the students litteraly in line, i have learned to live with uniform for three years. I graduated in '07 with over a 97 average and I had fun doing it. The students there now should appreciate a good thing while they have it because high school is not easy. I loved this school and the staff and students showed me the greatest years of my life so far. Kappa has a very bright future indeed!

Last modified Knowledge And Power Prep Academy V is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.