Posted February 07, 2014
This is the best middle school ever!!!! I am in the 6th grade and I love my school, teachers, friends and I'm happy I was chosen for one of the 55 seats to go here. This was my 2nd choice school but it should have been my 1st. This was my parents 1st choice and I'm glad I'm here. I've learned so much and this is my first year. My favorite subjects are Math, Science and Humanities and I love having regular gym classes, drama and art. I have awesome friends and wouldn't want to attend any other school.

Posted January 12, 2014
This is our daughter's first year attending middle school and we love it!! The teacher's are excellent, the curriculum is appropriately challenging and the teachers avail themselves for extra student assistance. Our daughter FINALLY understands and enjoys math and science thanks to Ms. Steiner and the Humanities teacher Ms. Visich is amazing!! There are more wonderful teachers but I wanted to highlight non arts related teachers. Our daughter has always been excited about learning but now she's sad if she can't go to school due to having a cold. The Principal recognizes children by name and is doing an absolutely wonderful job. Best decision ever!!

Posted April 15, 2013
my daughter has been at Arts and Letters for 2 years now and she is thriving. her teachers are amazing - smart, loving, inspiring - she loves going to school everyday. the administration works closely with the teachers to create a unified cohesive school where children are known and heard.

Posted March 31, 2013
My daughter started in the 1st grade here and she loves to go to school here even as we have to walk a mile. It is the ideas and presentations from the teachers nd staff that make it an upcoming new school(I am speaking about the lower grades at A&L). The community is here on every level with out interfering with the individuality of the teachers. Glad we switched to this school from over crowded Park Slope.

Posted October 13, 2012
This is my daughter's second year at the A&L elementary school. We love it! The community is diverse and supportive of each other and the school's mission. The academics are well thought out and stellar. The teachers are wonderful!

Posted April 18, 2011
I have twins (boy & girl) attending UAAAL in 6th grade and both are doing extremely well. The principal is steadfast in the quality of education given to the students. The dedication of the teachers is phenomenal. My son went from a 65 and 69 in his first and second quarter math, respectively, to an 86 in the third! That's because the teachers and afterschool staff worked tirelessly with him morning, noon and during after school hours. My daughter is encouraged to express her artistic side in so many different ways and the art exhibitions of all the children are fantastic. Another great attribute is the Citizen School, a free after-school program that only requires parent and student commitment. The children apprentice in different companies, such as AOL, Google, etc. The PA spirit is high but needs more parent involvement. Arts & Letters is an A+++ middle school in a school system that is near to failing.

Posted February 27, 2011
Excellent school and staff. My daughter enjoys going to school everyday rain, sleek or snow. The afterschool programs is wonderful.

Posted February 17, 2011
This school has been a warm, nurturing environment that promoted my child's self confidence in a way that has been extremely beneficial to his learning experience. The teachers are by and large passionate and well versed in differentiated learning. The focus on critical thinking and on character prepares the students not only for high school and college but for life.

Urban Assembly Academy Of Arts And Letters 0

Posted April 22, 2010
This is a school where teachers and administration nurture intellectual curiosity and help students establish great work habits! More than that, the communication between parents, students and school is A1.

Posted April 14, 2010
My son is in 8th grade and loves the school. The principal is dedicated, the teachers are caring and the support staff is great. Interesting mix of kids. Academics are solid. This school really prepares students for real life situations with a great emphasis on communication skills. We will miss the staff.

Urban Assembly Academy Of Arts And Letters
225 Adelphi St, Brooklyn, NY  11205
Last modified Urban Assembly Academy Of Arts And Letters is a Public school that serves grades K-1, 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Urban Assembly Academy Of Arts And Letters Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.