Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 29, 2016
This is my daughter 3rd year and last in this school. She loves it, the teachers are great. She grew in all aspects academically and personally. She don't want to leave the school but there's new adventure waiting for her in her new High School, Stuyvesant.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 29, 2016
I would like to thanks Mr. Fischler for being her advisor and always being there when she needs it.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 14, 2015
I would like to help develop reading with school giving him homework rather than it be driven by parents

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 14, 2015
Sons learning about wildlife and environment made him very focussed on being compassionate and caring . Also focus on sharing has made him much more sensitive to his sister and brother.

Posted July 14, 2015
Community orientated school with a real focus on learning experience for kids . Son loves it

Urban Assembly Academy Of Arts And Letters 3

Posted April 23, 2015
My child has been here for 4 years starting in 1grade. It was great until the new principal and others in charge now took over last year and took hardline stand against common core curriculum along with his asst. The effect has been inadequate learning on the basics. I'm disappointed and will tutor my child to be able to succeed in scoring high enough to get a better middle school.

Posted October 09, 2014
Awesome! We have fun learning and we have lots of resources available. This is my 1st year here & I already know I'm going to love this year. They have bake sales, fundraisers and after school programs. Not a lot of homework because our assignments are long-term.

Posted February 07, 2014
This is the best middle school ever!!!! I am in the 6th grade and I love my school, teachers, friends and I'm happy I was chosen for one of the 55 seats to go here. This was my 2nd choice school but it should have been my 1st. This was my parents 1st choice and I'm glad I'm here. I've learned so much and this is my first year. My favorite subjects are Math, Science and Humanities and I love having regular gym classes, drama and art. I have awesome friends and wouldn't want to attend any other school.

Posted January 12, 2014
This is our daughter's first year attending middle school and we love it!! The teacher's are excellent, the curriculum is appropriately challenging and the teachers avail themselves for extra student assistance. Our daughter FINALLY understands and enjoys math and science thanks to Ms. Steiner and the Humanities teacher Ms. Visich is amazing!! There are more wonderful teachers but I wanted to highlight non arts related teachers. Our daughter has always been excited about learning but now she's sad if she can't go to school due to having a cold. The Principal recognizes children by name and is doing an absolutely wonderful job. Best decision ever!!

Posted April 15, 2013
my daughter has been at Arts and Letters for 2 years now and she is thriving. her teachers are amazing - smart, loving, inspiring - she loves going to school everyday. the administration works closely with the teachers to create a unified cohesive school where children are known and heard.

225 Adelphi Street, Brooklyn, NY  11205
Last modified Urban Assembly Academy Of Arts And Letters is a Public school that serves grades K-4, 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.