Brooklyn, NY

Posted November 27, 2013
If you want to go to this school because you think have perfect grades, good for you. However, DO NOT let those grades fool you. Middle school is very easy compared to Brooklyn Latin. If you get accepted here, come to school WELL PREPARED. Even if you think you are good at a subject.....STUDY ANYWAY!!!!!! And take into consideration the days of the week which your teachers have OFFICE HOURS. Make sure every single one of your binders are organized. WHY?? It makes it better to STUDY for your final exams, you will get a 100 for all of the BINDER CHECKS, and it just looks better. If you are not good at public speaking, work on that because you will be forced to speak publicly during declamation and socratic seminar. Don't think you can just waltz into the halls of Brooklyn Latin and get straight As without even trying. You need to apply great effort to all your classes. Don't rush through hw and don't overwhelm yourself with activities after school. Have at least 3 hours a day to complete hw and studying. Please don't overlook this life-changing advice I have given you. Use it to be THE perfect student in Brooklyn Latin. Because its just that simple: EFFORT, STUDYING, AND HOMEWORK.

Posted September 23, 2013
I'm a freshman and so far I love it! A bunch of people talk about transferring because of all the work but they just can't handle it. 3 hours of homework a night is just fine if you ask me. I can't wait for my next 3 years as i'm looking forward to the fun and learning!

Posted September 14, 2013
Im a freshmen and i already love it. They expect you to work hard but we do not have a long time to eat. 30 minutes for lunch but thats because our school is give 1 hour for lunch because we share a school and there are 2 groups for lunch. I love advisory and the advisory teacher. When i got in i was crying but now i know it was wrong to cry because its a good school. Its only been the 1st week of school but we get 3 hours of homework every single day. Expect some of your teachers to be strict and expect the others to be very nice. We do have uniforms but seniors cheat their way out of it. We get out pretty early for a school which is one thing im happy about. The distance of it from my house is a problem but i only live 15 minutes away. Many people want to transfer out because of all the hard work(not because its a bad school).

Posted August 26, 2013
My daughter is a sophomore at Brooklyn Latin and loves her school. The teachers are dedicated and engage the students, and the principal has been a true visionary. The atmosphere is warm, yet serious. The work is rigorous, but teachers have office hours and there is ample help for anyone who needs it. It is also one of the few IB high schools in New York. I'm thrilled that we ended up at TBLS, it is truly an undiscovered gem.

Posted August 25, 2013
Brooklyn Latin has exceeded my expectations. I never thought I would be as informed as I am. Everyone is helpful and most importantly my son loves the school.

Posted August 23, 2013
My child has made the transition from being a smart kid with poor study habits to a good student. This is due to the great staff and culture at TBLS. TBLS is a great place for your student to reach his/her potential. I believe my student is prepared for college academics and any personal challenge that may arise.

Posted August 23, 2013
Brooklyn Latin is a a superb school. The environment is child-centric, the teachers are excellent.

Posted August 23, 2013
Brooklyn Latin's holistic liberal arts curriculum and its emphasis on developing great study schools is providing an amazing foundation for lifelong learning! We hope that the new location will provide the students with many more extracurricular activities.

Posted May 20, 2013
NEST+m - been there since kindergarten - have twin boys in the 6th grade... glad to be there - could be SOOOO much better...

Posted February 28, 2013
I am a freshmen parent and have only positive things to say about Brooklyn Latin. As a resident of Manhattan, I'm discovering Williamsburg which is a pleasure in itself, and my son is learning that the Upper West Side is only part of New York City--a good lesson. He has a very rigorous schedule but still has time for sports and hobbies. Latin, physics, declamation, these are just some of the items on his to do list. The school is a hidden gem--you should try to discover it for your child!

Brooklyn Latin School
223 Graham Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11206
Last modified Brooklyn Latin School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooklyn Latin School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top