Brooklyn, NY

Posted September 27, 2013
This is the best school I have worked at and enjoyed! The experience is great, fresh, and most importantly very unique!! The children love coming to school, and always want to stay and not leave. Teachers are wonderful, nurturing, and most importantly are there for the children. I would not leave MARY BOBB! They are the best humble respectful people!!

Posted July 24, 2013
Mary Bobb is a great school. My son will be starting his fourth year in September. The staff is always welcoming and I like that the owners are always on site. My son always shines academically when he visits his cousins. I am a proud mother!

Posted October 24, 2012
I'm attempted to give a 1 star (explained later), but the general experience is highly satisfactory. My child has attended both the day care and elementary MBLA schools. Another reviewer mentioned that the older children are taught in a storefront with several teachers. They have 2 grades in this building, 1st and 2nd (3rd was discontinued). I don't know how this works, but I've observed no detriment to my child's learning ability; quite the opposite. The level of academic improvement compared to the public school experience is undeniable; however, the main building has recently turned into a hub of Christian propaganda. There was no indication that this was a religious school and no onslaught of bible verses on the white board, music, or religious videos in the prior years, so this is highly alarming and annoying to an atheist like myself. At one point, the classes were even taken into a church to wait, if you didn't show up in time. This behavior shows they have no regard for other beliefs or lack thereof. Unfortunately, I can't go into more detail as to what exactly finally prompted this review, due to the rules. Needless to say, I'm now glad this is the final year.

Posted August 21, 2012
I must agree the teaching at Mary Bobb Learning Academy is stellar and I have no complaints regarding the teachers and administration. My boys are truly enjoying their learning experience. Regarding the whiteboard, I think it's a shame that some parents fail to submit their payment on a timely basis. It is unfair to say that they are not lenient. I prefer a reminder on the white board as opposed to my sons being turned away because I, "the parent", failed to comply with the tuition policy. Call me old-school, but we, the parents, need to assume responsibility for our actions. They are providing a unique learning environment for a very reasonable price.

Posted May 10, 2012
My experience with MBLA has been filled positive & negative over the past 2 years. In terms of academics they are stellar, my daughters teachers have been nurturing, challenging, wonderful to work with. She is only 3, has been fully potty trained since 1.5, can count in english, spanish and french, knows all her phonetic sounds, alphabet, can write all her letters, spell her name and is starting to spell other words as well. This alone makes the below worth it. However, the administration of this school leaves MUCH to be desired. When I was in the annex I never had any issues with the administration, but when my daughter was transferred to the main building I realized how poorly operated the school was run. The staff is rude and very crass. Money is their top priority and they are constantly leaving whiteboards in the lobby about their dire need to pay their staff. Completely unprofessional and tacky! Additionally they have no flexibility in their payment structure for parents who get paid bi-weekly or monthly and only want to accept cash. Lastly its a family business, so serious issues are not adequately resolved or are treated with bias because half of the staff is related.

Posted January 13, 2012
On December 29, 2011 Reported my alarms about a Group Leader employed by Mary Bobb. I stressed my concerns with the Founder and she listened with great concerns. Days later the Founder reported back to me that she looked into the situation. She and the director of Mary Bobb talked to this particular teacher. The matter was purportedly addressed and I am pleased. Thank you again for handling the matter. The eagerness showed to handle such speaks great volume about the school.

Posted January 05, 2012
My child has been going there since Sept '11, I have had nothing but good experiences with all staff, teachers, and other employees. I recommend Mary Bobb to everyone, the meals are great, the security is awesome. 5 stars!!

Posted December 29, 2011
Conversely I am happy with the outcome so far. The teaching is great so far. I love the fact that there are two meals served and there is snack time. My young is 80 percent happy with the Learning Academy. She is still adjusting. I don t know how next year maybe whether it s a new teacher or etc. However I will keep you guys posted.

Mary Bobb Learning Academy 1

Posted May 09, 2011
I am not happy at all with the professionalism at Mary Bobb Learning Academy since my child started there it has been nothing but one stresser after another all of the good qualified teachers are gone or leaving because the aren't treated with respect and are not being paid for their qualification. They have an elementary school from Grade kindergarden,1-3 they house in a store front in one room with 3 teacher and desks. How is a child suppose to concentrate with 3 different teacher teaching different lessons. The director is never available pick When it come to money they want to are there to collect it anything else they are too busy to be bothered with you. I am so disappointed with the treatment and attitude that they and some of the assistants who are family members treat us. They don't want the parents and staff to have any kind of relationship I need to be able to speak to my childs teacher about their class performance and behavior but beacuse they must have so much to hide they dont want us to have any relationship with them which is ludacris you must have a relationship with your childs teacher in order to make your child better grounded in school

Mary Bobb Learning Academy 2

Posted March 08, 2011
MaryBobb was a very good choice for me until my son turned four and moved over to the main building. The staff in that building are very unprofessional and they are all about the money.......

Mary Bobb Learning Academy
1187 Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn, NY  11225
Last modified Mary Bobb Learning Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-2
Mary Bobb Learning Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top