Posted July 31, 2013
When deciding where to buy our home, I told my husband it had to be in the Hoover district. The principle is fantastic, and very caring. The staff is also very caring and takes the time to help children with disabilities and they do not push them aside. My 20 yr old went to Hoover and my 8 yr old who has ADHD also goes there. My son has never been been labeled and the teachers will help when issues arise. Kudos to the Hoover elem. teachers. They are the best!

Herbert Hoover Elementary School 1

Posted December 14, 2012
The principal is the weak link at this school. She likes administrative chores but she's not really into children. Why are we taxpayers paying her more than $140,000 (according to See Through NY) + benefits when Hoover ranks just 93rd in WNY, according to "Business First's" annual rankings?

Posted February 24, 2012
I went this school in the late 1950's and remember it as a wonderful experience. After leaving the area to move to California, I missed my classmates, teachers, and the excellent education I received. It appears the school is still an excellent place for parent's to send their children. Thanks for all the great memories.

Posted June 25, 2011
My child really enjoyed the pre school program! we will be sending our child here for elementary!

Posted May 13, 2011
Herbert Hoover Elementary is an excellent school. My daughter has been attending this school for three years now and I am very impressed with the level of Excellence that is continually maintained at this school. The Principal is an extremely caring individual who is very approachable and always available to assist the parents and children in any way she can. The teachers are of the highest quality and really invest their time and energy to providing a wonderful learning environment for the students. My daughter loves attending Hoover Elementary and has benefited from all the great programs (i.e. Gifted and Talented), as well as all the activities/events that the school offers (author visits, family reading night, math night, parent/child art night, concerts, art shows, etc.). It is with my highest recommendation that I recommend Herbert Hoover Elementary School.

Herbert Hoover Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Great teachers, great programs. My boys loved it!

Posted April 21, 2010
As Principal of this excellent school, I am saddened by the first review shown..as it is a personal attack.. and, if you read all the other reviews, it is obviously not true. I understand that anyone can write what they feel, and they should.. and I will try to be more cognizant of why a parent feels I am in my office all the time..even thought I feel I am not, unless I am meeting with people , talking with children, on the phone ,or doing reports..My main concern is that those fine parents reading this info please read past the first review, and read all the GREAT reviews of our school..

Herbert Hoover Elementary School 1

Posted April 11, 2010
The principal sits in her office all the time, when she is there, and doesn't like to be bothered with parents or kids.

Posted February 20, 2009
We moved to this area in December08, so my son had to make that hard transition in the middle of the school year..which worried me. I just want to say, the staff at this school made my son feel more then welcome right from the start, as well as his classmates. The principal is also just wonderful. I feel most confident now that my son's educational needs will be met to the fullest degree. He is very happy & has adjusted well, so thank you Hoover staff! You guys are great.

Posted December 29, 2008
My family had recently moved this summer and were told Hoover would be the school my kids would be attending. My daughter is in 5th and my son is in 1st. We didn't know how it would compare to Roosevelt Elementary where they had gone before. We were pleasantly surprised for sure. My kids are doing fantastic at this school and their grades couldn't be better. Not to mention the pride these teachers have. All of the staff including the principal really take pride in their work and make it fun for the kids. The kids are also very secure in this school and the activities are beyond my belief. What a difference between their previous school and Hoover. I am glad we made the move as well as my kids! I would recommend this school to anyone!

Herbert Hoover Elementary School
199 Thorncliff Rd, Buffalo, NY  14223
Last modified Herbert Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herbert Hoover Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top