Buffalo, NY

Posted August 17, 2014
I wrote a positive review of this school when my boys (twins) were in kindergarten, now they are entering 4th grade and my opinion of this school remains very positive. My boys are challenged everyday to be good citizens and students. The teachers are excellent, they work extremely hard to be sure that every child gets the most out of their day. I really can't imagine a better public school. My hat is off to the aminstrative staff and teachers for helping my boys as well as every other child reach there potential. If your wondering if this is a good school, please believe me, this is a great school!

Posted April 03, 2013
Excellent start for any child. The school is very diverse unlike a lot of the suburban schools in this area. The staff is very freindly and caring. I have two kids that attend Windermere elementary and honestly I have nothing negative to say about the school.

Windermere Blvd School 2

Posted February 20, 2012
I had an earlier review removed so I will post another. My son entered Windermere in the 5th Grade after transferring from Hamburg Schools. He has special needs and I feel his teacher Heather Rogers did nothing to meet these needs and was condescending towards my son and myself. I would not recommend this school.

Posted January 13, 2012
Windermere is an outstanding school!! The teachers and staff are incredibly talented, caring and responsive to your needs. The school is warm and inviting. There are many fun events for students and parents. The teachers are truly the BEST - really top-notch. So well versed and trained in every aspect. We love Windermere!

Posted January 13, 2012
Windermere is terrific!!! The students are so proud to be there, as well as the teachers and staff. There is a stong sense of community. There is a laser-like focus on academic success and achievement. The students and staff work incredibly hard. Windermere is a very special place!

Posted September 16, 2009
Windermere is a school where every staff member is focused on the children. The atmosphere is supportive and nurturing, enabling the kids to work to their full potential. I have seen my son and the children in his classroom grow in so many ways, not only academically but also in their character development. The focus of the school and our children in one of inclusion in this diverse environment, where every individual is respected and supported. The Windermere community is doing it right and as a parent I am both proud and incredibly grateful to be a part of this outstanding school.

Windermere Blvd School 0

Posted January 13, 2009
This is my son's 3rd year at Windermere. He started there with the UPK program. I have been involved with the PTA for all 3 years and have found it very rewarding. I recommend contacting the VP of Membership of the PTA. She will respond promptly to your request.

Windermere Blvd School 2

Posted January 09, 2009
If you re a hands-on parent, this is not the school for you and your child. Windermere takes a trust me, I know what s best for your child approach. The staff is very condescending if you ask questions. District personnel ignore complaints and do not return phone calls. I submitted my membership to the PTA months ago and never received a response.

Windermere Blvd School 4

Posted December 29, 2008
My daughter is in the 3rd grade and has attended Windermere since Kindergarten. Windermere is such a diverse environment which I absolutely love, the teachers really work beyond expectations (they are really their for the students), there is such a huge parental involvement which is excellent to our children's learning experience and the lines of communication between school and parent is always open. Overall, I feel truly bleseed to have my daughter in a great school and a safe and diverse environment.

Posted August 29, 2008
My daughter attended kindergarten at Windermere. We were extremely pleased with her experience at the school! Wonderful teachers, and Ms. Lavin, the principal knows the names of every student and it is obvious that she cares deeply for each of them. There were 19 kids in her class with one teacher and a full time aide. There were also speech and ESL teachers in the classroom frequently as some of the students were new to the USA. My daughter is very bright and her teacher was able to keep her challenged and engaged while meeting the needs of a wonderfully diverse class full of children. We recently moved out of state and our new school has 27 kids in the class with one teacher, no aides and fewer resources to meet the needs of my daughter. We miss and appreciate Windermere even more than we thought we would.

Windermere Blvd School
291 Windermere Boulevard, Buffalo, NY  14226
Last modified Windermere Blvd School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windermere Blvd School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top