Buffalo, NY

Posted September 04, 2011
Excellent School. My son enjoyed his learning from 1-4th grade here. Really very good school. Now we moved to MD and my son is missing this school much. "Kudos to Small Wood Drive"

Posted May 06, 2011
Great school and great teachers. The school has a nice playground too and my 6 yr old loves it there. But there is one problem, which has nothing to do with the school, but with the district. The school district is seriously in need of more after school programs. We did book our afterschool program well ahead of the school year and got into one of the 4 centers (surprising but true, only 4 centers where the school bus will drop you off). But a few months into the program, we realised that the particular afterschool center was realy really bad, and we tried changing. WE COULD NOT. I am now stuck picking up my child and dropping him off at a day car in amherst (outisde smallwood district). But there was not problem getting into after school programs in the middle of the year in EAST amherst or williamsville school districts (I checked). THe transportion dept. refuses to transport our son to any other daycare outside their regular routes (of couse which means, wee are stuck with these 4 centers). Beware of this.

Posted February 09, 2009

Posted December 18, 2008

Posted April 28, 2006
Excellent school, with high academic standards and solid leadership. Great environment.

Posted March 06, 2006
As a parent of two children at Smallwood, I would say that the academics are outstanding, the teachers professional and well prepared, and the administration solid. I would say however that there could be more physical fitness for the children. The school is barely meeting state requirements if at all and recess and outside activities are cut regularly for academics. I think that my children are getting a great academic experience, but the school needs to find some balance in physical fitness and wellness of the children as a whole.

Posted December 15, 2005
Having grown up with a negative view of public schools, having my kids attend Smallwood Drive School changed that. Smallwood is a model that all schools should follow. All the cliches about commitment to excellence, etc., aren't really cliches, because they are true. There really isn't anything bad to say about the school. The teachers are excellent, and they truly are devoted to their students.

Posted October 12, 2005

Smallwood Drive School 3

Posted July 13, 2005

Posted June 06, 2005
Smallwood Drive School is the #1 rated elementary school for test scores in the Greater Buffalo area and enjoys having one of the best management teams and academic instructors and administration staff. Everything is geared toward the students learning, achieving and growing. The availability of various programs for music, art and wellness programs far exceed the other elementary schools in the area. Additionally, the school has an excellent program for students with learning and other disabilities that includes 4:1:1, 1:1 and other inclusion programs with the gradual movement to inclusion for those able to do so. The program has had great success for our son and was a Godsend ! Level of involvement by parents is great but always can be better. Many parents volunteer their time for various activities provided by the PTA and fundraisers are very limited. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who has a child of elementary age.

Smallwood Drive School
300 Smallwood Drive, Buffalo, NY  14226
Last modified Smallwood Drive School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smallwood Drive School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top