Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Truman Elementary School 2

Posted November 16, 2015
Children are naturally more creative as they explore the world them. However I feel like they're creativity is butchered until they're teen years where they start to explore who they are which is bad for they're development. For a school who's motto is "Future's begin here" I think thy could do a much better job at preparing these young children for the big world.

Grateful to: Student

Posted November 16, 2015
Rifeq Omar for being a good sport. He was also so understand, so kind so warm and treated me like a real brother

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted November 16, 2015
You don't feel like they're to actually teach. People are not to think only of themselves and then we find later in life these students think of these students different or even exclude them because they think everyone is like them

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted November 16, 2015
It's not so much the homework it's what they're learning in class. These children are not skilled enough that when a person comes from another school and they know more and they're piers find that they're not as brilliant as them could cause all sorts of dilemma for these children

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted November 16, 2015
I feel like these children need to be taught to work together not just everyone of on his own

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted November 16, 2015
Not really. If a certain student doesn't fit in with the other students you'll find all others picking on him and teacher's don't do anything about it and sometimes it will feel as if the teacher's are trying to make the students more upset to the student and I don't know why they don't have anyone they could talk to but I think teachers should put their students before them

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted November 16, 2015
I feel the good thing about this school is that it let's students think for themselves however that could be enveloped as selfishness, ignorance and irresponsibility in he future. Where one student will get picked on and other students will find because they're not as brilliant as the other student try to bog him down as well which is unfair to both the teachers and the students. Shouldn't everyone receive the same level of education and shouldn't the teacher's know how to handle "people who only think for themselves" which is most of what these students grow up to be and most of them grow up to be. Either that or they'll try to tell everyone how you're different in order to take better control of you which is disgusting, sad and repulsive in a public school system. While I understand these teacher's may have busy lives it doesn't give them the right to punish those children because they don't know what they're going through. It should be more fair not let's just shape these students to whatever we want them to be.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 16, 2015
If you are different as in more creative then most students you will find that you are always by yourself. My experience here was a nightmare....you don't feel like most people care about you. Let them use their imagination and when I say imagination don't mean as in "color inside" the lines but as in let them be free what they're hearts want to design. Some of these children come from households we're they're parents are not really aware of what's going on in their world especially if you're foreign, your parents are from another country or you are coming from a different school.

Truman Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2014
Truman elementary is by far the worst else marry school I have ever encountered in my life there is a woman who works in the office who is very nasty and rude we just moved here and they refused to let me walk my 5 year old daughter into school and the first day every though she had no idea where she was going or who anyone was they had a big police officer at the door not allowing any parent past the door like it was a correctional facility so basically I had to let my 5 year old figure it out I was absolutely furious the principal has yet to return a call after weeks of messages I've left her regarding our situation and yesterday was the topping on the cake when my 4 year old who's in pre-k didn't get home until 5:30pm her drop off time was 3:40 so I'm so lost as to why it would ever take so long it could circle Lackawanna 10 times in that time and so when I called the rude woman in the office told me to contact the bus company as if my 4 year old was absolutely no concern I was seconds from calling the police I am furious absolutely disgusted I highly advise anybody to second think this school it is no place for small children they aren't friendly or caring!!!

Truman Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2014
Most teachers are excellent but there are a few who should no longer be teaching. Positive experiences with the principal as well as other staff members. Security is a bit lacking overall.

15 Inner Drive, Buffalo, NY  14218
Last modified Truman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1