Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Children are naturally more creative as they explore the world them. However I feel like they're creativity is butchered until they're teen years where they start to explore who they are which is bad for they're development. For a school who's motto is "Future's begin here" I think thy could do a much better job at preparing these young children for the big world.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

You don't feel like they're to actually teach. People are not to think only of themselves and then we find later in life these students think of these students different or even exclude them because they think everyone is like them

Amount of homework: no rating

It's not so much the homework it's what they're learning in class. These children are not skilled enough that when a person comes from another school and they know more and they're piers find that they're not as brilliant as them could cause all sorts of dilemma for these children

Develops character: Disagree

If you are different as in more creative then most students you will find that you are always by yourself. My experience here was a nightmare....you don't feel like most people care about you. Let them use their imagination and when I say imagination don't mean as in "color inside" the lines but as in let them be free what they're hearts want to design. Some of these children come from households we're they're parents are not really aware of what's going on in their world especially if you're foreign, your parents are from another country or you are coming from a different school.

Truman elementary is by far the worst else marry school I have ever encountered in my life there is a woman who works in the office who is very nasty and rude we just moved here and they refused to let me walk my 5 year old daughter into school and the first day every though she had no idea where she was going or who anyone was they had a big police officer at the door not allowing any parent past the door like it was a correctional facility so basically I had to let my 5 year old figure it out I was absolutely furious the principal has yet to return a call after weeks of messages I've left her regarding our situation and yesterday was the topping on the cake when my 4 year old who's in pre-k didn't get home until 5:30pm her drop off time was 3:40 so I'm so lost as to why it would ever take so long it could circle Lackawanna 10 times in that time and so when I called the rude woman in the office told me to contact the bus company as if my 4 year old was absolutely no concern I was seconds from calling the police I am furious absolutely disgusted I highly advise anybody to second think this school it is no place for small children they aren't friendly or caring!!!

Most teachers are excellent but there are a few who should no longer be teaching. Positive experiences with the principal as well as other staff members. Security is a bit lacking overall.

I am actually shocked at the bad reviews of Truman Elementary recently. It makes me think perhaps the same disgruntled parent is posting all of them. My oldest daughter went to Truman and we were very happy with the school. Now my youngest is in her first year there and we continue to be very happy with the school. The teachers are great and really care about helping the children succeed. Often times, parents who are not involved enough with their children's academic success will criticize the school or teachers when their child has an academic or disciplinary problem. Those parents need to stop blaming the school and teachers and start being better parents. 90% of problems in school have a root in the home.

The teachers work hard to help the students succeed. I am happy with their commitment.

I am just curious as to how Lackawanna City Schools deal with issues like bullying when their staff especially the teacher aides are bullies. They treat every parent who walks through the doors like absolute garbage. Where did this staff come from?

Horrifying! I can't even begin to describe the mess in this place! It is not a safe or caring environment at all. Can they just shut this place down already?!

Last modified Truman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1