Buffalo, NY

Posted November 27, 2013
iI love this school ever since i got there I've felt so good about myself i am so much more confident and i feel so much more dedicated to my instrument and my art then i would have ever been at any other school.

Posted November 11, 2009
The best local theatre in the area. When you're leaving a production, you have a 'those just COULDN'T have been high schoolers' feeling. Simply amazing.

Posted November 05, 2009
This school has taught me so much. It has such a friendly atmosphere. I love it.

Posted April 14, 2009
I feel like it's a good community for my child to grow up in. Lots of the info on this site is wrong. I don't understand why t only has a 4 out of 10. It's got incredible reviews in the newspaper, and everyone I know that went to the school is smart and kind. An amazing school. Don't pay attention to the greatschools rating.

Posted April 06, 2009
i go to BAVPA and am in 8th grade this year. i wouldn't ever change schools. the people there are so understanding, and accepting of everybody. the teachers are really nice to me and pay attention to my individual needs. and of course, the theatre is amazing to perform in, i feel like i'm in Broadway. its an amazing school.

Posted February 25, 2009
My child is a 8th grade student at BAVPA. She's been to seven different schools over the past two years, and bavpa is by far the best school. Everyone is accepting and kind.

Posted February 25, 2009
Yes, you may not have as good academics as city honors at bavpa, but the people at arts are so much friendlier, and the arts program is so fantastic, that it makes up for the lack of IB classes. I honestly think that we made the right choice between city honors and performing arts for my son. He got accepted to both. His brother currently attends city honors, and he should be getting a letter in the mail soon from bavpa, letting him know if he got accepted. The school is incredible. Everyone there is like a part of a big huge family.

Posted February 25, 2009
Best school in buffalo. The whole place is like a big family.

Buffalo Academy For The Visual And Perform Arts 3

Posted April 26, 2005
My child is in 7th grade at BAVPA and has always been on the honor roll. This year, however, a great many of the 7th graders, my child included, are struggling desperately with math, and the teacher seems unable to do anything about it. In addition, the principal stresses the children be given more homework to bring up school test scores, but if they don't understand what's going on, how does he think that will improve test scores. My impression is that some of the teachers either don't have the time or just don't care about our children. Phone calls are not returned, and neither is email.

Buffalo Academy For The Visual And Perform Arts 4

Posted August 09, 2004
I go to BAVPA, and I think this is a very good school. I think the decipline is excellent, and the academics are outstanding. The staff is very nice, and understanding. You couldn't ask for a better school. You would think because its grades 5 through 12 there would be problems, involving the students. There are very few if any at all. I wouldn't change school's for the world.

Buffalo Academy For The Visual And Perform Arts
450 Masten Avenue, Buffalo, NY  14209
Last modified Buffalo Academy For The Visual And Perform Arts is a Public school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buffalo Academy For The Visual And Perform Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top