Bad
Good

My daughter has transition into middle school wonderfully. The teachers and staff are wonderful. My daughter was having a problem with some bullying, once I notified the school the counselor took care of it immediately. Mrs Kuom the counselor was so caring, she listened to my daughters concerns as well as mine. I couldn't of asked for anything more. She is amazing. My daughter is no longer being bullied and is enjoying middle school beautifully. Thank you:)

I have a 6th Grader at this school and she has transitioned to middle school perfectly. The teachers make learning fun and I am the proud parent of an Honor Roll student. There are many extra-curricular activities for boys and girls alike; the only way kids are bored is if they don't join. I do agree that administration needs to be present more. I think the kids doing the announcements are great, we had that in our elementary school as well.

Not a bad school at all. The kids can be typical middle schoolers but the teachers keep them in line. The teaching methods here are very progressive and student-centered. My only recommendations would be for a) The administration to be more visible out in the halls and cafeteria and b) Get rid of the student announcements/morning show. It's very poorly done and wastes important time that could be spent learning.

This school is better than it seems. Overall, the faculty and staff really try to provide a great education. Science and athletics are particularly strong subjects. Extracurricular activities like the musical are and sports are heavily promoted and supported. The new principal is a bit weak -- he doesn't act on students' and teachers' valid concerns.

Love this school, my son attends and how cool that I did when I was a boy. I think the staff along with Mr Smorol-principal are very caring and have given my son the tools to strive in a sucessful manner..

I am currently a 7th grader here, and I love it. However, I think that Study Hall should be availible to all students all school year.

I used to go here before I moved, and I truly wish I could come back. Everything about Sweethome made me feel, ironically, at home. The people aren't snobbish, the teachers aren't full of themselves, and the principal is there on a daily basis. And now I feel homesick... :(

Like most Middle Schools, Sweet Home middle has a problem emphasizing the importance of social interaction and is completely unfocused on actual education. It seems to continue on in the high school as well. The problem would be easily resolved by making elementary k-8 and using the middle school building as a 2nd high school.

My son is an 8th grade student here and we love it! The music department is wonderful and the activities for students allow every child the opportunity to participate in something that they enjoy! it truly meets the needs of all students!

sweethome is one of the best schools in the world in my opinion my child loves it

Last modified Sweet Home Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.