Buffalo, NY

Sweet Home Middle School 5

Posted April 14, 2015
My daughter has transition into middle school wonderfully. The teachers and staff are wonderful. My daughter was having a problem with some bullying, once I notified the school the counselor took care of it immediately. Mrs Kuom the counselor was so caring, she listened to my daughters concerns as well as mine. I couldn't of asked for anything more. She is amazing. My daughter is no longer being bullied and is enjoying middle school beautifully. Thank you:)

Sweet Home Middle School 5

Posted May 23, 2013
I have a 6th Grader at this school and she has transitioned to middle school perfectly. The teachers make learning fun and I am the proud parent of an Honor Roll student. There are many extra-curricular activities for boys and girls alike; the only way kids are bored is if they don't join. I do agree that administration needs to be present more. I think the kids doing the announcements are great, we had that in our elementary school as well.

Posted March 12, 2013
Not a bad school at all. The kids can be typical middle schoolers but the teachers keep them in line. The teaching methods here are very progressive and student-centered. My only recommendations would be for a) The administration to be more visible out in the halls and cafeteria and b) Get rid of the student announcements/morning show. It's very poorly done and wastes important time that could be spent learning.

Posted February 07, 2012
This school is better than it seems. Overall, the faculty and staff really try to provide a great education. Science and athletics are particularly strong subjects. Extracurricular activities like the musical are and sports are heavily promoted and supported. The new principal is a bit weak -- he doesn't act on students' and teachers' valid concerns.

Sweet Home Middle School 0

Posted December 16, 2009
Love this school, my son attends and how cool that I did when I was a boy. I think the staff along with Mr Smorol-principal are very caring and have given my son the tools to strive in a sucessful manner..

Posted December 05, 2009

Posted September 07, 2009
I am currently a 7th grader here, and I love it. However, I think that Study Hall should be availible to all students all school year.

Posted August 12, 2009

Sweet Home Middle School 1

Posted June 01, 2009

Sweet Home Middle School 1

Posted December 09, 2008

Sweet Home Middle School
4150 Maple Road, Buffalo, NY  14226
Last modified Sweet Home Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sweet Home Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top